PDA

View Full Version : Someone in Disneyland Event Planning is Nuts...

Niwel
12-15-2006, 10:25 AM
I'm so confused as to why DL "overbooks"

Example:
Last Saturday (dec. 9) the park looked like it does the week between Xmas and New Years because several radio stations gave out hundreds of parkhoppers due to an evening concert at DCA (why do this on Saturday)?

On New Years Eve... another radio station is giving away tickets for an evening concert in DCA... add that to the typical NYE crowds at Disneyland PLUS a Goo Goo Dolls concert at the House of Blues and it looks like you'll have to park a zipcode away.

just beatla33
12-15-2006, 10:29 AM
people attend to cancell, its all abotu $$$

dsnyredhead
12-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I avoid NYE. It just means don't go on those days.

Califgirl
12-15-2006, 03:59 PM
I wondered why the parks were so busy last Saturday. I did see the tents and such for the radio station, but had no idea what was going on.

MiaTurner
12-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Well I don't know many people crazy enough to go on New Year's at least :eek: But that does seem weird; it's going to be crazy busy.

Our school was there the DAY before they were filming their christmas parade to be shown on christmas day. (Cameras everywhere, cast members running back and forth frantically; it was great!) I was really bummed to hear that Hannah Montana was going to be singing the next day. (My favorite singer ever!!) But I heard it was busy like you wouldn't believe. I can only imagine what two concerts on NEW YEARS would be like.

I don't think I WANNA know... *hides*

AaronInCal
12-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Well aside from the fact that it rained last New Year's Eve, DCA was pretty dead that night. So I am guessing giving away tickets to the park that night for fireworks and "special effects" (as they keep promoting on KIBIG 104.3 for the ticktet giveaway) is to be sure there is a decent amount of people in that park for that night.