PDA

View Full Version : Please help me decide... [dates to visit Disneyland]

twokids
12-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Hi everyone!!

I really need some advice. I am trying to decide between two sets of dates and was wondering if anyone can give me any feedback. Which dates would be less crowded, Jan 3-5th or a weekend in January? I will be staying on site for either dates.

Thanks!

MiaTurner
12-28-2006, 09:01 PM
Weekends are more crowded than weekdays but I'd say that would be the lesser of the two evils ;) The first week of January it sounds like a lot of people are going to see the holiday overlay before it goes away. And it's the end of blockout days for annual pass holders. I would say a later week in January would work much better.

Niwel
12-28-2006, 11:12 PM
Ditto later in the month. Xmas decor goes down on the 7th. Sundays are always better than Saturdays. :) Enjoy!

kylephoto760
12-29-2006, 12:05 AM
I'll put it this way. My friends and I have been planning to go up on the 5th & 6th. Then we found out the parents of one of them had been planning the same thing. That was followed by finding out that another friend (who wasn't going with us) and her family were going on the 6th. I came home and told my mother this just to find out that she too had been looking at going the 6th. I think next Saturday is going to be very, very busy.

disneyhound
12-29-2006, 05:27 AM
Remember, SoCal schools are on winter break untill January 8th! So that last weekend 6th & 7th will be very busy not only for that reason, but end of Holiday time at DL. Also, MLK weekend is a busy weekend!

disney jones
12-29-2006, 09:23 AM
lots of rides close down after the Christmas season too - look for the ride refurbishment schedule.

personaly, i'd go later in January too mainly for less crowds - something about Christmas decorations on Jan 5th doesn't make me go 'falalalalalalalala'.