PDA

View Full Version : general & random questions about the parks

Terri
12-22-2006, 01:07 PM
Okay...I haven't been to the park since 5/05 and am now planning a march trip with my son. Back in 05, there was talk about the monsters inc ride coming to DCA. Now it sounds like it's a small kids ride...any opinions out there?

Bengal BarBQue...does it still exist?

Am I the only person who treats DCA as just another "land"? I tried - I really tried - to treat it as a special disney place, but I have never been able to get into it simply for itself. I've been around Disneyland since 1959 and am passionate about it - so I was willing to be excited about DCA. But I'm not. I really only like a couple of things there so we run over for a few hours and then we're right back at DL. I can see that they tried - there's a lot of possibility there, but... Does anyone know what the long term plans are for DCA or have the powers that be simply dropped it to focus on all the other Disney parks worldwide?

The fort on Tom Sawyer's island...is it open again?

have the lines for food service improved yet? During 2005 there was an issue with management/service, etc and the lines were horrendous. I remember standing at the hungry bear for over an hour during "off time" service. It was worse during peak time. So...has this been fixed yet?

Fireworks in March?

Castle restrooms completed?

Is the chocolate chip cookie still visible in space mountain? (someone has got to know what I'm talking about here!)

Are all the hat embroidery machines automatic now or do they still have some hand operated machines? (I used to be a hat embroiderer...both at Disneyland and Knott's back in the 70's)

I'm sure I'll think of more ;) but I'll leave you all to these!
thanks!
Terri

PanFan
12-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Okay...I haven't been to the park since 5/05 and am now planning a march trip with my son. Back in 05, there was talk about the monsters inc ride coming to DCA. Now it sounds like it's a small kids ride...any opinions out there?

Monsters is cute. I've been on it three times. I've never seen the movie, so it probably will make a lot more sense when I do. It's your typical dark ride, but the characters are more "realistic" (as far as monsters can be) than the ones in FL. Sully looks just like the atmosphere character.

Bengal BarBQue...does it still exist?

Yes, as of last Wednesday. I haven't heard any imminent plans of its closing (they were put on hold, but I'm not sure for how long).

The fort on Tom Sawyer's island...is it open again?

No. That's why we had to take a sad team photo in front of it for MouseAdventure.

Is the chocolate chip cookie still visible in space mountain? (someone has got to know what I'm talking about here!)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought me and my sister were the only ones who called them that! We would always point and scream "COOKIE!!" whenever one flew by. Alas, when it reopened last year, the first thing I noticed was the lack of giant chocolate chip cookies to point and shout at :crying: It wasn't even until the second time I noticed they took out the giant red ball in the middle and changed the soundtrack! It is darker now and the images on the walls protray more realistic flying space objects, but I do terribly miss the cookies. Sometimes I shout out "COOKIE!!" just for old times sake.

I know this didn't answer all your questions, but hopefully it helps some.

Terri
12-22-2006, 02:32 PM
:p
I'm just glad someone knows about the cookie!
We would always point it out to each other and then argue whether or not it was an actual picture of a "chips ahoy"!
;) ah...high school days in the way back machine!

emmah
12-23-2006, 02:45 PM
"The fort on Tom Sawyer's island...is it open again?"

note that the island will be closed on your visit - closes jan 15 through mid may for a pirates make-over.

"Are all the hat embroidery machines automatic now or do they still have some hand operated machines?"

I believe that they are now all automatic.

:)

Terri
12-26-2006, 11:31 AM
thanks! I guess I won't be spending anytime on the island! It's one of my favorite places in the park...very relaxing...

DisneyFanKat
12-26-2006, 03:40 PM
Hahaha - I miss the cookie too! :D

Park Freak
12-26-2006, 04:02 PM
My sister and I thought we were the only ones that called it the " chocolate chip cookie."
I guess we are all a bunch of :geek: :geek: :geek: 's :D