PDA

View Full Version : Mother's Day [crowds and events][merged]

LolaluvsBruno
12-26-2006, 09:24 PM
We are trying to put together a Mothers Day trip (Sat- Tue)
Does anyone know if they do anything special for the mothers?
How are the crowds?

Also I heard DL is doing some kind of event for POC 3 in May, does anyone know when that will be?

Thank you.

stan4d_steph
12-27-2006, 05:43 AM
The Disneyland Hotel has a special brunch buffet in their Grand Ballroom.

dsnyredhead
12-27-2006, 09:00 AM
In addition, they have typically had a big table at the entrance where a mom can pick up a white carnation to wear during her visit that day.

MinnieMomma
12-28-2006, 05:34 PM
Last year we spent 2 nights at GCH, had makeovers at Sephora (reservations required) and ate brunch at Catal. I'm hoping to repeat the experience this year. Great fun.

LolaluvsBruno
12-29-2006, 08:23 PM
How crowded was Disneyland last year on Mothers day?

PJTinkerbell
12-30-2006, 12:30 PM
We weren't there last year, but the year before. It was not unusually crowded. The day before (Saturday) was quite busy, but I expect most Saturdays to be. Sunday was better. They gave out carnation corsages to the ladies. It was nice to spend the day at my favorite place. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
12-30-2006, 12:49 PM
I've been at DL the last 2 Mother's days and it was fairly busy, but, not unbearable. They give a carnation to moms just as you pass the entrance gates. If you don't get there early, the carnations are gone, but, it's no big deal...I mean...it's a carnation! ha! I got a couple of cute Mom's day pins those days too. (Had to buy them, of course.) It was SO great being there on mom's day, for me. I think I may just try again this coming year.

LindaM
01-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Crowds were not too bad last year, I think the longest wait was 40 minutes and that was on Space Mountain.

yohomama212
01-15-2007, 04:19 PM
This is cool! Now that all the moms in our families (me, my mom, MIL, SILx2, and one niece) have passes, maybe we can work that out for all of us! Great idea!

Liz :cool:

montana
02-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Will the week between Mother's Day and the POC premier be busier then any other mid-weeks in May?? Also will there be long lines on Mother's Day?

stan4d_steph
02-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Will the week between Mother's Day and the POC premier be busier then any other mid-weeks in May?? Also will there be long lines on Mother's Day?Threads merged, see above.

montana
02-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Please advise me on what the brunch is like: food, cost, character interaction? And if it is worth doing instead of a tradional character meal? Thanks in advance for your help.

Bytebear
02-10-2007, 11:07 PM
I have done the Mother's day and the Easter brunch at the Disneyland hotel. Both are nice. They have several stations with different kinds of food. Omelette station, waffle station, fruit station, tons of desserts. The characters were on one side of the room with 4 areas for meet and greets. They would rotate characters in and out every half hour or so, and each station always had two characters, usually a princess and prince, or chip & Dale, Mickey and Minnie, Donald and Daisey, Goofy and Pluto. I believe sometimes they would have 4 characters kind of bunch up. There was usually a line of 3 or 4 people waiting at each area, but it seemed easy access. The characters did not mingle at the tables.

montana
02-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the info

cstephens
02-11-2007, 10:14 AM
Except for last year when we were out of town, we've been going to the Mother's Day brunch every year for a number of years now. Things have changed a little, and the service hasn't been as impeccable as it had been as when we'd first started going, but we still enjoy it. If you go to this link (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlrdining.html), and then scroll down the alphabetical list of reviews until you get to "Disneyland Hotel", you'll see three reviews I've posted of the brunch.

EvilQueen_76
05-08-2007, 08:17 AM
Does Disneyland do anything special for mother's on Mother's Day. I thought I remember reading that they gave out flowers last year!

smanrick51
05-08-2007, 08:27 AM
They certainly did! I had actually forgotten about that until you mentioned it. That could make convincing mom that Disneyland is where she wants to be on Mother's Day just a little bit easier!

kewlyloch
05-08-2007, 11:00 AM
I didn't know that! We are going to be there on Mother's day, so it would be cool if we got something!