PDA

View Full Version : Blast

mikala
05-25-2002, 09:02 AM
OK, so after all the rant and rave about it, we went. We got into BLAST with some time to spare.

Let me say it was awesome. Everyone's reviews were right on. Thanks very much for the insight, as that helped make it a must see. My sister, brother in law, and husband all loved it. It's nice to expose them to new stuff, after all we are tourists..lol

Thanks again.

Techie7
05-25-2002, 09:07 AM
Another happy guest. Gotta like a show that brings people out of a park saying, "That show made the trip."

Rallymonkey23
05-25-2002, 12:54 PM
And we have another satisfied customer!! Glad you liked it!

MammaSilva
05-25-2002, 01:34 PM
I can't wait until June to take my friends and the special needs troops to BLAST ...

cvc247
05-26-2002, 09:08 PM
i went to DCA 'cause everyone said Blast was great..i'm into music and some people were talking about a sexy babe in the show..(good combo..lol)..let me say this show was worth the price of getting in!..i saw it three times..the best seats are the first few rows in the first balcony..perfect view..i just wish it had one more song..but these people rocked that very nice theater..i hope they only make changes to the show in the future rather then getting rid of it all together..the best show at the Resort..

SoCalDisneyLover
05-27-2002, 08:06 AM
My friend and I saw the show on Saturday night and it was Fabulous! My question is whether each individual show is the same, or if they have different segments? Thanks. :-)

Uncle Dick
05-27-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by SoCalDisneyLover
My friend and I saw the show on Saturday night and it was Fabulous! My question is whether each individual show is the same, or if they have different segments? Thanks. :-)
Each showing of "The Power of BLAST!" in the Hyperion Theater features the same five segments, although there is a considerable amount of variation during certain numbers, especially "The Land of Make Believe."

BlastFanatic
05-27-2002, 05:36 PM
I haven't been to DCA in a long time and probably won't be there until school is out, but I was just wondering if The Power of Blast! is back to normal again (e.g. drum solos in battery battle, all percussion boxes filled during Land of Make Believe, Tympanis during Bolero, snare drummers in the aisle ways, etc.) Also did they stop doing the pre-show in front of the hollywood sign? I'm anxious to see some of the other songs from the actual show(color wheel, Everybody loves the blues, etc.)

DJ_MENTOS
05-28-2002, 07:38 AM
Blastfanatic------Blast! just received a new cast. A couple of the originals are there still. The drum battle is back, and the whole drum rack was full. all the percussion boxes seem to be filled, the Tympanis were there but I dont remember the snare drummers in the aisle. If you want to see the full-length feature of Blast, it will be at UCLA from August 21-September1st 2002.

Hope this helps,
DJ_MENTOS

WDWalways
05-28-2002, 10:01 AM
I am getting to see BLAST! for the first time next week but I wanted to know if there is any singing or is it all instrumental?? Thanks!:)

Rallymonkey23
05-28-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by WDWalways
I am getting to see BLAST! for the first time next week but I wanted to know if there is any singing or is it all instrumental?? Thanks!:)

It's all instrumental. ;)

DJ_MENTOS
05-28-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by WDWalways

However, the full length performance, coming August 21st thru Sept 1 at UCLA, does incorporate singing. They are pretty good too. If you have the chance, go see it live, or buy/rent the DVD of BLAST!

-DJ_MENTOS

Hyperboy
05-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Where's the cheapest place to get the DVD? At the DLR it is like 40 bucks!!!

I really love the Blast show. Fun music, and the guys are HOT. :D

MickeyD
05-28-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Hyperboy
Where's the cheapest place to get the DVD? At the DLR it is like 40 bucks!!!

My fiance (note- first time I put fiance in writing) got it at Best Buy for $20. :D

DJ_MENTOS
05-28-2002, 08:47 PM
Or you could go to half.com- http://half.ebay.com/cat/buy/prod.cgi?cpid=1056217466&domain_id=1877&meta_id=3

and get it for $17.50 (s&h included)