PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds on Harbor

animalx
12-19-2006, 08:21 PM
I stayed at the Hojo a couple of weeks ago and would always stop by the Mcdonalds . I thought they had a dollar menu but never saw it posted until i saw the big fridge/freezer on the side which is tall enough to hide it:( . Everyone was ordering all the expensive meals and so did i till is saw it hidden. They sure are SNEAKY. I knew one of Snow Whites Dwarfs got loose. Check it out

landj
12-19-2006, 08:27 PM
I didn't know they had one till the boys in front of me were wondering where it was & they finally spied in in the corner "hiding".

mickeyxminnie
12-19-2006, 09:19 PM
whats the dollar menu? sounds like something that will be saving me money when im there?

MiaTurner
12-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that happened to us on our last school trip too. (I'm sure they were happy to make a busload of teenagers pay more than they had to for breakfast.)

They tried to charge me more for a hash brown since the dollar menu wasn't around, but knowing it was on there, I told them I wanted it off the dollar menu and it changed her tune pretty quick.

Opus1guy
12-19-2006, 11:27 PM
whats the dollar menu? sounds like something that will be saving me money when im there?

It's a menu that just points out all of the cheaper things at McDonalds that are $1 each. See:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/fun/dollar.html

:)

This Harbor Blvd McDonalds is also one of only a very few in the area that doesn't have WiFi. :(

tod
12-20-2006, 12:43 AM
This Harbor Blvd McDonalds is also one of only a very few in the area that doesn't have WiFi. :(

Stop me if you've heard this before:

Never, ever eat at McDonald's, Denny's or IHOP on Harbor. They are awful. Go to McDonald's at Ball and Anaheim, Denny's on Euclid, IHOP... there are a couple, depends on where you're coming from.

--t

PAPACITO
12-20-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that happened to us on our last school trip too. (I'm sure they were happy to make a busload of teenagers pay more than they had to for breakfast.)

They tried to charge me more for a hash brown since the dollar menu wasn't around, but knowing it was on there, I told them I wanted it off the dollar menu and it changed her tune pretty quick.

You can just you the WiFi signal from one of the nearby hotels.

Bytebear
12-20-2006, 07:14 PM
Never, ever eat at McDonald's, Denny's or IHOP on Harbor. They are awful. Go to McDonald's at Ball and Anaheim, Denny's on Euclid, IHOP... there are a couple, depends on where you're coming from.

I would much rather eat at Mimi's or Tortilla Joe's in Downtown Disney. I did have an urge for pancakes so IHOP fit the bill. I won't eat at McDonald's ever, but I want to keep my arteries clear. I would recommend Wendy's and get the salad instead of fries. Much more healthy, and their salad is the best fast food version I have found.

tod
12-20-2006, 09:46 PM
I would much rather eat at Mimi's or Tortilla Joe's in Downtown Disney. I did have an urge for pancakes so IHOP fit the bill. I won't eat at McDonald's ever, but I want to keep my arteries clear. I would recommend Wendy's and get the salad instead of fries. Much more healthy, and their salad is the best fast food version I have found.

I was making a different point: If you want McDonald's, Denny's or IHOP, the ones on Harbor are not good choices.

If you want to go elsewhere... That's another point, one that you are discussing.

--t

Alex S.
12-25-2006, 08:01 AM
I've never had food from the McDonald's that was any different than any other McDonald's I've ever been too but I agree that the IHOP and Denny's are among the worst (primarily in service) you'll ever experience.

tod
12-25-2006, 08:33 AM
I've never had food from the McDonald's that was any different than any other McDonald's I've ever been too...

Oh, yeah, the problem(s) with this McDonald's are mostly hygiene in the eating areas and the massive congestion of rude, pushy and downright nasty customers.

The food and drink are on a par with other McDonald's worldwide. Even if they do hide the dollar menu.

--t

Alex S.
12-25-2006, 06:15 PM
Fair enough. I don't think I've ever actually eaten in there since the only reason I'd be there in the first place is that I am staying in one of the surrounding hotels.

AaronInCal
12-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Not to mention all those places on Harbor right across from Disneyland are way more expensive! Denny's especially is way overpriced. If only those people from the hotels knew you could go to another one around the corner and get the same stuff much cheaper.

tod
12-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Not to mention all those places on Harbor right across from Disneyland are way more expensive! Denny's especially is way overpriced. If only those people from the hotels knew you could go to another one around the corner and get the same stuff much cheaper.

The Denny's on Katella is just as bad. Go to the one on Euclid.

--t

jcruise86
12-26-2006, 08:16 AM
Although it is very popular and should be avoided at meal times, the McD's on Harbor is my favorite McDonald's. (That's actually not saying much.) I haven't been there in a year though.

I concur with the MiMi's thumbs up. It's next to Millie's and--from what I've read--Millie's is to be avoided. My obnoxious, embarrassing way to keep them straight: who likes Mimi's? Me! Me! They have a health menu, but you have to ask for it. (Not all the waiters seem to have heard of it.) They've always been happy about letting me substitute items, and they've been nice about my messy toddler.

I encountered some poor people (sad!) and one drugged out teen (also sad!) begging for money as I walked on Harbor on a recent trip.

MiaTurner
12-27-2006, 05:38 PM
I like that McDonalds for the simple fact that you can see the Matterhorn from the back tables ;)

Tinkermommy
12-27-2006, 07:47 PM
It's a menu that just points out all of the cheaper things at McDonalds that are $1 each. See:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/fun/dollar.html(

They must really want to keep it secret! Here's what I got when I clicked the link:

Requested File Not Found

Whooops... the Web page you requested could not be found on the McDonald's Web Site.

We have recently updated our site, please check your links and bookmarks and update them accordingly, just one character off can prompt a "Requested File Not Found" message.

:eek:

Alex S.
12-28-2006, 06:50 AM
This page (http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/features/dollar.html) has a really unhelpful presentment of the Dollar Menu.

lisap
12-28-2006, 07:29 AM
This page (http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/eat/features/dollar.html) has a really unhelpful presentment of the Dollar Menu.

That's just annoying. Who would spend five minutes hunting around that page for the dollar items.

Oh, wait.....
:rolleyes:

There are eight items, btw.;)

Malcon10t
12-28-2006, 11:43 AM
We go to the Harbor McDs, usually I just send my son and he brings food back. Never had a problem with getting the dollar menu prices. The drive thru dollar menu is very clear (I personally have never been inside, we either do drive thru or we send the kids for "bring back"...)

raediance
01-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Is that the McDonald's with the Dippin' Dots? Or no?

animalx
01-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Ya , the one with Dip N Dots

animalx
01-06-2007, 09:42 PM
It's not the point about not getting the dollar menu prices . It's just that they hide the menu so people don't know about it. YOINKS