PDA

View Full Version : First timers trip on NYE

Malcon10t
12-14-2006, 08:53 PM
OK, I love Disneyland during the week between Christmas and NYE, but we have been doing Disney since my kids were infants. We take the park at our own pace, and even just wander around some days without even going on a ride. This year our trip was planned per our normal time frame. BUT, my oldest has a new girlfriend. She (and her family) are from the Ukraine and have never been to Disneyland. One night her family was talking and commented how it was her youngest sis' birthday and what to do, so she pipes up with Lets go to Disneyland. She planned it all so she could see my son for NYE. They arrive on the 30th at 5 and depart at 2 on the 1st. That leaves them to see Disneyland and DCA on the 30-31. Since we have ressies on the 31, we can't even try to do DCA (unless it rains.) I've told her she is absolutely nuts. DL at NYE is not a trip for a first timer. The trip is all paid for so no way to change their minds. Suggestions for how to assist them on this. My mind is just boggled. If they had been before, it wouldn't be an issue, but they have never been, and this will probably turn them off.

disneyroxxx
12-14-2006, 11:29 PM
I suggest getting a DL guide book for them, such as Birnbaum's. Theyre usually for first-timers, and help you plan your day when you know it will be crowded. Dont talk too much about how great it is, or their expectations will be a lot higher than what it will be like on NYE. I just say go with the flow, and hopefully everything will work out fine.