PDA

View Full Version : be patient this holiday season at the resort...

xsilverxstarsx
12-26-2006, 02:49 PM
as we all know, the holidays are the busiest at the disneyland resort. i am a cast member in the QSR (quick service resteraunt) department at the disneyland resort. i was lucky enough to get christmas eve off when most people in my department had to work both christmas eve and day. i had work the next day (christmas day) and i wasnt even aware it was going to be that busy. as i was leaving K lot on my way to harbor point, there was a marquee outside saying "disneyland tix sold out... DCA still available" and i knew that was trouble.

so with that said, it was really really busy and things were going really crazy, so here are some reminders to all who are eating at the resteraunts at the disneyland resort during the holiday season:

- if you are not patient, bring your own food to the park. i wish i could just snap my fingers and give you fresh food, but i cant. food takes time to prepare and when you have 3 feet of recipts of peoples food orders to prepare, its going to take a while.

-that last comment also goes with drinks. when you order your drinks, PLEASE be sure to tell the cashier that you want no ice, extra ice, etc, expecially when you have a really big drink order. drinks are harder to prepare than you think, so the drink people also have alot of recipts as well and when they have a large drink order of 6 cokes, 3 orange sodas, 7 salads, 2 sandwiches, and 2 hot chocolates, its going to take a while. and when the customer has recieved that order and says "i didnt want ice in any of the drinks" its going to take even longer and set the drink people back even more.

-please listen for your name. when we call your name 30 times and no one responds and they come 5 mins later and say i didnt hear you, thats a lie because we stand there and scream out the names waiting for someone to claim it, and then just because they werent paying attention, their food gets cold and they complain. so please, listen attentively.

-do not get frustrated with the people who bring you your food. they are not the ones who cook your order or make your drinks, they just hand you the food. it is not their fault that your order was wrong so please do not take it out on them.

do not get me wrong, i have come across some amazing wonderful guests this season. they were really polite, even if their order was wrong, they handled it the right way and i appriciate that so much. they appriciate that some of us had to work on both christmas eve and day and didnt get much time to spend with our families at all because we were trying to make their holiday as wonderful as possible, and i wish all could realize that. some guests have taken the time to thank us for our work and thats wonderful.

i love my job at disney, and i wouldnt rather work anywhere else, but please take into consideration this post and i would be very greatful. happy holidays everyone and maybe i will see you as i am working through out this holiday season.

Tressawad
12-26-2006, 03:00 PM
Wow! That is some dedication! Working on Christmas! Good thing you like your job. :)
Sure makes me REALLY grateful that we are going January 7-14! One of the slowest times at DL (or so I have heard). Since my kids are on year round school they are out until January 22nd. Perfect timing for a trip to DL. :)

Rkkm
12-26-2006, 09:19 PM
Thanks so much for "the other side" view! And for reminding us to be kind to those who work so hard to make the Disney magic for everyone. It is folks like you, who smile and work so hard, who make my trips to DL and CA such nice breaks from "reality." Hugs!

cynthia312
12-26-2006, 10:56 PM
i love my job at disney, and i wouldnt rather work anywhere else, but please take into consideration this post and i would be very greatful. happy holidays everyone and maybe i will see you as i am working through out this holiday season.Very well said!!! i would keep that in mind next time im eating at any food place at disneyland!! thanks!!

nightdesigns
12-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Remember too that 10 good comments can be ruined by 1 person's bad comment.

geoffa
12-27-2006, 07:23 AM
Surely the answer is that the person taking the order should ask customers "ice or no ice?" then there would be no confusion.

I love going in McDonalds and ordering medium coke - no ice, fries - no salt, Big Mac no pickle. That really throws the automatons!:)