PDA

View Full Version : BLAST! Question

LIMANDL4EVA
05-24-2002, 12:28 PM
I know that the drummer solo (or sometimes dueling drummers) after Bolero is not on the CD for BLAST!. BUt anyho, does anybody know the name of that segemnt of the show, the one also with the drums that come down from the ceiling and the drummers all start drumming in synchrinization (SPELLING?). I really like that music and I wanted to know the name of the segment. Thanks Guys!

Uncle Dick
05-24-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
I know that the drummer solo (or sometimes dueling drummers) after Bolero is not on the CD for BLAST!. BUt anyho, does anybody know the name of that segemnt of the show, the one also with the drums that come down from the ceiling and the drummers all start drumming in synchrinization (SPELLING?). I really like that music and I wanted to know the name of the segment. Thanks Guys!
I believe the whole thing is referred to as the "Battery Battle".

LIMANDL4EVA
05-24-2002, 12:49 PM
THANKS!
But is that just for when they are dueling or when it is a solo?

Uncle Dick
05-24-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by LIMANDL4EVA
THANKS!
But is that just for when they are dueling or when it is a solo?
I'm not entirely sure, but since it's all one big segment, I don't see why different parts of it should have different names.

Rallymonkey23
05-24-2002, 04:14 PM
And dont forget.... The dueling drummers are back!

corrinhorn
05-24-2002, 05:24 PM
It is battery Battle, an awesome segment, and it is all one big thing, It is on the DVD...a very worthwhile purchase, though I haven't seen much of the DVD on account of my friends borrowing it all the time. (thankfully I saw it two summers ago on PBS:D )

BlastFanatic
05-24-2002, 09:29 PM
And dont forget.... The dueling drummers are back!

Are you Serious???? I thought I read on a previous thread that the main drummer guy was leaving by the end of this month or something...(can someone correct me on this...too lazy to check right now :D ) So, if it isn't the same guys as before, who does the solos now?

ldsguy
06-03-2002, 09:06 AM
I don't know the names of the guy, but yes the main drummer is levaing, I believe today is his last day, either that or yesterday was......anyway, he is no longer doing it, but there are two new guys doing it and they work really well together, not as good as our orignal two, but hey, it still works.