PDA

View Full Version : Arriving at LAX at 9pm - SuperShuttle or taxi?

hawaiimom
12-22-2006, 10:20 AM
Sorry if this question has been answered before. I'm arriving at 9pm and staying at the Disneyland Hotel. There are 2 adults and 2 kids under 3 in our group with 3 suitcases and a double stroller. At that time of the night, should we do the Super Shuttle or take a taxi? Are my kids charged on the super shuttle?

ScottDisneyFan
12-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Sorry if this question has been answered before. I'm arriving at 9pm and staying at the Disneyland Hotel. There are 2 adults and 2 kids under 3 in our group with 3 suitcases and a double stroller. At that time of the night, should we do the Super Shuttle or take a taxi? Are my kids charged on the super shuttle?

I believe that kids are charged on a Super Shuttle...when you get to LAX, there is a transportation booth that can give you rates for each. There are a lot of ways to get to Disneyland.

I used to regularly travel from LAX to Orange County on Super Shuttle and it cost me around 50 dollars..however, I just ran a quote.

http://www.supershuttle.com/FareQuotes/(rbmsc055bfb2jeve41m0cbmk)/Rates.aspx

Shared van is 15 dollars for first guest and 15 for each additional.

For 92.00 you get a private van.

A taxi is charged by the mile and time so with traffic (although usually light at 9pm may be different for holiday) it might be more.

I rented a car for 20 dollars a day last time and it came to like 80 dollars total, round trip.

Darkbeer
12-22-2006, 11:02 AM
My preference, the Disneyland Express Airport Bus Service.

http://www.airportbus.com/

$25 a person round trip, $17 for a child one way with the coupon at the link above.

The bus goes straight to the Disneyland Hotel, comfy, and relaxing, and NO stops unlike the Shuttle Vans.

ScottDisneyFan
12-22-2006, 11:07 AM
My preference, the Disneyland Express Airport Bus Service.

http://www.airportbus.com/

$25 a person round trip, $17 for a child one way with the coupon at the link above.

The bus goes straight to the Disneyland Hotel, comfy, and relaxing, and NO stops unlike the Shuttle Vans.

That sounds much better than the Super Shuttle

hawaiimom
12-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Awesome, thanks!

Wendi
12-22-2006, 08:10 PM
I would definitely choose Super Shuttle. It is $15 for adults, and your kids will be FREE. Much better deal than anything else IMO. It's smaller than the Airport Bus, so you'll make fewer stops, and it's a heck of a lot cheaper than a cab. If your trip is short, it might actually be cheaper to rent a car. I usually get a rental car from the LAX Enterprise for $12/day. Just compare that to $60 + tip for roundtrips on SS for two adults and see if you come out ahead... there isn't an extra charge for parking at DLH, but it would be a factor at some hotels to think about too.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-22-2006, 11:35 PM
SuperShuttle vote here!

Darkbeer
12-23-2006, 09:15 AM
It's smaller than the Airport Bus, so you'll make fewer stops.

Note, the Airport Bus goes NON-Stop from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel.

With the Super Shuttle, there is a good chance you will make a couple of stops prior to arriving at the Disneyland Hotel.

Wendi
12-23-2006, 02:08 PM
Note, the Airport Bus goes NON-Stop from LAX to the Disneyland Hotel.

With the Super Shuttle, there is a good chance you will make a couple of stops prior to arriving at the Disneyland Hotel.

Oops, I didn't know that. Thanks for the clarification DB! So, is that just the first stop it makes, or does it drop everyone off there?