PDA

View Full Version : United SEA-LAX

disney4us
12-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Anyone flown this route recently? Do they have tv's in the back of the seats? Just trying to figure out how to entertain the kids for 2 1/2 hours. If TV's then I won't need to bring too much to keep them entertained on the plane.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-30-2006, 09:52 PM
I just flew that route a few weeks ago. No t.v. monitors on the seats or above head. In fact, I fly this route 2-3 times a year and I've not ever seen them, only on long-distance flights.

Have a great time! Good time to get out of SEA!!! :)

yenko427
12-31-2006, 06:57 AM
We purchased a Leapster for our 5 year old (the games range from preK-10 yrs old). They are small and compact and you can even take a pair of headphones and hook it in. We are also taking Go Fish and color books with us. Buy a couple of new games just for the trip and you will be good to go. The nice thing about the Leapster is it is not just mind numbing video games, they are educational too.

disneyhound
12-31-2006, 07:20 AM
We fly out of a small regional airport to SFO on a prop-plane, then connect to a Jet for the final leg to SNA. We never get a movie for the SFO-SNA route, even though all those jets have the TV screens. I purchased a portable DVD player years ago for our vacation travel (don't forget about any lay-overs)!

mjjpower
01-01-2007, 03:13 PM
You can also rent DVD players to take onboard with you at the airport. I can't remember if LAX has a drop off or not though. We did this on one trip and it was money well spent. I think the company has a website...look at the SeaTac website to be sure.

splash
01-01-2007, 03:22 PM
We just flew a United from PDX to LAX and they had TV's that hung down from the ceiling in the aisle row. They just showed part of a game show and some access Hollywood. We also had headphones for radio stations (my son found a station that was for kids. Just FYI

ima_mickeyfan
01-02-2007, 08:30 AM
when we fly, we don't watch the movies, it's time for me to have some peace and quiet. the kids color or read books, I encourage them to get some rest and relax as the flight from pdx - lax is only 2 hours. 2 hours of missing tv or a movie is not going to kill them.

mjjpower
01-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Yes, it is true that it won't kill them to not watch tv, but I also have two children who are rather nervous to fly and watching a video is comforting to them. I think the fellow passengers also appreciate this because they are not crying or fussing. Everyone knows their children best, so do what's best for your children...and what's best also changes as they grow as well. My oldest is perfectly content reading her book while we fly....which is what I'd prefer to do as well. I can't tell you though how many times I have been on a flight with children who just can't handle the close proximity of everyone on the plane...it makes for a very long flight for the other passengers let me tell you.

disney4us
01-02-2007, 12:27 PM
My DS is 4 and we travelled with him this summer. He is a very nervous flyer and we found the flight which had the TV (cartoons) made such a huge difference. He was still nervous but didn't dig his nails into our arms (seriously) quite as much. Our flights in the summer were also only an hour in length and this is 2.5 hours. We have decided to borrow a portable DVD player to have just in case we need it. Normally the kids are great in the vehicle for extended periods of time watching the scenary, but the flights scare them.