PDA

View Full Version : Goofy's kitchen or Minnie and friends

pooh0200
12-28-2006, 12:06 PM
Which breakfast would you do?? We have been to goofy's kitchen so we know what it is like but we were wondering about minnie and Friends are they the same or not.

Leslie
(headed back in 2007 just not sure when yet.)

pisces
12-28-2006, 03:34 PM
Goofys!

I was at Minnie and Friends Breakfast on Dec. 24.... and they've fallen off a bit. It was quaint and fun enough, but if you want better food....Goofys.

Also consider Lilo and Stitch, for way better omelets and breakfast choices.

But, if all you care about is Character interraction, and aren't really in it for the food, then Minnies would be a good choice.

AliCat
12-28-2006, 08:12 PM
We were at Minnie and Friends on Dec. 23rd for breakfast and were a little disappointed after hearing good things about it. The food was alright, nothing super special, but just alright. The character interaction wasn't as good as we were expecting. We were finished and had only seen about 4 characters come by our table. Finally Minnie came around right before we were going to leave. We saw Eeyore, Chip and Dale, but they never came to our table. For us it really wasn't worth the money and took up a lot of morning light line ride time. I suppose it just depends on how much the character breakfast means to you and your family. We have gone to Goofy's kitchen in the past and the food has been just about the same quality as Minnie's and the character interaction has varied. Hope this helps a little.

wingsong
12-28-2006, 09:58 PM
We've done Goofy's twice and Minnie's once. Our first Goofy's experience was awesome. Our second, not so much, far fewer characters (which is sort of the point, you can get better breakfast food elsewhere cheaper). My kids actually enjoyed Minnie's more. When we were there they made a real effort to get the characters around to the different tables and my boys actually liked the food better (less variety, more "traditional" breakfast offerings). The character breakfasts seem to change fairly often though both in regards to food and characters.

hlbtimes2
12-29-2006, 08:11 AM
We have done Minnies and Goofys. We like Minnies better. We felt the interaction was much better there. There are more foods to choose from at Goofys, but we really do the character meals for the characters not so much the food.

landj
12-29-2006, 08:43 AM
We were just there beginning of December and quite enjoyed Minnie's & we saw quite a few characters Winnie the Pooh, Eyeore,Chip&Dale,Fairy Godmother, Minnie, Captain Hook, Tigger & Peter Pan & Wendy. The kids had been a bit sad Captain Hook didn't come near our table so they went in( we were seated outside) and asked that he come out & he did within 5mins directly to our table.

disney jones
12-29-2006, 09:15 AM
we've done them all, multiple times.

Lilo and Stitch hands down- best price, best interactice characters and games, low key atmosphere, and of course, yummy food.

nvmom
12-29-2006, 09:54 AM
We enjoyed Goofy's kitchen a lot. This was last March. Be sure and book your priority seating ahead... we had dinner and got one of the first dinner time PS times. I worked well.

We also ate where Minnie now is (when it was the Princess Breakfast) and were pleased there too (one of the few that were.)

nvmom

babytmakes5
12-29-2006, 11:22 AM
We've done both character meals (Goofy's two years ago, and Minnie's just last month), and prefer Minnie's by far. The food was more "breakfasty" and we had nice interaction with the characters at Minnie and Friends. Most of the characters came directly to our table, and we had lots of oppurtunities for photos and autographes. I preferred the more traditional breakfast fare too--everything was delicious, actually. We ate breakfast at Goofy's, but found a lot of dishes offered were more lunch-time fare (like mini corn dogs and brownies). Also, we had to ask several times for characters to come to our table at Goofy's. It seems we were seated at a table that seemed out of the way to the characters, even though we felt like we were right in the middle of the commotion. At Minnie and Friends, our breakfast was much more relaxed, and my kids' favorite characters (Pooh, Tigger, Chip, Dale, Minnie, Captain Hook, Fairy Godmother, Eeyore) came right to our table without even asking. I'm sure you'll have fun no matter where you go, but Minnie and Friends is the character meal we preferred. Have a great time!

mousemom
12-29-2006, 08:37 PM
My kids love Goofy's but had even more fun at Lilo and Stitch. They had three different highly interactive activities with the characters at Lilo and Stitch and the kids loved it. As far as involvement with the characters I think that breakfast is the best of all. You know that Minnie is there also and we've always gotten plenty of time with her. This Christmas they had the yummiest gingerbread men also. Try to go early wherever you go and if you are ready to leave and haven't seen a particular character don't be afraid to ask you waiter for a quick visit. Our last waiter suggested catching Belle between tables, telling her we had missed her and have to go but could we get a quick picture and autograph. Worked great and we didn't feel like we were butting in on anyone. Have a great time!