PDA

View Full Version : Another Crazy but Wonderful trip to Disneyland!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Crazy4DL
12-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Not sure if I can remember enough details of this trip to do an actual trip report but I will try since I always enjoy other's trip reports so much. The pictures we took will help. :)

Originally the Crazies going on this trip were just my dh and I and the three older grandsons. We were planning on flying down. (all mostly a dream at that point) Then as things in our house do a lot, plans changed. One thing leads to another and soon my DD and DIL#1 and two more grandkids were coming and we were driving. About an hour before we left our oldest son decided to grab the last spot available in the two cars we were taking. It ended up being DS#1, DIL#1, DD and DH and I and DGS#1 (8), GS#2 (6), DGS#3 (5), DGD#1 (3) and DGS#4 (2) ~ 10 total, 5 adults and 5 kids.

We had planned to leave middle of the night, Dec 5th after my DD got off work but she got so excited she found someone to cover her shift at work and we left WA about 7 pm, Monday evening the 4th. The moon was out that night and it just seemed so magical driving down the Columbia Gorge with Christmas decorations out on houses and stores and the moon lighting our way and the excitement of knowing we were heading to DL filling the cars.

Oh, an added note . . . MammaSilva also sent all the little Crazy crew and Papa their very own blankies for the trip (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbuWrNmxZt6G&notag=1). I was spoiled with one with my boyfriend, Capt Jack on it. No wonder I was so happy the entire trip. :~D ;)

Twenty plus hours later, DGS#4 having an upset tummy about half way down, we arrived at the CCI around 4 the afternoon of the 5th. The pool and hot tub felt pretty good to the gang. (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbuWrNmxZt6k&notag=1):)

I have to give MammaSilva and Adriennek a big thank you about right here, I called MS to give her an update on our where abouts as we traveled down the I5 and we realized it would be much cheaper to buy the extra ticket we needed since DS had joined us – online. So with MS talking to me and Ak on the computer I gave them the credit card info and they got everything set up for that ticket and even printed out the confirmation and took it to the CCI for us. A HUGE thank you to two awesome MPers from the Crazy crew!

After our swim and settling into the rooms, etc we walked over to DTD just in time to see the fireworks as we crossed the escalade on our way to ESPN Zone for dinner. It was a magical moment. Dinner was extra yummy that evening. We got back to the hotel and fell into bed and off to dream Disneyland in the morning. :D

junglemom
12-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Keep it coming! I love it so far!

MammaSilva
12-13-2006, 03:26 PM
Woot a trip report!!!!!! Love It!

Crazy4DL
12-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Day One at Disneyland:

We were up, had breakfast and at the gates by opening that morning (9 am). Picked up our two “free with our Disney Visa” strollers and hopped in line.

We made it through the gates with big silly grins on our faces and tried to do our usual family photo in front of the Mickey flowers. It is always quite the feat with our crew as you can see from a few of our pictures.

We stopped and DD and DIL got their APs. I see more trips in my future. :D The kids checked out the cannon and fire truck while we waited. The Christmas tree and decorations are breathtaking.

Our first ride this trip was PoTC. DGS#4 was not too sure about the ride but the rest of us always love it. My boyfriend looked as handsome as ever.

Stopped by and rode HMH and loved it. We didn’t remember the Christmas version being so bright. It was great.

Off to do Splash a few times, with a couple of rounds of Pooh for the tiny ones. We stopped in the Critter Corner (not sure if the right name) store for cookies for everyone.

Made our way back to the NOS train station and made a trip around DL on the train. Our little man, DGS#4 loves trains so that was a big hit with him.

Stopped and tried (notice a lot a trying this trip on the picture thing with the kids!) to get some pictures of the kids in the Courtyard of the Angels. They were not having it and wanted to keep moving so off we went. Found a pirate and stopped to visit for a bit.

DGS#2 and 3 both were tall enough for their first ride on Indy so they along with their moms, papa and DGS#1 road Indy. They all loved it ~ other than Papa getting his bones shook to pieces. DS and I took the two little ones on the Jungle Cruise and had a so so skipper. (later in the trip we had Larry and he was great)

If I remember correctly we did a BTMRR run after that. I stayed off with the two little ones and snapped some photos of them just playing.

The Mark Twain (sorry - better fix that name before someone pops me one) was about to pull out then so we all hopped aboard and enjoyed a fun trip.

Lunch was PSs at Café Orleans that day. Monte Cristo was yummy as always. Can’t remember what everyone had but I do know we all really enjoyed the fries there.

After lunch it was off to DCA for a few hours. We rode GRR (with ponchos and me with my feet up praying not to get wet) and a few other rides. DH and I went back to the CCI for an hour or so. The rest of the gang did rides and saw some characters before we all met back up at the big “C”.

Back to DL we went for a few more rides. Got caught in the parade traffic for a bit but then made our way to IASW. After a few rides we made our way over to Main Street to watch fireworks which of course, were beautiful.
If I recall correctly I had my first taste of a turkey leg that evening. Pretty darn good. We headed back to get to bed as soon as DL closed that evening.

Tomorrow is “blue Cinderella” day and we meet Margaret (MammaSilva) and Missy!! Yippie!

Pictures from Day one. (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbuWrNmxZt7C&notag=1) (Lots of them and this is only a few of the total so please don't feel like you have to look at them all :p )

azlaura
12-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Looks like you had a great time...we shared the shuttle with you a couple of mornings from CCI!
Laura

Crazy4DL
12-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Looks like you had a great time...we shared the shuttle with you a couple of mornings from CCI!
Laura

You did??? wow! I scootered to DL each morning but my kids caught the shuttle several times. How cool you were there too!

thmar
12-13-2006, 06:33 PM
Enjoying reading your TR...looking forward to more.

rentayenta
12-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Loving the report Ruthie! Your grandbabies are as cute as can be. :D

tmptink
12-13-2006, 07:51 PM
Wow, that is a great report so far. I can not wait to hear more. I agree with Jenny, your gbabies are relly cute. I like your pics. It is cool to see the park at a different view from my pics.

nursemelis374
12-13-2006, 09:29 PM
How is it possible that the Crazies get cuter and cuter every trip????

Thanks for sharing!!!

Crazy4DL
12-13-2006, 09:35 PM
awwww you guys just make a grammy's day! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
12-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Wonderful report, Ruthie. The kiddos are so darn adorable!!!!! Glad you had such a fabulous trip.

adriennek
12-13-2006, 10:16 PM
I have to give MammaSilva and Adriennek a big thank you about right here, I called MS to give her an update on our where abouts as we traveled down the I5 and we realized it would be much cheaper to buy the extra ticket we needed since DS had joined us – online. So with MS talking to me and Ak on the computer I gave them the credit card info and they got everything set up for that ticket and even printed out the confirmation and took it to the CCI for us. A HUGE thank you to two awesome MPers from the Crazy crew!

Ah, shucks, yer welcome! :D

Adrienne

junglemom
12-14-2006, 04:06 AM
Everyone seems soooo soooo happy! Beautiful pictures Ruthie!

crazi4dlr
12-14-2006, 09:48 AM
Ruthie, what a great report and what great pictures. I've heard so much about your family in the Lounge that it's nice to put faces with the names. I have to say that all of your grandbabies are beautiful but that little Irene face makes me melt, she's really gorgeous. And though I have seen your comments about your appearance, I think you are a beautiful grandma, really beautiful - inside and out. Merry Christmas from one Crazi to another! Laura

JosieGirl71
12-14-2006, 12:41 PM
Sounds like everyone had a wonderful time! Your grandbabies are getting soooo big. Tell them to quit growing and stay babies forever! ;)

Keep it coming!

I Heart Disneyland!
12-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Everyone seems soooo soooo happy! Beautiful pictures Ruthie!

That's what DL does to people! :) :) It's why we are all here talking about it every day! ha! :D :D

DangerMouse
12-14-2006, 01:52 PM
I've loved reading your report, Ruthie! What a fun group!

Crazy4DL
12-14-2006, 04:35 PM
Thank you so much ALL of you! I enjoy trying to put my feeble report together with my limited memory when I know someone will enjoy it. Your comments just made my afternoon.

I have just typed up the best I could rememeber from the second day . . . the day we met up with MammaSilva and Brandy. It will be coming right up.

Crazy4DL
12-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Day 2 . . .”blue Cinderella day” (yes, we are big dorks!) :geek: :D

Today it was up and at it bright and early to do meet up with MammaSilva and Brandy and do an Early Entrance day. :)

A call came in from MS that she was a bit stuck in LA traffic and would be a few minutes late. We went ahead and headed to the gates and got our strollers which always take a bit of time. The stroller place does not open but a few minutes ahead of the gates ~ grrrr. We had time to check out our brick and before we knew it Margaret and Missy were there. Big hugs and more introductions since MS had not met all the Crazy crew in August. Lance and Jarod were delighted to see Margaret again.

Through the gates we all go! YAY!! We found Mickey and Minnie all dressed up for Christmas and we had to stop and say hi, get some autographs (in the super good deal autograph books MS scored for all the kids) and of course, more pictures. TOTALLY FUN TIMES!

Off to my favorite part of the park, Fantasyland, we went. MS wanted to stop and take a pictures of all of us and our scooters, strollers and kids in the middle of Main Street but I was afraid we would be stoned by irritate MPers for blocking the street. Heehee :p ;)

We had a slight delay with Missy not feeling totally herself but not for long. DD ran back for a wheel chair for her and we were off and running (well not really running but off . . . ) We rode Dumbo first and then followed with most of the FL rides. :)

We had breakfast PSs at Carnation Café around 9:30 so made our way back up Main Street. MS was right about the potatoes! Very good!

A few more rides (I think Buzz and Astro Blasters if I remember correctly) and then next on the agenda was the Princess Faire. Little miss Irene was not having her picture taken that day for nothing! What a little pill! The back drops in the PF are very beautiful. We did get some pictures of some of the boys and Missy. DIL and DS took some of the bunch over to ride Space Mt while the rest of us did the PF.

We all met back up at IASW and guess who joined us???? SANTA!!!! The kids were beyond excited! Santa rode IASW with US! Like, how cool is that? Little tiny Wyatt now believes IASW is Santa’s house. LOL :D

Santa, MS, Missy and the Crazy bunch ended to The Jedi Training Academy next. One of those completely magically times! All three of our “big” boys were picked to be padwans (sp??) (Grammy is not a Star Wars person at all!) Lots of pictures of the boys. Jarod was on the stage and Tyler and Lance down below. They took their training very serious. The three all got to battle Darth Vadar too (at least I know who he is – ha!) The received a certificate of completion at the end. It was completely awesome! :geek:

Santa had to get back to his workshop after hanging with us so we told him good bye and Merry Christmas and were on our way.

MS needed to go take care of business at the hotel so Missy hung with us. I don’t remember exactly what all we did but I can assure you we had a ball. The afternoon flew by and by the time MS got back it was about time to watch the parade. We found a spot oh the curb for the kidletts. “Poppie” (DH) went for coffee for Missy. It was too hot and too full for Missy to handle. MS tried to offer us all a drink of black coffee but no one was taking her up on. You should have seen the look on her face as she drank that coffee (she does NOT like coffee) down enough to pour cold water into the cup! LMHO! (I know, not very nice am I?)

After enjoying the parade together MS and Missy headed back to get some rest for the next day. My gang did a bit more Disneylanding and headed back to our rooms at a fairly good time that night too.

We have a ToonTown Maddness morning coming up. See ya then. :D

More Pictures (http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8EbuWrNmxZt7g&notag=1)

Crazy4DL
12-14-2006, 04:44 PM
. Merry Christmas from one Crazi to another! Laura

Merry Christmas my dear crazy friend! :) ;)

(thank you so much, you are very sweet)

lobotomomma
12-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Oh my goodness! Ruthie, what a cute family you have--and you are just a cute little Grammy!!! I LOVE your trip report and LOVE LOVE your pics!!! Thanks so much for sharing your fun times with all of us. :)

tinker3
12-14-2006, 05:07 PM
How awesome that Santa was hanging out with you guys! :) Great trip report sounds like a blast!

Crazy4DL
12-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Oh my goodness! Ruthie, what a cute family you have--and you are just a cute little Grammy!!! I LOVE your trip report and LOVE LOVE your pics!!! Thanks so much for sharing your fun times with all of us. :)

awwww thanks . . . don't you just love the one with Irene pouting in Missy's chair instead of taking pictures with the Princesses? Kids! :p

She loves the princesses too . . . she did end up coming down with a bit of a flu bug so maybe that was part of it.

Thank you so much, tinker3 . . . we really did have a wonderful time and Santa was a high light for the kids.

MammaSilva
12-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Loving the trip report, it brings back all those terrific memories and 'seeing' the smiles on the babies faces! Missy never stopped talking about the 'next' trip and sharing her chair with the babies when they get tired!