PDA

View Full Version : Red Hot Chili Peppers Spice Up Disneyland Resort

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Alex S.
12-28-2006, 06:26 AM
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS SPICE UP DISNEYLAND RESORT

MUSIC FROM THE GRAMMY-NOMINATED GROUP AND SPECIAL EFFECTS CREATE ALL-NEW ROCKIN’ EXPERIENCES AT SPACE MOUNTAIN AND CALIFORNIA SCREAMIN’ FOR A LIMITED TIME

ANAHEIM, Calif. – Red Hot Chili Peppers, recently nominated for six Grammy awards, are red hot and their music will temporarily transform Space Mountain at Disneyland and California Screamin’ at Disney’s California Adventure into new rock n’ roll adventures. As part of the “Year of A Million Dreams” celebration at Disneyland Resort, rock fans’ dreams will come true as Rockin’ Both Parks provides new special effects and soundtracks specifically remixed to heighten every twist, turn, rise and drop of each thrilling attraction.

For a limited time (from January 3 through April 26, 2007), guests will experience Space Mountain like never before. The high-speed interstellar adventure, that has captivated Disneyland guests since the 1970s, will temporarily have an all-new twist. Rockin’ Space Mountain fans will find the attraction sporting new technology that features illuminated dancing rock fans, more than 200 lights brightening the track and a brand-new, customized soundtrack by Red Hot Chili Peppers. The band’s famous song, “Higher Ground,” which was a 1989 hit version of the Stevie Wonder original tune, will create an out-of-this-world rock adventure. Along with new technology and lighting, all systems are a go.

Riders of Rockin’ California Screamin’ at Disney’s California Adventure will also twist and turn to a new soundtrack. With a specially customized version of Red Hot Chili Peppers’s 1999 hit “Around the World,” guests will rock through the attraction’s 6,000 feet of track. The four-minute ride is the world’s longest steel looping roller coaster and takes guests from zero to 55 miles per hour in just four seconds.

Rockin’ Space Mountain and Rockin’ California Screamin’ are just some of the highlights of the “Year of a Million Dreams” celebration that began at Disneyland Resort in Southern California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida on October 1. For 15 months, Disney Parks are celebrating dreams coming true, making literally millions of dreams, large and small, come to life for eligible guests through the Disney Dreams Giveaway. Many money-can't-buy experiences—from exclusive Dream FASTPASSES for popular Disney attractions to around-the-world vacations or a stay in the special Mickey Mouse Penthouse at the Disneyland Hotel—are being awarded at random. In addition to the Disney Dreams Giveaway, guests are enjoying all new immersive entertainment experiences at the resort. At Disneyland Park, guests are meeting, playing and learning their royal ways with Disney Princesses at Disney Princess Fantasy Faire, dueling with Darth Vader at Jedi Training Academy and creating mayhem with Pirates in New Orleans Square. At Disney’s California Adventure Park, guests young and old are bopping to the beat and joining in the fun of the High School Musical Pep Rally. The Year of a Million Dreams celebration lasts through 2007.

stan4d_steph
12-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Sweet!

Andrew
12-28-2006, 09:49 AM
I can see the Chili Peppers in California Screamin'--they are a well-known LA local success. I'll reserve judgement on how their music works in Space.

Darkbeer
12-28-2006, 10:12 AM
Hopefully they will keep better track of the sound system on Screamin', lately you have about a 50/50 chance of getting music during the ride....

And it sounds like the light show on Space Mountain will be the same one offered last year during Rockin' Space Mountain during grad nites.

cstephens
12-28-2006, 11:33 AM
I still wish they'd give you the option of having no music at all. That's what I'd prefer.

ministrychick77
12-28-2006, 12:17 PM
that's cool... hubby and our friend will like it, cause there ain't no way i'm riding it...

IdahoMike
12-28-2006, 07:48 PM
The Peppers should definitely make an appearance when Rockin' debuts.....because I'll be there too! 3 more days and we are on the plane!

MouseWife
12-28-2006, 10:36 PM
The Peppers should definitely make an appearance when Rockin' debuts.....because I'll be there too! 3 more days and we are on the plane!

Agh!! I am so dying to know if they will be there. I love those guys. I won't ride either ride {other thread, motion sickness issues} but I totally support them.

Any news on if they might be there? I may be there that day and if they are I will make sure and prod the group along to be early.....:~D

I Heart Disneyland!
12-28-2006, 11:15 PM
I still wish they'd give you the option of having no music at all. That's what I'd prefer.

I would too!

mi_mous
12-28-2006, 11:42 PM
I am sooooooooooo going there to see this before it ends!!

YAY!

stan4d_steph
12-29-2006, 06:49 AM
I still wish they'd give you the option of having no music at all. That's what I'd prefer.There's always earplugs. Or stick your fingers in your ears.

Bytebear
12-29-2006, 03:08 PM
Why didn't they choose "Roller Coaster" as the song. Seems like a no-brainer.

MouseWife
12-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Why didn't they choose "Roller Coaster" as the song. Seems like a no-brainer.

Which the Peppers covered quite nicely. But, it was while Dave Navarro was with the band...wonder if that has something to do with it? If it has to be a song with the four current members? {from them}

Still no news if they are going to be there? :confused:

Darkbeer
12-30-2006, 07:28 AM
Rode Screamin' Friday afternoon to get Midway Mania photos (Single Rider so very little wait) and got one of the Green Trains... NO Music.

darph nader
12-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Sounds cool,but if they put in DCA,it would give a 'new' meaning to Californication.:eek:
Of course Disney would never play "Give it away"(?)

sixwoofys
12-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Wow. I saw those guys back in the early 80's at club Lingerie. Aren't they kind of, um....OLD!
Hello? Maybe they could do commercials for depends or something. I can see them coming out with their walkers...."Hi I'm you know, like Flea and uh...owwww" (Crash, Bang!), "I've fallen and I can't get up." (Maybe Higher Ground playing in the background, oh yeah they didn't write that one either).

Who's next The Pretenders? I can just see Chrissy (where's my teeth) Hynes.....Or Barbara Blue Hair Striesand.....

IdahoMike
12-31-2006, 06:48 AM
WDW uses Aerosmith music, and the RHCP are a lot more relevant, younger and more popular than Aerosmith these days. They had one of the biggest albums and songs of the year for 2006 as a matter of fact. Besides, there aren't really any "young" bands out there that play good rock & roll music, other than the Killers, and they aren't even that young. I think the Peppers are a fine choice.

rentayenta
12-31-2006, 06:53 AM
I love the Chili Peppers. I remember seeing them at the L.A. Street Scene about 20 years ago. :eek:

Great addition to Space!

vmjess
12-31-2006, 10:37 AM
I love it! The Peppers ROCK! Too bad I won't get back to DL until 2008- sigh that seems so far away.....

cstephens
12-31-2006, 10:41 AM
There's always earplugs. Or stick your fingers in your ears.

Because the reason I don't want music is that I like to hear the roar of the coaster as I'm on it. That won't help with the two solutions you posit.

MouseWife
12-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Wow. I saw those guys back in the early 80's at club Lingerie. Aren't they kind of, um....OLD!
Hello? Maybe they could do commercials for depends or something. I can see them coming out with their walkers...."Hi I'm you know, like Flea and uh...owwww" (Crash, Bang!), "I've fallen and I can't get up." (Maybe Higher Ground playing in the background, oh yeah they didn't write that one either).

Who's next The Pretenders? I can just see Chrissy (where's my teeth) Hynes.....Or Barbara Blue Hair Striesand.....

"Walkers? Depends? Where are my teeth and blue hair?"

They are 40 not 80!

So funny you knock them because of their age. They are more fit than so many people half their age.

They've been around since the '80s because they rock and have talent. Look for some of the bands around today in 20 years. You won't find them.

Your post is lame. If it is an attempt at humor, you have fallen and shouldn't get up.

sixwoofys
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
They are 40 not 80!
Your post is lame. If it is an attempt at humor, you have fallen and shouldn't get up.

What is "lame" is that Disneyland cannot identify any REAL talent and somehow feels they must resort this over-the-hill (NO TALENT) bunch of "when the going gets tough just do a cover" so-called band. I am embarrassed for Disney. These guys are pathetic. Oh yeah, and "lame" (at the same time).

I wasn't knocking "them" because of their age. It was Disney's programming that was knocked. Not surprised at your lack of ability to absorb that though - being such a big fan of theirs and all. I have teenagers and BELIEVE ME they have NO IDEA who these lame brain (luke warm) peppers are.

Shouldn't Disney at least "TRY" to appeal to young people? They used to.

Oh and by the way, did you know they smoke? That's right I've seen them with my own eyes. The only thing red hot about them is on the tip of their Marlboro's. Do you know how many kids these guys have hurt by that? Do you have ANY idea how many KIDS have been BURNED by people like them? Flea and his Pall Malls. It brings to mind a REAL kids hero who was killed by Pall Malls in 1966. Let's see who could that be? Hummmm. If he knew what was going on (in HIS park) he would roll over in his grave. Sad.

MouseWife
01-01-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh my gosh, they smoke? Well, as a parent isn't that your responsibility to raise your kids, not them?

They have quite a number of hits without having to resort to covers. I am surprised they were chosen, actually, since they have such a vast library. Perhaps that was so that older folk could connect while the younger folk could still rock?

If you weren't knocking them, that is hard to believe. Your comments were not directed at Disney but specifically at them.

I have no lack of ability to absorb anything. I have teens and they have friends. They all like different types of music, as do I. I KNOW the Peppers are hot now. I don't like them because they are, I wish they weren't. I don't go mainstream, I don't tend to follow the crowd. I wouldn't smoke if Flea handed me a cigarette.

Aw, heck, that is sure 'reaching' of you to bring up, uh, 'someone' who died of smoking. In 1966. {smoking has always been allowed in the park, didn't stop then and is still allowed now...what is your point?} How about all of the others who've died? I'm sure we all know a few.

Part of growing up is knowing right from wrong and making those decisions for yourself. So, no one that your children view/listen to/have in their lives smoke?

But that is neither here or there, their talent is and how it will be accepted. Obviously someone in power made these decisions and it was agreed upon.

They aren't my favorite band, by the way. But, they've been tops forever. They are as human as I am. They rock me.

*I can't get over how upset you are that Flea was smoking...sounds like you were at a show...and this is what you focused on?*

Squeaky
01-01-2007, 04:15 PM
... Perhaps that was so that older folk could connect while the younger folk could still rock?...
...I have teens and they have friends. They all like different types of music, as do I. I KNOW the Peppers are hot now....

I think it is completely awesome and a smart move to use RHCP. I am 21, and I've loved the Chili Peppers since I was 17 years old. I remember how excited my dad was when I was in my room listening to RHCP. He came in, listened for a sec, and said, "Nick, you like the Chili Peppers?" I told him I did, showed him the few albums I had, and he got really excited and told me how he loved the Chili Peppers too, and we sat talking for a good hour. That was a serious bonding moment with my dad, and there are very, very few of those in my memory. I think it's a really smart move to use the Chili Peppers, because they've been around, and it's something that (most) adults and teens can both relate too.

rentayenta
01-01-2007, 04:30 PM
I have no lack of ability to absorb anything. I have teens and they have friends. They all like different types of music, as do I. I KNOW the Peppers are hot now. I don't like them because they are, I wish they weren't. I don't go mainstream, I don't tend to follow the crowd. I wouldn't smoke if Flea handed me a cigarette.

I would especially if he was wearing his BVDs. ;)

Bold by me.