PDA

View Full Version : Booked my retry trip & I have a few questions for ya

Pages : [1] 2

hickorydickory
12-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Many of you know my story,

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=63103&highlight=terrible+trip

I just wanted to say thanks to everone who wished me well and let you know that WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!! I just booked our flight and reserved the Hojo at a rate of $54!!! WE will be there for a week.
So now for the questions.
I have toontown morning passes that expire the day before we arrive .... do you think they will honor them?
Do we need sunscreen in febuary?
Where is the closest grocery store (to the Hojo) that carries fresh produce?
How safe is it for DH to jog at night or early morning? He is 6'2" & 210 lbs
Where can I purchase an unlined autograph book for DD BEFORE we go into the park?

That is all for now. I am sure to have more questions soon
:) Thanks

ScottDisneyFan
12-29-2006, 10:30 AM

I just wanted to say thanks to everone who wished me well and let you know that WE ARE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!!!!!! I just booked our flight and reserved the Hojo at a rate of $54!!! WE will be there for a week.
I have toontown morning passes that expire the day before we arrive .... do you think they will honor them?
Where can I purchase an unlined autograph book for DD BEFORE we go into the park?

I would try a character warehouse or Disney store...It really depends what area he is jogging at but much of the area is safe

yenko427
12-29-2006, 11:32 AM
Hey Hickory. I am doing my retry trip the end of January. We had to cancel due to my son being ill. I purchased a Disneyland autograph book off ebay for like $3, still wrapped in its packaging with the 5 main characters on the front. I wanted to have it right when we got there so we did not miss anybody. We had to opt for HOJO's this time (the first trip was at DLH but this time it was like $600 more).

Stupid_American
12-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Unless you are trying to find a "deal" on one, the autograph books are available right after you pass through the turnstiles.
There is a shop before you enter under the left tunnel, and shops after you exit either tunnel.

There's also books at World of Disney, Downtown Disney, in case you run into a princess before the tunnel!:D

Bytebear
12-29-2006, 02:49 PM
It wouldn't hurt to have sunscreen on hand, but it can also be rainy, so watch the weather reports. If you forget, you can get sunscreen at the first aid offices free of charge.

If your husband goes jogging, I would stick to major streets close to the park. The neighborhood around Disneyland isn't the safest, and if you are unsure, it is better to be cautious. I would think early mornings would be safer than the evening.

ktrm
12-29-2006, 06:58 PM

1. Try calling Walt Disney Travel company about the toontown morning passes. They are usually very nice and maybe they will exchange them if you ask.

2. Sunscreen in February. I don't know. I went in early March and definitely did not need sunscreen but a poncho. If you have a small child sunscreen might be a good idea.

3. I stayed at the Candy Cane Inn and I don't know if I would jog at night. Its a nice hotel but I did see some shady characters at the AM/PM store next door.

4. I got my autograph book ahead of time at mouseshoppe.com.

I have a question for you. When are you going and how did you get HoJo for $54 a night. Thats fantastic!! I was looking at February and keep coming up with $99per night.

wingsong
12-29-2006, 10:04 PM
Don't know about the passes, never hurts to ask.

We needed sunscreen last December. Friends who went last March didn't.

Jogging, use common sense, just like anywhere else.

We got our autograph books at our local dollar store (BC Canada) and oddly enough they were Disney ones.

hickorydickory
12-30-2006, 08:26 AM
I have a question for you. When are you going and how did you get HoJo for $54 a night. Thats fantastic!! I was looking at February and keep coming up with $99per night.

It was the entertainment book rate. I got lucky and got it at just the right moment becuase I tried to get the same rate a few days later to get one extranight and all the entertainment rooms were already booked.

hickorydickory
12-30-2006, 08:28 AM
We got our autograph books at our local dollar store (BC Canada) and oddly enough they were Disney ones.

Which one? I am in Langley. I am having trouble finding a book with unlined pages.

bassett1976
12-30-2006, 08:45 AM

Yes, its always a good idea to wear sunscreen. This is coming from a PE teacher that hates to wear sunscreen who only lives about 45 minutes away from DLR.

I wouldn't go too late or early. Running around the resort would be easy enough and safe. I would not run north of the freeway or even the street south and away from DL (sorry, I don't remember the name) during the dark times. If he ran during the park hours the streets are always full of people.

mommy-san
12-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Autograph books: HoJo gift shop is almost certain to have a few different ones.
I'll be stocking up when I get there the end of the month, so leave 2 pink ones for me!:)

ktrm
12-30-2006, 11:40 PM
It was the entertainment book rate. I got lucky and got it at just the right moment becuase I tried to get the same rate a few days later to get one extranight and all the entertainment rooms were already booked.

I am familiar with an entertainment book rate but I did not see this as an option on the howard johnson web site. I saw AAA discounts, senior discounts, group discounts, and special promotions discounts. Did you get the entertainment rate by calling Howard Johnsons directly? I have gotten entertainment book rates for the Holiday Inn Anaheim resort on the holiday inn website($79/night) but it is one of the discount options and tells me if they are sold out or not. Thanks for your help because I am really interested in trying HoJos at some point in the future.

joannabanana
12-30-2006, 11:58 PM
How are the beds at the HoJo???

kikid
12-31-2006, 05:56 AM

Have a Wonderful Trip! Tell hubby to jog in and around DTD early in the morning. The streets surrounding Disney are too busy and filled with exhaust!

DangerMouse
12-31-2006, 06:43 AM
I am familiar with an entertainment book rate but I did not see this as an option on the howard johnson web site. I saw AAA discounts, senior discounts, group discounts, and special promotions discounts. Did you get the entertainment rate by calling Howard Johnsons directly? I have gotten entertainment book rates for the Holiday Inn Anaheim resort on the holiday inn website($79/night) but it is one of the discount options and tells me if they are sold out or not. Thanks for your help because I am really interested in trying HoJos at some point in the future.

HoJo does not advertise their Entertainment rate online. You have to call the hotel directly or email with either Willie or Jennifer. They will let you know right off if their are entertainment rates for your dates of stay.

Here's the email addy's for you:

Jennifer Breland <jennifer.breland@hojoanaheim.com>
Willie Simpson <william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com>

rentayenta
12-31-2006, 06:48 AM

1. Toontown passes. Call guests services and find out. If they do agree, get the name of the person you spoke with so if you do get any grief you have a name.

2. There is a Target a few miles away and a Food for Less. If you are taking a taxi from the airport, the driver will know. You can always get the groceries delievered too.

3. Sunsceen, bring your own to be safe. The parks jack up the price.

4. Jog? Who jogs on vacation? :confused: ;)

5. I haven't found the line to get a book in the park painful at all. There are the little stands, on both sides after you enter, where you can purchase books. I do suggest bringing your own pen as we have never had any luck with DL pens.

Have fun and congrats on the excellent HoJo rate!:)

Malcon10t
12-31-2006, 07:35 AM
3. Sunsceen, bring your own to be safe. The parks jack up the price.
If you do forget sunscreen and need it, go to First Aid, they will give you some free.

rentayenta
12-31-2006, 08:21 AM
If you do forget sunscreen and need it, go to First Aid, they will give you some free.

Great tip- thanks!

ktrm
12-31-2006, 12:36 PM
HoJo does not advertise their Entertainment rate online. You have to call the hotel directly or email with either Willie or Jennifer. They will let you know right off if their are entertainment rates for your dates of stay.

Here's the email addy's for you:

Jennifer Breland <jennifer.breland@hojoanaheim.com>
Willie Simpson <william.simpson@hojoanaheim.com>

Thanks DangerMouse. This is something I would never learn without the help of mouseplanet subscribers! This is a huge financial savings. Maybe I can squeeze in one more Disney trip for the family if I can get this price.

hickorydickory
01-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Is there a grocery store close to target? My DH remebers passing one on one of his runs on our last trip. He said it was a few blocks to the left.... can anyone confirm this?

Malcon10t
01-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Is there a grocery store close to target? My DH remebers passing one on one of his runs on our last trip. He said it was a few blocks to the left.... can anyone confirm this?There is a Von's a block or so east of Target on Chapman.

mousemom
01-01-2007, 06:40 PM
How do you get the Entertainment book? Do you have to be a California resident?

Bolivar
01-01-2007, 06:51 PM
What is an "Entertainment Rate"?

bassett1976
01-01-2007, 07:21 PM
How do you get the Entertainment book? Do you have to be a California resident?

How to get it:
http://entertainment.com/discount/home.shtml

You do not need to be a CA resident.

What is an "Entertainment Rate"?

The Entertainment rate is a special rate for the holders of one of the Entertainment books. When you arrive at the hotel you have to show the card that comes with the book.

hickorydickory
01-02-2007, 07:21 AM
One note about the entertainment rate-
They only open up a small amount of rooms at that rate and only if they don't believe they will be at 80% capacity. I called a few days after reserving my room at a that rate and all of the true entertainment rates were already booked and I could not even add a single night at that rate.

I was just lucky with my timing I guess.