PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gallery to significantly cut hours

Alex S.
12-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Just got some information and didn't want to wait a full week to get it into the park update, though we'll have more details by then.

After January 7th, the Disney Gallery will begin a new reduced operating schedule.

It will be closed altogether on Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Friday through Sunday it will open at noon and close two hours before the park (I think those may be the same hours as currently, not sure about the current closing time).

The merchandise may be changing as well, moving the logowear, reproductions, and art books to other stores and focusing on high end art (originals, limited edition prints, etc.) but don't know the details there.

No word on whether this will impact the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour or the gallery tours (which are only offered when the Gallery is open).

Hopefully this is just a temporary reduction in hours during the off season but that isn't known.

Trying to confirm this and get more informaiton so this is subject to change but this is what I'm pretty confident of.

DangerMouse
12-27-2006, 06:16 AM
Thank you so much for posting this. We will be there the 7th through the 9th, and now I know I must go to the Gallery on the 7th! I have never made it in there and that was the #1 thing I wanted to accomplish on this trip.

jcruise86
12-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Could this be a sign that Grier (SP? new D.land prez) intends to boost profits with "clever" cuts?
Whatever the reason: GRRRRRRRRR! BAD SHOW!

hlbtimes2
12-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the heads up. We are going in April, and we always spend some time in the gallery. We'll be sure to plan it for the weekend.

mmurray54
12-27-2006, 11:04 AM
They did the same thing in Sept. of 2004. The hours look to be identical. Take a look at this post (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=32092&highlight=Disney+Gallery+Schedule).