PDA

View Full Version : Costco travel

rentayenta
12-19-2006, 05:11 PM
I have been trying to book a room for DL through Costco travel. I finally called because no matter what dates I put in I got the no rooms available message. I had been trying to book a room for 7 nights. When I called the customer rep. said that as of November of this year any trip booked through them has to be for 4 nights or less. I asked why the change and he had no idea. When I went back and put in my desired dates minus 3 nights it worked fine.

Just thought I would let anyone know who books or is thinking of booking with Costco.

ETA: And they are still offering the free character breakfast, $20 gc, and MTM tickets.

rentayenta
12-20-2006, 11:10 AM
I must be the only one who books through Costco. ;) I have been pricing different scenarios like mad and will let you all know what I come up with.

Please share anything you all find too.

JosieGirl71
12-20-2006, 12:19 PM
When I was pricing our vacation, I found that Costco was the same price as WDTC but offered the free character breakfast and gift card. Only problem is that they don't have as large of a selection of hotels to choose from (i.e. no CCI). :(

rentayenta
12-21-2006, 10:29 AM
When I was pricing our vacation, I found that Costco was the same price as WDTC but offered the free character breakfast and gift card. Only problem is that they don't have as large of a selection of hotels to choose from (i.e. no CCI). :(

I haven't done WDTC, I will have to check them out. I have read so mnay great things about the CCI- do you have their web addy?

DangerMouse
12-21-2006, 10:39 AM
I haven't done WDTC, I will have to check them out. I have read so mnay great things about the CCI- do you have their web addy?

Jenny, here's the CCI website: http://candycaneinn.net/

JosieGirl71
12-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Jenny, here's the CCI website: http://candycaneinn.net/
Oh, you beat me to it. ;)

Ruthie says they are the best so we had to try it out!

rentayenta
12-21-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks DangerMouse!

Shannen, have you stayed there yet? How was it?

JosieGirl71
12-21-2006, 12:43 PM
Shannen, have you stayed there yet? How was it?
I haven't stayed there yet but everyone seems to love it. We aren't going until June. The only place we have stayed is Hojo's and although Hojo's isn't anything special, we had a large room with a great view and the staff are the best. However, we wanted something a little nicer this time around and the free private shuttle is nice too. ;)

I just wish CCI was available through Costco because I really want to do a character breakfast. I can't justify spending that much money when I am the only one who wants to do it (we have teenagers who could give a rip less about it) but if it was free, who are they to argue?! :D

rentayenta
12-21-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, that character breakfast is a big selling point. What are your June dates? I am hoping to in late April and December.

JosieGirl71
12-21-2006, 08:27 PM
We will get there June 17th. We are going with my SIL and her family. My youngest nephew is only 6 so I can't wait to see DL through his eyes. :)

hlbtimes2
12-21-2006, 09:39 PM
I wanted to book thru costco, but since I couldnt book for CCI, I just went with Disney travel. The breakfast wasn't worth switching hotels. We love the CCI. We considered Hojos, but since its the same distance with out the shuttle and free cont. breakfast, why switch?

DangerMouse
12-22-2006, 06:43 AM
We considered Hojos, but since its the same distance with out the shuttle and free cont. breakfast, why switch?

$54 Entertainment Rate! :D :p

hlbtimes2
12-22-2006, 08:57 AM

But then I would have lost the Alaska Air kids fly free. That saved us about $300. Plus the daily breakfast at the CCI, which saves us about $30-$40 per day. Over 7 days that really adds up.

rentayenta
12-22-2006, 01:50 PM

That's an incredible rate!

Katlovett
12-22-2006, 05:04 PM

How do you get that amazing rate? I come up with a MUCH higher rate when I check the HoJo site through mousesavers, travelocity, etc.

Katprint

DangerMouse
12-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Call HoJo Anaheim and ask if they have an Entertainment rate available for your dates of stay. If they do, then you will need to purchase an Entertainment book.

www.entertainment.com

The book can be purchased for your area, doesn't have to be the Anaheim book. The $54 is for a deluxe room. Premium rooms go for $69, I think. They might ask for the Entertainment card (found in the front cover of the book) at checkout. However, I have never been asked to show mine (but always have it just in case).

HTH!

rentayenta
12-22-2006, 06:12 PM
Call HoJo Anaheim and ask if they have an Entertainment rate available for your dates of stay. If they do, then you will need to purchase an Entertainment book.

www.entertainment.com

The book can be purchased for your area, doesn't have to be the Anaheim book. The $54 is for a deluxe room. Premium rooms go for $69, I think. They might ask for the Entertainment card (found in the front cover of the book) at checkout. However, I have never been asked to show mine (but always have it just in case).

HTH!

Do they hold the rate for you and then you show them the book upon arrival?

DangerMouse
12-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Do they hold the rate for you and then you show them the book upon arrival?

Yes, you don't need proof when you make the ressie, only when you check-out, and then you only need the card that is included in the book, not the book itself. (Although, the 5-6 times I have stayed there, they have never once asked to see my card).

HTH!