PDA

View Full Version : People Mover Theme

Bytebear
12-30-2006, 10:41 AM
An idea that has been discussed is the egg vehicles being used on the People Mover track as a theme from The Incredibles.

I have another idea. I am watching the movie "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" and I was thinking they could use this as a themed ride called "The Hitchhikers Ride Through the Galaxy". The cars could be themed on the tour of "Earth 2" and you could have effects of the earth being created in the various show rooms. I guess you have to see the movie to understand what I mean, but I like the idea.

And Disney did the distribution of the movie so they probably already own the rights.

Bytebear
12-30-2006, 10:51 AM
Oh, and change the Pizza Port to the "Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Gone2Disneyland
12-30-2006, 10:52 AM
I didn't see the movie and read the first book years and years ago. But I sure love the theming. Fits Tomorrowland quite nicely.

PanFan
12-30-2006, 10:53 AM
Oh, and change the Pizza Port to the "Restaurant at the End of the Universe"
Love it!

ministrychick77
12-30-2006, 11:38 AM
that is actually a really good idea... plus if they throw alan rickman's voice in there somehow i shall be very happy...:D

lagunachadling
12-30-2006, 11:49 AM
I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!!!!!!! All Imagineer spies, TAKE NOTE!!!!:D

Bytebear
12-30-2006, 11:50 AM
How about a walking version of Marvin, similar to that trash can.

cstephens
12-31-2006, 11:22 AM
And Disney did the distribution of the movie so they probably already own the rights.

Just because they bought the rights to make/distribute the movie does not mean they have theme park rights to the property.

(And way before the movie came out, quite a number of us talked about how Hitchhiker would fit very nicely into a theme park, especially with the Restaurant, but the cost to build such a ride would probably be too prohibitive, and there is uncertainty as to how much such a a ride would appeal to the non-Hitchhiker folks.)

The Real Cinderella
12-31-2006, 04:45 PM
This is a much better idea than the Incredibles. This is the third post I have written on this subject tonight. KEEP PIXAR OUT OF TOMORROWLAND! Though, I suppose the Incredibles are somewhat futuristic, but still.

I love the idea!