PDA

View Full Version : 1st trip a few questions

disney4us
12-12-2006, 02:14 PM
DH and I are taking our kids to DL next month. What are the crowds expected to be like from the 8th to the 12th (Mon-Fri)? Should we be able to walk on most ride or have a minimal wait or could it be much longer?

We have early entry and not sure what day to use it on. We arrive Sunday but our first day in the park will be Monday. We also want to do a character breakfast and Toontown Morning Madness. Are there better days to do some of these activities? We are thinking of going to Minnie and Friends but I understand that is in the park. If the park doesn't open until 10am is it only 1 hour for the breakfast then as I think I read something that breakfast is only until 11am.

Should I do Toontown Morning Madness the same time as the early entry? How does the Toontown Morning Madness work on early entry days? If it opens one hour after the park, is that after the early entry or non early entry opening time?

Hope to learn lots. Less than a month to plan this whole thing.
disney4us

lbrackjo
12-12-2006, 06:18 PM
By using the search function on this board you'll be able to pull up lots of info on early entry and morning madness. The most important thing to do, if you haven't done it, is check the calendar on the disneyland.com web site so you know what is open when. For example on Sunday night you'll have the christmas parade and fireworks. The Aladdin show in DCA is closed Monday and Tuesday. So you need to figure those big schedule items into your plans.

DisneyLynn
12-12-2006, 09:48 PM
We were there on Jan. 7th last year (or whatever that Monday was) and it was a wonderful day!! We did early entry from 9-10 then Minnie and Friends Breakfast at 10:00, we had plenty of time for breakfast and character interaction. All of the characters came by our table twice and many stayed a while.

Lines should be pretty light that week.

Have fun!

momuvseven
12-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Use your EE towards the end of the week when the park is busier. People still line up for it so be in line about thirty minutes before the EE time. While you wait take turns taking the kids to the bathroom and eat a snack. The same day do the character breakfast at ten. They will not throw you out at eleven. However the characters may thin out at that time. You do not have to go in the standby line but go right to the reception desk at the entrance and tell them you have priority seating. Then it should just be a few minutes and you will be taken to your table.

We do it this way because the first hours at the park are the easiest to get on rides. You should be tired and hungry once you hit the character breakfast. You need to hang out there for about ninety minutes to let the characters all rotate and take pics. One of the adults can run over and grab fastpasses for something while you are at the character breakfast. Then when you come out all rested you can go right on a ride without a wait. In our experience the fastpass machines are not open during EE. If the park is slow collect as many fastpasses as you can and save them for later in the day when it gets busy.

There are dining discounts available if you have AAA or a Disney Visa. I would apply for the Visa and use it for this trip. They often are giving out a cool qift when you apply.

disney4us
12-13-2006, 07:43 PM
I ended up booking at 10:10 on the Tuesday for Minnie and Friends. We've never been to DL before so on Monday we will just get a feel for the park. I was thinking of maybe doing EE on Thursday to ride the rides we liked during the week. Maybe I should change our character breakfast to Thursday instead. On Wednesday I think we will do the Toontown morning madness. I keep changing things around as I learn more.

disney4us