PDA

View Full Version : Dec 23, Today, at the Park!

pisces
12-23-2006, 07:34 AM
I'm here!

I made it.

Will be at the Resort ......a whopping NINE days !!!!!

(Not all at the same hotel, though)

Has anyone ever stayed that long?

I'm gonna get bored, I know it.

Maybe not.

Anyway, the Park looks like it's gonna be busy today.

At 7:00 am, the lines were already back behind the monorail for Early Entry.

Well, it is a Saturday, but still.

I'd have thought people would be out doing last minute Christmas Shopping.

BY THE WAY:

Never never never, check into the GCH on a Saturday.

You won't get the room you want, no matter how early you arrive.

I don't really care. I'm not gonna worry about it. I'm here, and I have a room, period.

That's all that matters.

Again, can't believe how early people get started around here.....on a Saturday!

This could be a very crowded Christmas Eve.

I don't even want to think about how I'm gonna deal with New Years Eve.

And, this could be the first NYE ....in 4 years....with NO rain. And, we know what that means.

Crazy4DL
12-23-2006, 08:17 AM
ENJOY!!!!

We were there 9 days in August . . . never got bored for a minute. :D

rentayenta
12-23-2006, 08:39 AM
Pisces- have a most magical trip. I look forward to your report and pics!

I Heart Disneyland!
12-23-2006, 11:37 AM
I've been for 10 days twice this year and never got bored!! Of course, some days we'd go to Santa Monica for part of the day, etc.

Have a wonderful time!!!!!!!

emmah
12-23-2006, 02:40 PM
we are looking forward to hearing all about your trip! i am off on my summer holiday in only five more sleeps, and will be at DL in 19 days... hurruh!!

Malcon10t
12-24-2006, 08:03 PM
We arrived yesterday also, for 12 days. We didn't enter the park til 630 last night, and thought the crowds were fairly light. Today, I was pleasantly shocked at how light it was. The stores in DTD were also almost vacant. Kids did Build a Bear and there were people in there. But the WOD was very UNcrowded, as was Marcelines. I was the ONLY customer in there for about 10 minutes. We will see how tomorrow goes. We have dinner ressies at Cafe Orleans, and will spend the day just wandering.

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Crazy4DL
12-24-2006, 09:19 PM

Merry Christmas to you all too!! :)

So neat to be there on Christmas day . . . only done the actually day once, 1989 but loved it.

Have a wonderful magical time all of you at DL for Christmas. :)

pisces
12-27-2006, 03:33 PM
We arrived yesterday also, for 12 days.

12 DAYS ?????

You're crazy!

Just kidding.

OK, so today's Dec 27th, and....I'm not bored---

But I am sick.

Yikes.

Came down with what seemed like a cold, on Christmas Day...but towards the end of the day.

Took bottles and bottles of Vitamin C....and....garlic (the tablets, though the cloves are good too).

And, and and.....those mega doses really reduce the symptoms. Granted I feel a mild congestion, but at least I'm not coughing over everyone like some of the kids in the Park.

I really have no outward symptoms, just inward, feel a bit congested and fatigued. I'm really trying to rest rest rest up for the big NYE. I don't know if I'll make that. I might be celebrating NYE at DCA this year. (Don't think I can stay in the Park from morning to Midnight without leaving...but we'll see how I feel.)

Sat out today (Dec. 27), ----anyway ----I'm trying to stretch an 8-Day Park Hopper all the way till Jan 1--- so I've not been in the Parks today, and might take Friday off, just enjoying my GCH View, and taking pictures of my in-room Christmas Tree.

By the way, you all will flip when you see the pictures of the Tree in the room----if they come out. So romantic, with the ornaments--that I added--- and the glowing sun as it hits the Sunwheel and Screaming through the window!

I have a lot to say about the in-room Christmas Tree, and about stuff that's gone on Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day...

(Who was it around here that said Christmas Eve is never crowded ????)

The Park was packed Christmas Eve---maybe not crazy crowded, like New Years and now....but they were still crowded Christmas Eve.

Plus, there was a fire drill at the GCH on Christmas Eve----I can't tell you the hassle and inconvenience of that....

Anyway, I'll have a thorough trip report soon, with spectacular pictures, (God-Willing they come out)

The Carolers put on one of the most fantastic, sublime Christmas Eve shows I've ever seen, and everyone in the GCH Lobby, just spontaneously joined in....I've never seen anything like it!

Happy New Year Everyone!