PDA

View Full Version : Admission to the parks on a blackout day

SJSman
12-25-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi all,

I'm planning on going to the park tomorrow with my family. The one problem is that I currently have a deluxe pass, which is blacked out until after the new year. Is there any discount given to those who buy a one day ticket on a black out day? Also, my pass expires on 1/1/07 and I'm contemplating renewing. Should I just renew tomorrow? Is there a discount if I renew?

One last question- How crowded will the parks be tomorrow? We're planning on getting there early so hopefully that will help.

Merry Christmas!
SJSman

JookyG
12-25-2006, 01:46 PM
I'll be facing this issue this week as well. It's my understanding that you can buy a blackout day ticket for $30 at any of the ticket booths, but you can only buy it on the day of use. As far as I know, there's no way to get it in advance and avoid standing in line at the booth.

As far as the crowds go, this is the absolute busiest week of the year, rivaled only by 4th of July. And tomorrow will be particularly crowded since it's Rose Bowl day. I believe the teams and fans will be there in the parks. Expect the Disneyland gates to close to new admissions in the early afternoon (DCA should be fine) all week, though they'll likely reopen later in the day as folks leave. And pray for rain!!! That'll clear the park like nobody's business.

Mermaid
12-25-2006, 03:08 PM
Yes, it is $30. If you happen to be upgrading to a premium, they may take the $30 off the upgrade if you do it that day. Not sure about that though!!

One thing to note that we didn't know- you have to pay for parking when visiting on a blacked out day. We pulled up to the garage and the guy said "It's a black out day." We said, "yeah, we are going to buy the tickets" thinking he was just giving us a heads up. He says, "soooo.... it's 10 dollars." Oops! LOL!!!

Malcon10t
12-25-2006, 10:58 PM
Darkbeer would know best, but I think it you renew that day at the park, you can enter on the blackout day. If not, you could buy a new pass that day, and it would still be $10 cheaper.

just beatla33
12-27-2006, 08:28 AM
Did you try just calling them and get a direct word?