PDA

View Full Version : Seeing people you know at Disneyland

Pages : [1] 2 3

dgthx
05-29-2001, 06:02 PM
What's the most amount of people you know that you've run into at Disneyland in one day?

One day, I ran into 3 different groups of people (7 total) and my girlfriend ran into another two. Nine different people! Weird day.

PirateoftheCaribbean
05-29-2001, 07:09 PM
I ran into a group of twelve people I knew one day. I am and was living in Boise, ID. so do they. It was really weird that we would all be traveling so far to the same place and didn't even know beforehand. Weird!:p ;)

MagicBeliever
05-30-2001, 10:48 AM
Last summer, ran into two groups of people we know in Disneyland... we live in Nevada, so it was surprising.

rob
05-30-2001, 10:51 AM
Other than MP people. I ran into 8 people I knew during the Star Tours opening.

Ralph Wiggum
05-30-2001, 02:55 PM
IT was when I was in band in high school. A bunch of people i knew decided to pay to get in cause they heard we were performing in the parade.:D I saw like 40 people i knew

KevAct1
06-03-2001, 08:50 AM
One day, when my school had a day off a couple of my friends and I went to DL. There were five of us. While we were there, we ran into another group of four people. That's 9. Then, we decided to be in the Parade of the Stars. On the parade rout we saw a group of six that we knew; 15 people. Another group of 2 - 17. And finally a group of 8. That's 25 of us! Yikes!

Napsto
06-03-2001, 09:02 AM
i hardly ever see people i know, let alone a group of 8.

tabacco
06-03-2001, 11:07 AM
I've never once run into someone I know :)

Morrigoon
06-03-2001, 01:49 PM
Well, since I ran around with the MP crowd, I'd have to say umm.... 50. At least 40 the night the subs closed.

Time was, I could usually find at least 5 people I knew hanging out by Rod at Coke Corner, but some of those people have disappeared (sigh), I suppose I've "disappeared" myself.

Okay, now I'm getting depressed.

Lani
06-04-2001, 08:43 AM
Sitting at the Wonderbra Theater waiting for the Pirates of the Caribbean panel presentation to start, I think we must have recognized (and said hi to) a few dozen folks, at least. It was weird... it felt like a high school reunion or something. "Oh hi! I haven't seen you in so long... Mwa! Mwa!"

pacomama
06-05-2001, 12:25 PM
How about this one:

My father, who is now in his mid-50's and an upstanding citizen, had gotten into a little trouble as a youth in Oregon. He was on probation when he and his co-troublemaker friend decided to go to Disneyland for the weekend even though they were not supposed to leave the county.

Feeling pretty good, they walked through the main gates only to see the one person they had wanted to avoid at all costs: Their parole officer on vacation with his family.

"What are you boys doing here?" After some stammering, they wiggled out of trouble, stayed the weekend, then went back home to Oregon the next day.

Talk about a coincidence. I always laugh when my dad tells that story.

goodbunny
06-06-2001, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by KevAct1
Then, we decided to be in the Parade of the Stars.

Call me incredibly out of the loop, but how does one decide to be in the Parade of Stars? I always assumed the selection of guest performers was some completely random thing. Please enlighten me... how does it really work?

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 02:42 AM
I used to live about 4 hours from Disneyland, so it's pretty odd to see people I know. I do recall three incidences in particular.

1) Several years ago, my family ran into some people they knew from about 10 years back. It was weird seeing everyone all their kids all grown up and stuff.

2) A couple years ago, the families of two separate friends of my sister and my own family all ran into each other by chance. That was kind of weird.

3) The day after Thanksgiving last year I was walking along the (crowded!) Main Entry Plaza when I saw some chick I recognized from high school. She waved at me and I just gave her a really weird look and that was all. I understand that another one of my high school buddies was there that day as well, but I didn't get to see him.

Oh yeah, and I saw Al once, walking down Main Street, but then I don't really know him. ;)

Mouse
02-07-2002, 01:51 PM
Thread digging? Any good ones?

Uncle Dick
02-07-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Mouse
Thread digging? Any good ones?

Naw, I'm just trying to inflate my post count. ;)

hbquikcomjamesl
02-07-2002, 02:37 PM
One time, I met some people I used to work with. On another occasion, I bumped into a figure skater I've known for years, somebody who'd made a name for herself by entering every "spotlight" event in sight, and doing lots of cornball stuff, usually set to something by Weird Al Yankovic.

And of course, I regularly encounter a few people I don't know by name, but simply as Coke Corner regulars, usually when Rod is playing.

bandboy1985
02-07-2002, 07:02 PM
last summer, when i was down for vacation, i went with a few of my friends, and we had just had lunch at tomorrowland terrace, and were walking down through the matterhorn transition area when i literally bumped into this woman next to me as i passed by. it was the lady who owns the dance studio i attend. she asked me if i'd been practicing my elevator fuetes. she asked me to show her. i did. oh jeez- wierd looks (but with applause) from people eating lunch...that was crazy; although certainly not the first time i've danced there, post-competition, we'd actually stuff our shoes into our pockets and change inside the park, throw our shoes at one person who felt tired, and dance in an out-of-the-way area, like east and west streets on main street (the flower market one, usually). so crazy- it was wierd, but totally fin in the oddest way!

supercarrie
02-09-2002, 02:12 PM
Every time I go on weekends I see people from school that I know - most of my friends have APs.

Last night was one of the strangest people I have seen at DL- we got on the Jungle Cruise, and our CM was someone who graduated from our HS last year, and we have known since middle school. He saw us and was like...didn't we go to school together? We were never friends with him but he used to say hi to us all the time...

Ace
02-09-2002, 08:28 PM
I can't say that I have seen people I know... I saw 7 people I knew at 6 flags on Christmas eve, though.

dsnyredhead
02-09-2002, 09:21 PM
About a year or two ago, I could not go to Disneyland on a sunday without seeing almost a dozen people I knew. Nowadays, I can go to the park and spend a whole day and maybe see two or three people.

MammaSilva
02-09-2002, 09:37 PM
It seems that we bump into someone we know at least once each trip, once it was our insurance agent, another time it was one of my brothers "troops" on leave at the same time he was....another time it was some distant cousins we hadn't seen/talked to in ages, we didn't recognize them but they recognized us (we are a bit "older" than they are) back when we used to take the Special Olympians after the summer games at UCLA we tended to run into other groups from the games that we knew...but that all ended when the state got split into two chapters.... :(

Uncle Dick
02-09-2002, 11:18 PM
I just remembered. A couple years ago, my dad saw a friend of his in front of the Disneyland entrance. Evidently, the guy was in town for a dentist's convention and decided to drop by. Thought that was interesting...

Not Afraid
02-09-2002, 11:24 PM
I never know when I'll run into someone I know but, fortunately, it doesn't happen very often.

Friday, it was my old boss and his family, sometimes its MP people. The funniest was hearing someone yell my name while we were participating in the parade. Without breaking character, I turned, smiled and waved directly at the guy who was another manager at my former company. He must've thought "so this is what she's doing now...":D

Nigel2
02-09-2002, 11:26 PM
Well I ususaly go with some friends, but I rarely see someone I know there, then again I go during the days so that kills your chances usually.

FEJ
02-09-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Not Afraid
I never know when I'll run into someone I know but, fortunately, it doesn't happen very often.

Friday, it was my old boss and his family, sometimes its MP people. The funniest was hearing someone yell my name while we were participating in the parade. Without breaking character, I turned, smiled and waved directly at the guy who was another manager at my former company. He must've thought "so this is what she's doing now...":D

Not afraid is is amazed due to the fact that almost every time I have met her and Cemeinke at the park , I also run into someone I know.

Do cast members count?

We are started to get recognized by CM's also...