PDA

View Full Version : Christmas week trip planned- am I loony?

shellymeister
12-12-2006, 10:27 AM
I am an East Coast resident who has visited DLR quite a few times (though my last visit was about 2 years ago).

We will be in the Southern California vicinity during the week of Christmas (specifically 12/26 & 27).

We are debating whether to hazard a visit to DLR (mostly Disneyland) because we do not like overwhelming crowding.

The fact that we will have 1 day tickets and can only obtain FastPasses one by one is not working for us either.

Do we go, or should we wait till another quieter time period?

Thanks to any readers who remember what it has been like in DLR during previous Christtmas weeks.......

ScottDisneyFan
12-12-2006, 10:32 AM
What is wrong with obtaining Fast Passes one by one?

Sometimes on my visits I might only use my Fast Pass once.

shellymeister
12-12-2006, 03:45 PM
Hi

The one by one Fastpass thing becomes a problem (as opposed to being able to go to each FastPass site early in the day all at one time to accumulate them) because often rides like Splash Mountain are distributing FastPass like crazy and wind up very quickly running out or having very late in the evening return times. I would rather see the park quickly in a compact amount of time and then have free time to see CA or just eat or relax.

Tams
12-12-2006, 03:54 PM
It is extremely crowded the week between Christams and New Years - many years it's the most crowded week of the year. So if crowds aren'y your thing you may want to pass. However, the Christmas atmoshere is the MOST MAGICAL time at Disney and IMHO well worth braving the crowds. It really just depends what you want to get out of your experience. I am overjoyed to go to the parks at Christmas just to soak up the spirit and if I happen to get on a couple rides....even better.

MiaTurner
12-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Well there are a few things to consider...

I've been to Disneyland during Christmas twice, and I was fortunate enough that neither times were too busy. (Heck, Veteran's Day was worse than Christmas.) We were even able to get a room at the Disneyland Hotel one year. That was a couple of years ago though, and I don't know if that justice is as kind today...

It sounds like you don't get to go to Disneyland often. I was able to do both DL and DCA on Veteran's Day in only one day, but that's only because I knew what I wanted to go to and what I could stand missing. (And I live in Arizona, so I'm at DL at least twice a year.) If you feel like you're going to be spontaneous or want to get a lot done, it's probably not that great of an idea. It seems the weeks before Christmas are much less crowded.

In short, if you don't get to do DL that often, and you know there's going to be tons of stuff you'll want to hit, I would suggest trying a different date ;)

Leap for Joy
12-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Getting fastpasses one at at time isn't an issue if you get there early and get several during the first 2-3 hours and then use them later in the day. But it will be very crowded.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Here is my advice!!!!!!!!!!

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

You live far away, and you will be RIGHT THERE. Just do it and have a wonderful time. I'd love to be able to be there that week!!!

MaraMouse
12-13-2006, 02:34 AM
It wasnt overwhelmingly crowded on the 26th, but by the 27th on.. seems like the crowds came swarming

potzbie
12-13-2006, 08:24 AM
"Looney?

I hope you are a "people person" -- because it will be shoulder-to-shoulder people.

I hope you like lines -- because the queues will be stretched around the buildings.

Think of the movie, "Soylent Green."

But Disneyland itself will be fine -- just getting from Disney Point A to Disney Point B will be hard. That's all. If you are not in hurry, and not claustraphobic, you should have fun.

dsnydon
12-13-2006, 08:25 AM
Yes you are:cool: But come anyway you'll fit right in:)