PDA

View Full Version : Mini trip report (with photos) Dec. 4-10 and what was going on at DLR December 9th?

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-12-2006, 10:04 PM
The boys and I arrived in SNA about 2:30pm on Tuesday December 5th. We were pleased to see all 4 of our bags made it, including my oldest son's carseat, which ended up in Kansas City last time we flew in to SNA, and our stroller. Gathered things up and headed out to catch Super Shuttler. We were directed to Royal Shuttle, driven by a sweet Grandpa type, named Jack. There were already 4 other people in the shuttler, so we filled it, and were on our way. Of course, last ones on, last ones out, but that was ok, since my 3yo had fallen asleep and I was happy for him to have a bit of a nap. Arrived at HoJos and was greeted by a friendly bellman, who loaded all our bags on the cart and waited while we checked in to our favorite room. He took our bags to our room, found out he is from Cheney, WA, which is not far from where we live in Spokane. Great guy. We unpacked and headed to DL for a couple rides and fireworks. Only had about an hour in the park, as it was closing early for the CM party, but we were able to see the fireworks and snow, from along side ROA, which wasn't crowded at all. We stopped at McDonald's on our way back to the room, then had dinner in the room and to bed early.
Weds. December 6th, the boys were up at 6, and raring to go. I had stayed up getting our bags ready, so we were at the park before rope drop. Both the boys loved singing along as the music played as we marched in at the rope dropped. We hit about 2/3 of the rides in the park, that the boys could go on. My 5yo requested a ride on HMH, they had never been on HM at all, and they loved it. My 3yo missed the 40 inch mark by 1 inch, he was trying hard, standing on his toes, etc. He was SO upset. He wanted to go on Splance and BTMRR. It helped that he wasn't tall enough, in getting him to eat, he eats like a bird. We enjoyed our sandwiches near the Carnation stage on both Weds. and Thurs., watching the bands play was a nice relaxing change. We spent the day at DL, it was nice and quiet, lines were short, longest was Peter Pan, about 10 mins. We ended up staying later than I had planned, they go to bed at 6:30pm Pacific time normally, to watch the parade, which was nice. Both boys fell asleep in the stroller on the way back to the hotel, SO glad I brought the double stroller.
Thursday December 7th, was about like Weds. Crowds were light, we finised all but about 4 rides and spent the afternoon at DCA. We left at 6pm as I knew we would be having a long day on Friday. The boys loved being able to meet Mater and Lightning.
Friday December 8th, my dad and DH met us at the hotel in the morning and we headed to the park for breakfast at River Belle. My dad hadn't been to DLR in 25 years, so he was shocked at all the changes. My oldest, 5yo, was tall enough for Indy so we fast passed it and took him on it. He rode with his head down and eyes closed the entire time. hehe We did some rides there until about 2pm, then headed over to DCA, he had obviously never been there. We stayed there until closing, 8pm, I took him on TOT, and then headed back to DL to get a spot for the fireworks. Both boys fell asleep in the stroller on the way from DCA to DL, so DH took them to the hotel to put them to bed. Fireworks were spectacular, as expected.
Saturday morning, December 9th, we had breakfast at Denny's. DH woke up feeling sick, so he stayed in the room. We immediately road Autopia when we arrived at the park, and then it was shocking how busy it was. It seemed like a summer day to me. So crowded. Lines were getting so long, and it was miserable to walk around. We only went to TSI and then did the canoes before my DH had enough, he had only been at the park for an hour, and left to go back to the hotel. We shopped and left DLR at about 3pm. It was a huge disappointment to my kids, they love to ride POTC as our last ride, but I couldn't see standing in line that long, we had already ridden it 5+ times. We took my dad through DTD and over to the Disneyland to walk around. We were back at the room by 5pm, and had dinnner at Mimi's.
Sunday December 10th, it was up at 5:30am for Jack to pick us up for our ride back to the airport.
All in all a great trip. Here is a link to the photos, if anyone is interested.
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AZuGbds3YtWwG

Does anyone know why Saturday was SO crowded? I have always sworn off DLR on weekends, but this just seemed SO extreme to me!

I Heart Disneyland!
12-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Loved the report and photos!!! Those are some handsome little guys you've got and you're a cutie too!!! I didn't make it back to Toontown on my last trip and didn't see that tree back there, thanks for the great photos!!!

I LOVE that you got the photos of the old Country Bear Jamboree guys in the Pooh ride!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Loved the report and photos!!! Those are some handsome little guys you've got and you're a cutie too!!! I didn't make it back to Toontown on my last trip and didn't see that tree back there, thanks for the great photos!!!

I LOVE that you got the photos of the old Country Bear Jamboree guys in the Pooh ride!!!

Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate them. That tree in Toontown was sure cute.

I almost dropped my camera out of the bee hive, trying to get that Country Bear photo. LOL

I Heart Disneyland!
12-12-2006, 11:30 PM
I almost dropped my camera out of the bee hive, trying to get that Country Bear photo. LOL

HAHAHAHA! I can totally see that happening too. When we went through (with my kids who are in their 20's) I thought we'd all break our necks trying to see it! ha!

Is that a grandpa too that came along on the trip? What a great family holiday!!!

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-12-2006, 11:45 PM
HAHAHAHA! I can totally see that happening too. When we went through (with my kids who are in their 20's) I thought we'd all break our necks trying to see it! ha!

Is that a grandpa too that came along on the trip? What a great family holiday!!!

Yes, that was my dad who joined us. He hadn't been there in 25 years!

azlaura
12-13-2006, 05:32 AM
I was there too...two years in a row Lori we were there at the same time and didn't meet:)
I was wondering the same thing about Saturday. We rode only two rides and left to do some shopping before heading back to Phoenix. But Thursday and Friday were great...no long lines and not too many people.
I am glad you guys had a great time, we did too and I loved all the Christmas decorations and loved the parade.
Laura

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-13-2006, 06:02 AM
I was there too...two years in a row Lori we were there at the same time and didn't meet:)
I was wondering the same thing about Saturday. We rode only two rides and left to do some shopping before heading back to Phoenix. But Thursday and Friday were great...no long lines and not too many people.
I am glad you guys had a great time, we did too and I loved all the Christmas decorations and loved the parade.
Laura
It was you that I saw in DCA on Friday! DARN it, I should have came up to you! I PMed you about it last night. We arrived on Tuesday, and it was SO nice Wednesday and Thursday. Friday was pretty good too, more crowded than Weds., of course.
When are you planning on going next? hehe

wenderella
12-13-2006, 07:45 AM
Okay...so now I need to go! Thanks for the pics...look so fun!

Park Freak
12-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Hi all, I was there on the 9th and I think that the crowds were so bad because there were 100,000 little pom-pom/cheerleader girls there. We saw them in a never ending "parade" down main street. To make matters ALOT worse, all of the parents were sent to the Festival of Fools area to pick them up AT THE SAME TIME:eek: :confused: :eek: We were back there at that time, and it was truly frightening. It was so packed, and there was shoving, and yelling, and cursing going on. I couldn't believe it was SO poorly organized. Very, very scary.:(
Pam

Raven
12-13-2006, 09:53 AM
We arrived at DLH early on Sat. Dec. 9 and there were a MILLION cheerleader/dancing girls. We anticipated that it would be crowded. We went to POC and had a 5 min wait. When we walked past it after lunch, the line was LOOOONNNNNNGGGGG. We went back to the hotel and took a nap and woke up to less of a crowd because of the rain. Then, after it poured on us later on, we rode SM over and over and over, heck, we are already wet, right?

cwillis
12-13-2006, 11:11 AM
I got there Thursday the 7th and it was wonderful, but I thought even Friday was too busy and left for LA saturday. glad i did.

Wavesprite!
12-13-2006, 11:32 AM
We were at the park the same days as you, except Friday we drove down to Legoland. The funny thing is, that Saturday we were SHOCKED at the crowds. We did the same thing you did, we rode Star Tours, Autopia, the Canoes, my son did the "Junior Chef" program, and we left for the day....too crowded after such a nice light week!

We had a hot pink stroller, did you see us??

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-13-2006, 11:44 AM
We were at the park the same days as you, except Friday we drove down to Legoland. The funny thing is, that Saturday we were SHOCKED at the crowds. We did the same thing you did, we rode Star Tours, Autopia, the Canoes, my son did the "Junior Chef" program, and we left for the day....too crowded after such a nice light week!

We had a hot pink stroller, did you see us??

I am a stroller freak, so it wouldn't surprise me if I saw yours. I am always checking out strollers.

ima_mickeyfan
12-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Hey Lori,
glad to hear that your back and you had a great time... Loved looking at the pictures! Did you make the boy's overall's and red t-shirts? I remember talking to you last year about another pair of overalls your boys wore on a trip I think they were Mickey, anyway was wondering if you ever bought that sewing machine and made your own??? I made a couple of pairs for my girls, but not disney themed...thanks for sharing I especially liked seeing that the ornaments on the trees were as big as your boys' heads...not saying that they have big heads though....

krissy1977
12-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi! First I want to start off with saying that I've read these boards for years but very rarely post....decided it was time that I joined in all the posting fun! We were at DLR December 8-10 as well and I didn't feel it was overly crowded. We spent the majority of Saturday at DCA and by time we made it to DL it had been raining so it wasn't too crowded (so that's probably why I didn't feel it was too crowded). Your pictures are very cute!

DisneylandForever
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Loved the pics! Always nice to see when someone can bend around the moving bee hive and snap a shot of "the boys" from the Country Bear Jamboree!

azlaura
12-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Hey Lori...I PM'd you!

Laura

dznyphreak
12-13-2006, 04:11 PM
I have been wondering this for awhile...where exactly on Pooh are the Country Bear guys? I couldn't tell much more than you have to turn around from the picture.

Crazy4DL
12-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Oh fun report . . . and we were there too!! :D

I have yet to see the Country Bears while on Pooh!

thmar
12-13-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks for sharing...enjoyed your TR.

rentayenta
12-13-2006, 07:49 PM
Great pics, darling boys, fun read! :)

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-13-2006, 10:09 PM
I have been wondering this for awhile...where exactly on Pooh are the Country Bear guys? I couldn't tell much more than you have to turn around from the picture.

Just after you exit the Huffalumps room, with all the psychadelic colors, turn around and look up, you will see them. It is clear that they intend to leave them there. The wall has a wave to the bottom of it, that goes right below them.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-13-2006, 10:10 PM
Hi! First I want to start off with saying that I've read these boards for years but very rarely post....decided it was time that I joined in all the posting fun! We were at DLR December 8-10 as well and I didn't feel it was overly crowded. We spent the majority of Saturday at DCA and by time we made it to DL it had been raining so it wasn't too crowded (so that's probably why I didn't feel it was too crowded). Your pictures are very cute!

We should have spent Saturday afternoon at DCA and Friday afternoon at DLR. Before the rain at DLR, it was extremely crowded. Not sure what time it started raining, but my kids go to bed early, they were in bed by 7pm.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
12-13-2006, 10:11 PM
Hey Lori,
glad to hear that your back and you had a great time... Loved looking at the pictures! Did you make the boy's overall's and red t-shirts? I remember talking to you last year about another pair of overalls your boys wore on a trip I think they were Mickey, anyway was wondering if you ever bought that sewing machine and made your own??? I made a couple of pairs for my girls, but not disney themed...thanks for sharing I especially liked seeing that the ornaments on the trees were as big as your boys' heads...not saying that they have big heads though....

Thanks for the message.
YES, I did get my sewing machine and made the Cars overalls for them. They were the first ones I had made. Now I am taking orders for them, lol. I am also doing some Strawberry Shortcake ones. My 5yo wants Spiderman shortalls for summer.
I am having fun making them.

Thanks everyone for the compliments.