PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Disneyland/CA January 3rd and 4th

Kentenathien
12-27-2006, 11:08 AM
I've seen many sites saying that the park is extremely packed during Xmas UP TO New Years Day. They, however, don't make any mention as to the first week in January. I know the holiday stuff will still be up when I go but how packed do you think it will be on the 3rd and 4th?

Darkbeer
12-27-2006, 11:30 AM
Very Busy, many schools don't go back until January 8th, especially in the SoCal area, add to that the folks who stay after the Rose Bowl Game and Parade. Disney has extended hours for the week due to the expected crowds.

Also, last year the park was packed the first week of January.

And the first day of the new "Rockin' Both Parks" promotion is January 3rd, along with an expected Southern Californian Ticket offer.

The weather does have an effect, so if it rains, a lot of locals will stay away.

disneyhound
12-27-2006, 04:24 PM
We were at DL last year during the first week of January, and as Darkbeer said, it was crazy crowded. With all the schools still on winter break, expect lots of folks! But, we had never experienced the Christmas decorations and the attraction overlays at IASW & HMH before. We opted for the last five days of January 2007 for our annual DL vacation.

Look at my countdown ..v.. it is now under 30 days!!! :D

ministrychick77
12-27-2006, 10:02 PM
i'm going for one day on the 3rd, so i've seen that it's gonna be fairly busy. i know what we're gonna do is get to the park before it opens and leave after it closes.. and hit the busiest rides first thing in the morning. that, and use fast pass religiously. and hey, if it rains... it just drives people away. meaning less people in lines =P

Kentenathien
12-27-2006, 11:54 PM
If you see a really really tall and skinny white dude, mid-20's, wearing a white 49er hat, IT'S ME!! Feel free to say hi! :D