PDA

View Full Version : Liar's Guide to Disneyland

Liar
12-12-2006, 11:18 PM
I thought that MousePlanet readers might be interested to know that there's a humorous mention of MousePlanet.com in my new Disneyland Resort travel guide parody, Liar's Guide to Disneyland.

Those of you who are as fanatic about Disneyland as I am should find a lot of humor in the book. I'm very interested to know what everyone thinks of it, so if you happen to see a copy, please share your thoughts!

You can read more about the book at DisneyLies.com, or if you have any questions, ask away!

~Liar~

I Heart Disneyland!
12-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Not sure I get it! ???

Opus1guy
12-13-2006, 12:11 AM
Not sure I get it! ???

You can read more about the book at DisneyLies.com

Or perhaps a more direct link for you:

http://disneylies.com/liars_guide/index.shtml

I think it's a parody book about all things Disneyland from the makers of DisneyLies.com.

:)

mommy-san
12-13-2006, 07:08 AM
'Complete touring plans for parents, people who love Disneyland Resort bath rooms, and those who only want to turn left'

That kills me. LOL!!

potzbie
12-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Regarding LIAR's text on PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN --

The ride is built largely underground and is filled with water -- a tribute to New Orleans' famed high water table.

But I think LIAR could have rephrased that sentence to read --

The ride is built largely underground and is filled with water -- which was a cost-savings, since all the Disney Imagineers did was to empty out the props from the older exhibit, "20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA," and take out the giant squid and insert a fort.

:)

Liar
12-13-2006, 08:51 AM
The ride is built largely underground and is filled with water -- which was a cost-savings, since all the Disney Imagineers did was to empty out the props from the older exhibit, "20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA," and take out the giant squid and insert a fort.

Hey, that's funny! (I always wondered what happened to the 20K attraction.)

~Liar~

mommy-san
12-13-2006, 10:31 AM
For those of us who don't know what happened to 20,000 leagues- what's funny about that statement? Help me 'get it'!

hbquikcomjamesl
12-13-2006, 11:16 AM
My understanding is that there was once a walkthrough exhibit of the sets from that film. And it's also my understanding that the WDW version of the submarine ride was 20KL-themed.

Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately), I'm not old enough to remember any such walkthrough.

Bytebear
12-13-2006, 06:09 PM
The original pipe organ is in the Haunted Mansion.

Klutch
12-13-2006, 06:41 PM
My understanding is that there was once a walkthrough exhibit of the sets from that film. And it's also my understanding that the WDW version of the submarine ride was 20KL-themed.

The subs themselves were modeled to kinda look like the Nautilus, but that's where the theming ended. As I recall, neither the inside of the subs nor the rest of the attraction had anything to do with the movie, which was too bad.

I was fortunate to ride the 20K Leagues Under the Sea attraction shortly before it closed at WDW. Although it's nostalgic to remember, it really wasn't all that great; not even as good as an underwater Jungle Cruise. The main appeal was the illusion of actually submerging was pretty good; most people believed the sub was completely underwater. And that's no lie. :D

The funny thing about most Disney lies is most people believe them to be true. Anybody wanna go see Walt Disney on ice?