PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Help

ScottDisneyFan
12-12-2006, 09:17 AM
Hey,

Longtime Disneyland passholder and visitor and such...

I am looking for someone input on my next visit. I live in Sacramento and me and my girlfriend are going to DLR in January. Just went two weeks ago and can't wait to get back.

Which hotel is best to stay at within walking distance from the park?

All of the DLR rooms are full for what we want so right now I am looking at Desert Inn and Suites.

I am not extremely picky on the actual rooms (as long as no roaches are crawling around).

I am a former SoCal resident and after moving back to NorCal have not really cared where I stay on my visits down there as I usually go alone. Me and my gf are bringing her son down and he is 5 so I need to be more concerned about distance and such.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

JosieGirl71
12-12-2006, 09:25 AM
The only complaint I have read about Desert Inn and Suites is when people have paid/reserved with debit cards.

You could also check out Tropicana Inn, Best Western Park Place Inn and Carousel. All are right across the street just like Desert Inn. Check out this map: Bret's Disneyland Map (http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html)

hlbtimes2
12-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Personally, I would recomend the Candy cane. Its close, clean, has a good breakfast and great shuttle.

ScottDisneyFan
12-12-2006, 09:56 AM
Personally, I would recomend the Candy cane. Its close, clean, has a good breakfast and great shuttle.

I think Candy cane might be a little far for the little one.

ScottDisneyFan
12-12-2006, 09:57 AM
The only complaint I have read about Desert Inn and Suites is when people have paid/reserved with debit cards.

You could also check out Tropicana Inn, Best Western Park Place Inn and Carousel. All are right across the street just like Desert Inn. Check out this map: Bret's Disneyland Map (http://www.geocities.com/ashpsyche/DisneylandLinkMap.html)

I will check out the prices on the others. What do you mean about paying/reserving with debit cards? What has happened?

Darkbeer
12-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Have you checked out the rates at www.travelaxe.com (http://www.travelaxe.com), the site specialize in Hotel Resellers, so you can find rooms at hotels that are sold out, and usually at a cheaper rate!

ScottDisneyFan
12-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Have you checked out the ragtes at www.travelaxe.com (http://www.travelaxe.com), the site specialize in Hotel Resellers, so you can find rooms at hotels that are sold out, and usually at a cheaper rate!

Thanks!

Scroll Lock
12-12-2006, 10:10 AM
How long do you plan on staying near Disneyland?

My two sons are 5 and 3 and The Candy Cane Inn is one of favorite places to stay. If you're not yet aware, they also offer a FREE shuttle to the park every 30 minutes so "walking" to and from the park isn't an issue. I've also walked it for fun and it's not far at all. The hotel is very clean and the FREE breakfast offers multiple types of cold cereals, hot cereals, milk, coffee, juice, hot chocolate, donuts, fruits, muffins, etc. It's perfect for either a light breakfast or full breakfast before entering the park.

The only other hotel I've enjoyed that is "walking" distance from the park (across the street) is the Fairfield Inn. It is also nice.

Both hotels offer FREE parking during your stay.

jillshumway
12-12-2006, 10:11 AM
I think Candy cane might be a little far for the little one.

It is not bad my 5 year old walked it no problem. I have 5 kids and we walked it every time sometimes 2x a day. The 3 and 1 year old rode in the stroller so my 5 year old had to walk.

Good luck Jill

ScottDisneyFan
12-12-2006, 10:14 AM
How long do you plan on staying near Disneyland?

We are looking at three days. I don't mind the walk myself and I don't have a lot of experience with kids. Hehe. I just want to make the most of our time and make sure everyone has fun. I guess it would not be too bad of a problem though because I can always carry the small child. :)

Malcon10t
12-12-2006, 10:44 AM
I will check out the prices on the others. What do you mean about paying/reserving with debit cards? What has happened?The problem is if you reserve the room with a debit card, they put a hold on the funds. If you pay by some other means (another credit card or cash) they don't seem to know to release the hold on the debit card. So, you may have paid for the room and there is still a $100 hold on your debit card. I encountered this issue, and once I showed them, they called and had the hold released, but it took a day.

JosieGirl71
12-12-2006, 10:46 AM
The problem is if you reserve the room with a debit card, they put a hold on the funds. If you pay by some other means (another credit card or cash) they don't seem to know to release the hold on the debit card. So, you may have paid for the room and there is still a $100 hold on your debit card. I encountered this issue, and once I showed them, they called and had the hold released, but it took a day.
Thanks, Malcon. I couldn't remember exactly what the problem was but I do remember there being a problem.

ScottDisneyFan
12-12-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks, Malcon. I couldn't remember exactly what the problem was but I do remember there being a problem.

Thank you guys for the help! Hey, I like the Switchfoot quote. I have seen them four times in the last two years...one of my fav bands!

nvmom
12-12-2006, 11:33 AM
We stayed at the Camelot Inn last year and it was good. Just basic, older motel, outside access doors, older elevators... but very clean & spacious room (we had a suite) and a great location.

nvmom

JosieGirl71
12-12-2006, 12:21 PM
Thank you guys for the help! Hey, I like the Switchfoot quote. I have seen them four times in the last two years...one of my fav bands!
Thanks! They were in my hometown a couple months ago but we didn't get to see them. :(

ScottDisneyFan
12-12-2006, 12:29 PM
Thanks! They were in my hometown a couple months ago but we didn't get to see them. :(

I am hoping they will come to Sacramento, where I live, again soon. I can never get tired of them.

Bolivar
12-12-2006, 01:26 PM
It all comes down to personal priorities. For me being close, as in right across the street, is a priority. I find the convenience of being able to just run to the room at a moments notice to be invaluable with the kids. Colder than you thought so you want to grab a sweater, just run back to the room; the kid insisted on bringing his favorite toy and now it is just in the way, just run back to the room; forgot the camera, just run back to the room. The more people who are in a group, the more of a production getting out of the room seems to be because everyone wants to make sure they have their stuff for the day and this gets even worse when some of them are kids. With the room close, people don't worry about having everything because it is so easy to run back. For me, having to deal with a shuttle doesn't work. I want to be in Torrowland and when it starts to drizzle say to my wife, "Take the kids on Autopia and I'll be right back with the rain coats"; then run to the room and be back before they are off the ride.

So for me, close it the most important. Others don't mind taking the shuttle or walking from the Canycane. That is a decision for you.

And you didn't ask, but you mention not having experience with kids. Kids get overwhelmed with so much going on, they get tired and they get grumpy. Plan to take a break in the afternoon to go back to the hotel and relax for an hour or two. You will have a lot less tantrums and stress.