PDA

View Full Version : Innoventions popularity?

Pages : [1] 2

lagunachadling
12-20-2006, 02:37 PM
How many of you really like Innoventions, or feel that it is time for a more exciting attraction?

Bolivar
12-20-2006, 02:41 PM
I don't like it at all, but it does suck some people in and therefore out of the rest of the park. So if the alternative is an empty building, I vote to have Innoventions.

DalOwnerx3
12-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Is innoventions in the carousel building in tomorrow land? I liked the old "America Sings" attraction. It does suck people in and out of the rest of the park. Last time I was in, it took me about 10 minutes to find my way back out again.

lagunachadling
12-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Is innoventions in the carousel building in tomorrow land?

Yes

jeffthechef
12-20-2006, 02:48 PM
I went in last week and it had been about 15 years since my last visit to Innovations. I'll probably wait another 15 after what I saw.

I will say, however, ASIMO and Stitch were interesting.

DisneylandForever
12-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Innoventions sucks.

or feel that it is time for a more exciting attraction?

Me. More exciting. Less exciting. Just something else.

emmah
12-20-2006, 03:05 PM
I went inside on my last visit and have to say i won't be going again anytime soon - i thought it was pretty boring. and quite difficult to get out of! however, as others have said, it was full of people who would otherwise have been clogging up the other attractions, so it is performing a valuable function.

Rapunzelthorn
12-20-2006, 03:08 PM
I haven't been it for a number of years. I never went back after my initial visit!

What is ASIMO?

jeffthechef
12-20-2006, 03:25 PM
What is ASIMO?

ASIMO is Honda's latest fully functional robot. Among other things, it can climb and descend stairs.

DangerMouse
12-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I've been in there once, and it was enough. However, I've read that you can see ASIMO and talk to Stitch in there. I missed both those things. Is it worth going back?

lagunachadling
12-20-2006, 03:36 PM
I don't know? All I know is that I am bored when I go in, and want out very fast......they need to bring a new attraction to this place, and get rid of the cheap exhibits that you can go online and do.

disney jones
12-20-2006, 03:39 PM
sounds like an oxymoron.

Tinkermommy
12-20-2006, 03:48 PM
I love it!

I have a 10-year-old, and we go in nearly every trip. It's a great place to cool off, warm up, get out of the rain, and just goof off. There is a lot of fun stuff to explore.

We especially enjoy signing onto separate computers to play VMK together, sending e-cards to our friends, playing the video games, and playing with the virtual aquariums.

I guess it's just a question of what one likes doing!

CamCay
12-20-2006, 03:59 PM
My eleven year old has to go in every time we are there. ASIMO was really neat to see, but my husband and I usually use the time to just sit down and relax, out of the sun (or rain), and take a break. As an attraction, it has a limited audience. Difficult to navigate your way out of as well. Do any of you escape during the first part, rather than sit through the whole boring presentation? I feel bad for the CM but let me roam! VMK we can play at home, same with the video game type things. My daughter (8) loves the dance floor that plays music and lights up when you jump on the square. That's about it. Big space and unique building to turn into something else. I think it's time though.

tikiking
12-20-2006, 04:25 PM
Count my family among those very non-plussed with this one. We went during our most recent trip this past November (only because Saturday night was unbelievably crowded everywhere else), and couldn't believe the naked corporate shilling permeating everything.

While it may be performing a service by removing some of the teeming hordes from the rest of the park, you can only imagine how much better this function would be performed by a GOOD ride. Seriously, that's a lot of space that could be much better utilized.

IMHO, of course. ;)

TENORDRUMMER
12-20-2006, 05:00 PM
I say get rid of it entirely. To me, it is an absolute waste of space. Creat a unique Disney attraction or bring back either COP (the original show) or America Sings. If they were brought back, trust me, they would do good attendance wise, with the new generations that never got to experience it when we did.

DisneyPrincessCat
12-20-2006, 06:08 PM
Time for something new or a return of a nostalgic old favorite, Carousel of Progress, America Sings or something completely new and innovative and FUN and most important,VERY, VERY Disney themed!!!!!! We go into Innoventions everytime we go to DL and then remember ,oh we have seen all this before and it really isn't a ride or very Disney themed so we leave pretty quickly. Put something in that will draw crowds back to Tomorrow land which really has not done a whole lot of anything really great for awhile. Bring back the skyway and the peoplemover and definitely Inner Space!!!!!!
sues:geek:

ScottDisneyFan
12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
maybe they should just get it over with and add a loop...or give it a pirate theme

I Heart Disneyland!
12-20-2006, 08:32 PM
I NEVER set foot in the building when I'm at DL.

chrisaustx
12-20-2006, 08:39 PM
I went to innoventions today to take photos of the landscape crew working on the monorail/submarine station. I was confronted outside of the exit upstairs by two contract Disneyland survey people. Disney hired an outside survey company to ask guests what they think about innoventions. I told them it sucks, that its stale and something better should replace it. So TDA hired some people to take surveys about the place, this might be a sign that something new might be coming. The old Compaq pda's from 1998 hanging from the ceiling downstairs have to go.
chrisaustx.smugmug.com

r-we-there-yet
12-21-2006, 01:55 AM
I had to take my wife to a nice dinner after convincing her that it can't be all that bad. Boy, was I wrong. Anytime we get into fights about Disneyland, she always seems to bring that up.
:rolleyes:

hbquikcomjamesl
12-21-2006, 08:53 AM
It's a good place to escape the heat of a summer day. Otherwise, I only go in if I've heard of some new exhibit therein.

I'd personally love to see CoP back in its original home (perhaps with the better parts of Innoventions concentrated on the second floor).

futurecm21
12-21-2006, 09:28 AM
You are all crazy!!, your wanting to get rid of one of the only attractions still in existance that makes EPCOT somewhat similar to what it was supposed to stand for in the first place. In case some of you in your haste to amuse yourselves rather than enjoy our gift from Walt Disney, have forgotten that EPCOT used to be an acronym it is the Experimental Prototype Community of Tommorow. And lets see, you've gotten rid of horizons, virtually killed the living seas by making a dark ride based off of Finding Nemo, Journey into Imagination was remodeled until it could not be changed anymore and was scrapped, and as much as I love Test Track, I always have to ask myself, was it worth getting rid of the World of Motion? Sometimes my answer is yes, but more often I sigh and say no, no way. I couldn't care less if they take out Inoventions in Tommorowland at Disneyland, but for goodness sakes people show some respect and leave it in futureworld where it belongs.:mad: :mad: :) Sorry guys, I guess I'm a little frustrated today, anyway the point is I love Inoventions, and my brother loves it more than I do, he would spend our whole vacation there if he got the chance, I am strongly opposed to taking it out.
futurecm21

ScottDisneyFan
12-21-2006, 09:40 AM
You are all crazy!!, your wanting to get rid of one of the only attractions still in existance that makes EPCOT somewhat similar to what it was supposed to stand for in the first place. In case some of you in your haste to amuse yourselves rather than enjoy our gift from Walt Disney, have forgotten that EPCOT used to be an acronym it is the Experimental Prototype Community of Tommorow. And lets see, you've gotten rid of horizons, virtually killed the living seas by making a dark ride based off of Finding Nemo, Journey into Imagination was remodeled until it could not be changed anymore and was scrapped, and as much as I love Test Track, I always have to ask myself, was it worth getting rid of the World of Motion? Sometimes my answer is yes, but more often I sigh and say no, no way. I couldn't care less if they take out Inoventions in Tommorowland at Disneyland, but for goodness sakes people show some respect and leave it in futureworld where it belongs.:mad: :mad: :) Sorry guys, I guess I'm a little frustrated today, anyway the point is I love Inoventions, and my brother loves it more than I do, he would spend our whole vacation there if he got the chance, I am strongly opposed to taking it out.
futurecm21

I actually believe this thread is refering to the Disneyland Innoventions...regardless, they should add a loop

hbquikcomjamesl
12-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Indeed. The biggest problem with DL Innoventions is that it DOESN'T live up to Epcot's original.