PDA

View Full Version : New Matterhorn restraints?

lagunachadling
12-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I see that there is talk about new restraints on the Matterhorn sleds. Does anyone have any information on what type, or how the restraints will work? The only thing that I can think of would be the restraints similar to Space Mountain Florida.

just beatla33
12-20-2006, 01:48 PM
castmemebers will be riding with you holding you in. Crazy, I know

ScottDisneyFan
12-20-2006, 01:51 PM
castmemebers will be riding with you holding you in. Crazy, I know

Are the cast members immune to gravity during the loop?

futurecm21
12-20-2006, 02:21 PM
Your all insane! LOL:) :) Anyway I think, that the installation of a new restraint system was pushed back a little, but I could deffinately be wrong. I am not 100 percent certain.
futurecm21

MammaSilva
12-20-2006, 02:24 PM
As of the latest refurb the restraints are the same seat/lap belts that I've been using since the ride opened!

Disney Vault
12-21-2006, 07:51 PM
The rumor is that the ride could be getting all new vehicles next year not just new restraints.

disneyhound
12-22-2006, 08:15 AM
The new sleds will be fitted with a clear plastic canopy, then before departure, the canopy is closed, and "packing peanuts" fill up any void left inside. No belts are needed! Just make sure you press your face against the inside of the canopy, so you will be able to see out. This new innovation will allow folks with back and neck problems to once again enjoy the attraction. ;)

ScottDisneyFan
12-22-2006, 08:20 AM
The new sleds will be fitted with a clear plastic canopy, then before departure, the canopy is closed, and "packing peanuts" fill up any void left inside. No belts are needed! Just make sure you press your face against the inside of the canopy, so you will be able to see out. This new innovation will allow folks with back and neck problems to once again enjoy the attraction. ;)

The Matterhorn Bobsleds: Sponsored by FedEx

Darkbeer
12-22-2006, 09:29 AM
Oh goodie, a ride like the Mali-Boomer.. I just LOVE those plastic Scream Shields.....:rolleyes:

Disney Vault
12-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Oh goodie, a ride like the Mali-Boomer.. I just LOVE those plastic Scream Shields.....:rolleyes:
When were those added? Did people complain so Disney had to add them because I don't remember them being their when the park first opened. I too hate those things.

sierranevada
12-22-2006, 10:16 PM

Scream Shields... I thought they were shields from something else!!!

disneyhound
12-23-2006, 05:00 AM
Scream Shields... I thought they were shields from something else!!!

I think the offical DL Imagineer term is "toss your cookies shield"...

Darkbeer
12-23-2006, 09:13 AM
I think the offical DL Imagineer term is "toss your cookies shield"...

They are OFFICIALLY Scream shields, the same reason that Screamin's has the "half" tunnels, they are designed to keep sound from bothering the neighbors.

Bolivar
12-23-2006, 09:31 AM
An airport is build outside of town in the middle of nowhere so that no one is bothered by the sound and then urban sprawl gets out to the airport and everyone complains that it is loud at the house they just bought right next to the airport. The house was cheap because it was right next to the airport, if you don't want noise don't buy next to the airport!

I don't really know, but I assume the same could be said of Disneyland.

Disney Vault
12-24-2006, 11:01 AM
An airport is build outside of town in the middle of nowhere so that no one is bothered by the sound and then urban sprawl gets out to the airport and everyone complains that it is loud at the house they just bought right next to the airport. The house was cheap because it was right next to the airport, if you don't want noise don't buy next to the airport!

I don't really know, but I assume the same could be said of Disneyland.
So true. People drive me crazy:|

Durliin
12-27-2006, 07:47 AM
I saw the mock up vehicle backstage at the paint shop and like all the new vehicles they make... no leg room. 3 rows per car with a lap bar.

tigga please
12-27-2006, 10:04 AM
has anyone noticed a smoother ride with the latest refurb? do you think new restraints are really needed? im all for new restraints that will keep me from banging around, but if you've ridden beat up coaster tracks (i.e. - KONG at Marine World), you know the restraints can make it worse. OUCH

Drince88
12-27-2006, 03:53 PM
I saw the mock up vehicle backstage at the paint shop and like all the new vehicles they make... no leg room. 3 rows per car with a lap bar.
The ride vehicles at Space Mountain in WDW were previously like the Matterhorn ones, and then switched to this basic configuration. There is somewhat adequate leg room, because you can put your feet alongside the person in front of you still, with the way they did those. It is still a bit of a tight squeeze, though.

Durliin
12-27-2006, 05:04 PM
It looks nothing like the Space mountain rockets in WDW. It still looks like the same bobsled but each car is divided into 3 small seats and a wierd lapbar

Bytebear
12-27-2006, 08:06 PM
Actually the restraints have been changed. The buckle used to be an airline style buckle where you lift the clip to unlatch. The new buckle is a car style buckle with a button that unlatches it.

raediance
12-28-2006, 12:26 PM
I see that there is talk about new restraints on the Matterhorn sleds. Does anyone have any information on what type, or how the restraints will work? The only thing that I can think of would be the restraints similar to Space Mountain Florida.
i don't remember a change of restraint when i went on a couple of days ago. but then again I only went on twice before the new one.

dznyphreak
12-28-2006, 08:01 PM
Bytebear is entirely right...I saw them on Monday.

tigga please, I thought the ride felt smoother. Not really less bumpy-you still get jostled from side to side as usual, but you seem to glide more, like the metal is smoother.