PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Food Locations Health Safety Report

chrisaustx
12-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Someone had posted this on another board, I found it interesting that the Orange County Health Dept. is visiting Disneyland often and finding lots of rat activity in the food locations. The source of this information is the Orange County Health Dept. The reports for: Club 33, French Market, Plaza Inn and Ariel's Grotto are espeically bad as of 10 days ago Village Haus had mice/rats:
http://foodinspections.ocgov.com/foodinspections/fac.aspx?facid=FA0000732&agency=OCH&violsortfield=TB_CORE_INSPECTION_VIOL.ENTERED_BY&violsortorder=desc

potterphreak
12-21-2006, 12:20 PM
<gag>

stan4d_steph
12-21-2006, 12:21 PM
The report doesn't say specifically rats, it says vermin/animals. It also is a minor violation, meaning "signs of vermin activity found in non-food handling areas. Non-food handling areas include: janitorial areas, dumpster areas, rear entrance areas, restrooms and change rooms."

It's nice that they provide this information for the public. It probably helps to pressure more businesses to maintain clean facilities.

ScottDisneyFan
12-21-2006, 12:28 PM
Hey...of course one could expect to see a mouse when at Disneyland, and you don't even have to pay extra for the character breakfast!

Bolivar
12-21-2006, 01:07 PM
I feel relatively confident in saying that the kitchen of everyone on this board would fail a health inspection should they be required to have one. I don't mean to say that we all keep dirty kitchens just that the standards are very high, much higher than we keep at home.

Malcon10t
12-21-2006, 01:23 PM
I feel relatively confident in saying that the kitchen of everyone on this board would fail a health inspection should they be required to have one. I don't mean to say that we all keep dirty kitchens just that the standards are very high, much higher than we keep at home.I totally agree. And signs of vermin is extremely common in any restaurant. The standards the restaurants are held to are very high. They do not inspect Disneyland restaurants any more than they do other locations. They basically have a rotation and unless they get red tagged, the rotation is followed. The link is handy as you can put in other locations so you can compare Disneyland to others.

futurecm21
12-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Well I never like to see any good restaurants nailed with health violations, but as it has been said before the standards are extremely high. One section of a report on Club 33 that stood out at me was about the facility not being fully enclosed, with doors left open. Come on, how does that make a restaurant any less sanitary? I have several friends who are professional chefs, and they have all agreed with me in the past, that there are some useless categories, and its very, very easy to be nailed for the slightest infractions.
futurecm21

ScottDisneyFan
12-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Well I never like to see any good restaurants nailed with health violations, but as it has been said before the standards are extremely high. One section of a report on Club 33 that stood out at me was about the facility not being fully enclosed, with doors left open. Come on, how does that make a restaurant any less sanitary? I have several friends who are professional chefs, and they have all agreed with me in the past, that there are some useless categories, and its very, very easy to be nailed for the slightest infractions.
futurecm21

Well the same for Blue Bayou...of course it is not fully enclosed...half of it has people travelling down a flume to see some pirates...of the carribean sort.

The old man
12-21-2006, 02:19 PM
In San Diego, and LA, we use a A, B, C rating system that must be posted at the entrance. Though not a guarantee you only want to eat at A restaurants. I have eaten at B's but they usually get up to an A on the next inspection. C's are--runaway!

Dom262
12-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Well I never like to see any good restaurants nailed with health violations, but as it has been said before the standards are extremely high. One section of a report on Club 33 that stood out at me was about the facility not being fully enclosed, with doors left open. Come on, how does that make a restaurant any less sanitary?
futurecm21

The problem with the restaurant not being fully enclosed is flies and other flying insects.

momuvseven
12-21-2006, 06:28 PM
I read a few of these and didn't see anything horrible at our favorite places.

I grew up across the street from a feed co-op and grain elevators. We always had mice and rats in our house. Part of our regular routine to check the traps in the kitchen each morning and dispose of our trophies. :eek:

I daresay many of us live in close proximity to rodents and aren't even aware of it.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-21-2006, 07:25 PM
I personally have seen rats racing around. Ick. BUT...it was in the fruit stand in by Jungle Cruise, I am sure there are a load of rats in that water area. Eww!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-21-2006, 07:56 PM
Why oh why do I read this stuff???
Did anyone see the major violation for the French Market?

cstephens
12-23-2006, 04:24 PM
In San Diego, and LA, we use a A, B, C rating system that must be posted at the entrance. Though not a guarantee you only want to eat at A restaurants.

I have no problem eating at certain restaurants that maintain a B rating. There are some things for which restaurants get dinged that I don't care about and that to me, don't make the restaurant any less sanitary. You just have to know the restaurant really well.

futurecm21
12-23-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm still in the process of reading the French Market report, but I noticed the section on food temperatures and thermometers. Lucky, for Disneyland this is a minor violation. I work in South Dakota in the summer and its a state law there that lack of proper food storage or thermometer availability will get you shut down imediately.
futurecm21

Darkbeer
12-23-2006, 06:47 PM
The report doesn't say specifically rats, it says vermin/animals. It also is a minor violation, meaning "signs of vermin activity found in non-food handling areas. Non-food handling areas include: janitorial areas, dumpster areas, rear entrance areas, restrooms and change rooms."

It's nice that they provide this information for the public. It probably helps to pressure more businesses to maintain clean facilities.

From the Club 33 Health Dept. report on August 16th, 2006...

http://foodinspections.ocgov.com/foodinspections/insp.aspx?record_id=PR0020487&agency=OCH&violsortfield=TB_CORE_INSPECTION_VIOL.ENTERED_BY&violsortorder=desc

Rodent Activity in a Critical Area

This was also a RED violation, as in MAJOR problem... the details of the violation....

AA18 - Major Violation Rodent Activity in a Critical Area
This subcategory is marked if indication of rodent activity is observed in food preparation areas, dishwashing areas, or cooking areas. Rodent activities include fresh droppings, gnaw marks, nesting, or other signs of live rodents. This violation may result in closure of the facility.
Examples:
· Several rat droppings were observed on the food preparation table.
· A live mouse was observed in the food storage room.
· Fresh mice droppings were observed underneath the cooking equipment.

Darkbeer
12-23-2006, 06:55 PM
And where is the "Wheelhouse"?

Sounds like the Health Department is impressed with this location...

http://foodinspections.ocgov.com/foodinspections/insp.aspx?record_id=PR0011981&agency=OCH&violsortfield=TB_CORE_INSPECTION_VIOL.ENTERED_BY&violsortorder=desc

No violations on November 30th of 2006, and was given an Award of Excellence in both 2004 and 2005.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-23-2006, 07:01 PM
From the Club 33 Health Dept. report on August 16th, 2006...

http://foodinspections.ocgov.com/foodinspections/insp.aspx?record_id=PR0020487&agency=OCH&violsortfield=TB_CORE_INSPECTION_VIOL.ENTERED_BY&violsortorder=desc

This was also a RED violation, as in MAJOR problem... the details of the violation....

[/COLOR][/LEFT]

Well, our party of 6 ate there and did just fine! Hopefully it was chicken I had. ;)