PDA

View Full Version : Space Mountain Update

ZeonStar
12-24-2006, 07:36 PM
I heard they are updating SM with a new sound track and some effects. When is this suppose to be ready? I would love to read about these updates if anyone has a link.

Thanks!

JookyG
12-25-2006, 01:50 PM
Blech! They're turning it into Rockn Rollercoaster. I thought I heard it'll be turned on in the spring sometime.

But don't quote me on that. As you know, I've been out of the loop lately :D

aricbell
12-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Yes, it will become "Rockin' Space Mountain" as well as Screamin' will becoming "Rockin' Rollercoaster"...both of these experiences will only take place at night most likely beginning in Febuary.

Different lighting effects (mainly in the Vortex Tunnel i've heard) and soundtrack changes. I can't wait:fez:

Darkbeer
12-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Rockin' Space Mountain and Rockin California Screamin' both start at opening January 3rd, 2007 and will last thru April 26th, 2007. They will also be offered the ENTIRE operating day during the 4 months, not just in the evening.

Don't expect anything more than a different sound effect and a few lighting effect at Space Mountain.

Here is the official Press Release

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=61558

Rockin' Both Parks - Space Mountain at Disneyland and California Screamin’ at Disney’s California Adventure are getting new twists. For a limited time, beginning January 3, 2007, exciting new soundtracks and technology will temporarily transform each attraction into unique rock ‘n’roll experiences with music that will be custom choreographed to heighten the experience of every twist, turn and drop. Rockin’ Space Mountain will be a new experience in which rockets will launch guests through an out-of-this-world rock adventure thanks to the latest and greatest rock ‘n’ roll lighting and technology. Along with new technology and lighting, all systems are go. Riders of California Screamin’ at Disney’s California Adventure will also be treated – and bopping – to a new groovin’ soundtrack. On-board rock 'n roll music will be choreographed to every twist, turn and drop. With a ride track-turned-soundtrack, this is one experience guaranteed to rock guests visiting the Paradise Pier section of the park. The rock ‘n’ roll adventure will last until April 2007. (January-April 2007)

crrees
12-25-2006, 06:18 PM
Sounds like a rockin' good time

Having Rock'n Rollercoaster over here, it doesnt seem like these lightning affects arent going to really change what you have now

All I can do is taunt you DL fans :p :p We have the original Space Mountain :p :p :fez:

In all honesty I look foward to planning a DL trip to see the new space mountain, and if all they are adding is a new sound track and a few lighting affects to keep the ride fresh, then great

If they plan on turning it into Journey into imagination - good luck!

RStar
12-25-2006, 08:23 PM
I hear that switching over to the "Rockit" part at night was going to be too much of a problem. They would have had to shut down the ride durring the switch over, it just made no since.

I was there on Saturday (12/23) and the ride was down mid afternoon. I don't know what the problem was or if they got it back up.

JeffG
12-25-2006, 09:13 PM
All I can do is taunt you DL fans :p :p We have the original Space Mountain :p :p :fez:

That isn't much of a taunt, considering how completely and totally it shows its age...

-Jeff

cstephens
12-26-2006, 10:41 AM

I don't think "taunt" is the right word. More like..."lament".

We went on Orlando's Space when we were there in 1999. We're not going to bother wasting our time riding it again when we go back in January. The track isn't nearly as good as DL's Space, and then there's that whole moving-walkway-of-death at the end...

Tinkermommy
12-27-2006, 07:48 AM

True...but we have the original PARK!!! :p

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
12-27-2006, 08:05 AM
That isn't much of a taunt, considering how completely and totally it shows its age...

-Jeff

I agree Jeff, we got off the ride and looked at each other and said "well that's one ride we don't have to make time to ride again."