PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Parking

SoCalDisneyLover
05-24-2002, 09:46 AM
I might be staying at the Anaheim Marriott tonight, and they charge $12/Car overnight parking. We may have 2 cars. My question is whether there is a place close by where it would be safe to leave a car, without having to pay an extra $24 to park the two cars at night.

Disneyland would tow my car from their lot I assume, since they say it's only for hotel guests. I imagine they have a way of knowing whether this applies to a particular car or not. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Do they have parking restrictions on all the streets within a few blocks of the park, or might I be able to take advantage of that? Thanks. :-) David

kranders
05-24-2002, 11:00 AM
At the Disneyland Hotel they give you a ticket when you go in, then when you register at the hotel they give you a parking pass to get out without charge(they charge a $6/night "resort fee" that includes parking and using the gym, pool, etc). There are no passes or stickers left in the car so they would have no idea if the car belonged to a guest or not so you wouldn't get towed. I have no idea what they would charge you on the way out, though. $12/car/night does sound a little steep!

tabacco
05-24-2002, 11:32 PM
Secret sources tell me that it's okay to park in Mickey and Friends for up to 3 days (although of course if you leave after the first day you'll have to pay to re-enter). I don't know if this is true, but Uncle Dick can probably (dis)prove it :)

Nigel2
05-24-2002, 11:45 PM
Or if you are really good and they still do this...
On weekday mornings (usually arround or before 7 am) the exit gate for the hotel near the Marina Tower is left open with no attendant.:D

Uncle Dick
05-25-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by tabacco
Secret sources tell me that it's okay to park in Mickey and Friends for up to 3 days (although of course if you leave after the first day you'll have to pay to re-enter). I don't know if this is true, but Uncle Dick can probably (dis)prove it :)
I really don't know. Past 3 am, it's all security chillin' out in the parking areas, so it's up to their discretion. Be advised that the fine print on your parking ticket does say "Any other vehicles [besides Resort hotel guests] parked overnight may be towed at the owner's expense." Also be advised that when the structure opens up in the morning, I've never seen any guest vehicles parked on any of the levels. Take that for what you will. :)

SoCalDisneyLover
05-25-2002, 10:07 PM
We just parked our cars a couple of blocks away from the Marriott in another hotel's parking lot. We thought it was ridiculous to pay $12/Car when we had just paid $50 for the hotel room, which was a great deal. Plus we just took the hotel shuttle, so in-out privileges were unimportant.

I was not about to chance getting towed from Disneyland parking lot. What a happy memory that would be. Although I do recall seeing somewhere that overnight parking is allowed for Resort hotel guests. Not sure if they include Mickey & Friends, but somehow I think it was. Maybe it says that on the ticket, I'll have to look. However...of course the Disney hotels have their own service charge for overnight parking. It's really all about the Caysh. Through a little extra walking inconvenience though, my friend and I saved $24.

Nigel2
05-25-2002, 10:12 PM
Well hopefully they wont get towed from the other hotel lot.:D

Lani
05-27-2002, 10:11 AM
Two thoughts:

1. You need to be careful when planning your travel. Hotels may incur hidden fees that are not obvious. For example, if you plan on making phone calls from your room, does the hotel provide free local calls? If not, you may end up paying upwards of $2.00 per call, which can get expensive. They may not offer a free continental breakfast, so you may end up paying $15 to $30 for breakfast (depending on the size of your party). The parking fee falls under this nasty category. What's the use of getting a great deal for a hotel when you have to spend 20% of the room rate paying to park your car?

2. I have stayed in many motels within walking distance of the park, and half of them give me a parking pass to place on my dashboard. The other half make me fill out a form at registration that identifies my car, so they know my car belongs to a guest. If you choose to park at another hotel's lot, be aware that you are risking the potential of getting it towed. Also, if you sustain some damage or get your car broken into, you may have a harder case with your insurance company and the hotel because you were parked there inappropriately. Just know your risks first.

And unless you are a slave to Marriott frequent guest points, you might want to check next time to see if the hotel you want to stay at doesn't charge for parking.