PDA

View Full Version : Closer to Finding Nemo - OC Register, 12/23/06

Darkbeer
12-23-2006, 09:06 AM
Today's Orange County Register is featuring the Finding Nemo Submarine Lagoon attraction. The Front Page main story is "Sneak peek at sub ride" with a drawing of Nemo. This story is not available at the web site, but states...

While the opening is still about six months off - Monday, June 11 is the current plan - Disneyland allowed a handful of journalists this week to get an advance peek at the construction site of the new Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage.

It also has a large graphic with some facts including...

The ride will be about 12 minutes long.

The Story line: The sub encounters Nemo - and faces a volcanic eruptions - and then follows the clown fish as he tries to rejoin his school of friends.

60 AA's will be used, and 36 fixed figures.

30 tons of crushed glass was used to paint 40 diffferent colors

7,000 artifical plant pieces

23,500 artificial coral pieces

2 seats were added to each sub to reach a new total of 40 guests per sub

Average speed of the subs, 1.36 MPH

Page 3 of the paper has two more stories, including this one

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister...le_1396602.php (http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1396602.php)

QuikQuote: The construction phase of Disneyland's submarine ride is about 75 percent to 80 percent complete, on track for reopening in June after a nine-year absence.
Workers are putting finishing touches on glass-speckled rocks, starfish molds and pliable coral and kelp in the lagoon. About 6.3 million gallons of water will be flowed in during the first week of January, Disney officials said during a sneak-peek tour Thursday

Disney Vault
12-24-2006, 11:02 AM
It's all so exciting.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Too bad I'm so claustrophobic I will never see it all! ha! The photos that people have posted of the construction are as close as I'll get to seeing the new Nemo ride!

Disney Vault
12-24-2006, 11:40 AM
Too bad I'm so claustrophobic I will never see it all! ha! The photos that people have posted of the construction are as close as I'll get to seeing the new Nemo ride!
You will be so mesmerized by the ride you will forget you are in a little sub. This looks like it is going to be a must see attraction.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-24-2006, 12:50 PM
You will be so mesmerized by the ride you will forget you are in a little sub. This looks like it is going to be a must see attraction.

Uh, don't think so! ha! I tried the old subs a few years before they shut down and I had to get out before we took off. :( I can't even ride Star Tours anymore. :(

futurecm21
12-24-2006, 01:43 PM
I really can't wait to go on the subs when they open, even though they will never be the same as the originals. Anyway does anyone know if the waterfalls will be used again? I imagine they will be, but then again I never really understood where they took the subs in the first place.
futurecm21

Disney Vault
12-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Uh, don't think so! ha! I tried the old subs a few years before they shut down and I had to get out before we took off. :( I can't even ride Star Tours anymore. :(
I wonder if you would be able to use the disabled viewing area. There is a building next to the subs where people will be able to watch a video version of the ride.