PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Holiday soundtrack

ShirleyFilms
12-12-2006, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know where I can obtain the soundtrack for the Haunted Mansion Holiday? (Nightmare before Christmas layover)

I called Disneyland today (to ask a question) and got to hear about 2 minutes of it while I was on hold. I didn't realize how incredible the music is. I would love to have a copy.

Thanks -- and sorry if this question has been asked. I searched and didn't see it.

Dexter
12-12-2006, 12:13 PM
The resort actually publishes a Haunted Mansion Holiday audio CD that has the attraction audio and some other tid-bits. You can get it by calling DeliverEARS at (800) 362-4533.

I did a quick cursory search on Mouseshoppe but couldn't find that CD quickly.

Gone2Disneyland
12-12-2006, 02:56 PM
If you want to see a photo of the cover, I found a link for it at Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Disneyland-Haunted-Mansion-Holiday-Haunted/dp/B000AP09MO

Coincidentally, it's paired up with "A Musical History of Disneyland," the 6-CD boxed set Disney released last year. This set contains the 2001 first year version of the ride-through music, which was dropped the next year and replaced with new music. I've read on the Internet that the current ride-through music is a combination of both versions.

Btw because it says "IMPORT", I personally wouldn't order it from Amazon. I'd do as Dexter recommended and order it directly from DelivEARS. Or if you're in the neighborhood, you can probably find it in the World of Disney store as well as the Le Bat en Rouge store in New Orleans Square.

MiaTurner
12-12-2006, 09:55 PM
The music is definitely amazing; I love it to pieces

If you wanna hear more before buying the CD by the way, Utilidor's Disney radio, Subsonic Radio, and DtunesLive play pieces from the ride a lot ;) Subsonic and Dtunes will do it by request too.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-12-2006, 11:02 PM
The resort actually publishes a Haunted Mansion Holiday audio CD that has the attraction audio and some other tid-bits. You can get it by calling DeliverEARS at (800) 362-4533.

Great info, Dexter. Thanks!!!

ShirleyFilms
12-13-2006, 08:30 AM
I called DeliverEARS and they told me that they haven't had that CD available for at least a year. :(

I think I will take my chances and pick one up on Amazon.

Thanks for the help.

DangerMouse
12-13-2006, 09:18 AM
If you want a mp3 free download, you can find it here:

http://pic2.piczo.com/CherishedMoments/?preview=y&g=23514777

just click on the "Christmas music" link.

DisneylandForever
12-13-2006, 09:23 AM
FYI: That CD with Jack on the cover is not the original soundtrack. I believe they changed the music in the second year to include more "Nightmare" songs and less "Christmas" songs. It's a bummer because they did this really neat effect with the original music when you hit the ball room and the spiders would drop from the tree with the music. I have the original soundtrack (found it online), but I don't think it's available for purchase.

Not to say the new music isn't great. It is. I just liked the original better.

Gone2Disneyland
12-13-2006, 11:42 AM
FYI: That CD with Jack on the cover is not the original soundtrack. I believe they changed the music in the second year to include more "Nightmare" songs and less "Christmas" songs. It's a bummer because they did this really neat effect with the original music when you hit the ball room and the spiders would drop from the tree with the music. I have the original soundtrack (found it online), but I don't think it's available for purchase.

Not to say the new music isn't great. It is. I just liked the original better.
You're right about the current CD not being the original version. That version, from the year the attraction debuted, is included on the 6-disc set, "The Musical History of Disneyland," that I mentioned in my earlier post above. It's noted as such in the book that's included in the set.

BGLeduc
12-13-2006, 12:32 PM
You're right about the current CD not being the original version. That version, from the year the attraction debuted, is included on the 6-disc set, "The Musical History of Disneyland," that I mentioned in my earlier post above. It's noted as such in the book that's included in the set.

Last time I looked, the 6CD set was discounted to $75 or so at the Disneyshopping/Outlet store. That's quite a savings over what my wife paid for it last year.

Brian

DisneylandForever
12-13-2006, 01:01 PM

You know, I just read your first post, and just found out you had pretty much already covered that! LOL - that's what I get for scanning. Sorry for posting what you already had!

Are you like me? Meaning do you like the first year's music better?

Gone2Disneyland
12-13-2006, 05:36 PM
You know, I just read your first post, and just found out you had pretty much already covered that! LOL - that's what I get for scanning. Sorry for posting what you already had!

Are you like me? Meaning do you like the first year's music better?
Yeah, I do like the first year better. There's something about it that sounds fresher and brighter. The newer version seems "longer" if that makes any sense. :p But like I said before about what I'd read, it seems like the Stretching Room uses the first year soundtrack, then the ride-through seems to co-mingle between both versions. I think I definitely enjoy the first year Graveyard music better, it's more jazzy.