PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Or Castle Inn?

LolaluvsBruno
12-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Anyone want to throw your 2 pennys in the fountain on this?

So far I have figured out that they are right next door to each other and
just a hop, skip and a jump to Disneyland.

Any infomation, good or bad on either place would be appreciated...
Thank you

darph nader
12-11-2006, 10:25 PM
Never been to Carousel. We were at Camelot in 05, no complaints. Will stay again in 08. Cool place to watch the fireworks from (pool-side). And,McDoogles is right next-door.

Pirate Princess
12-11-2006, 10:59 PM
I have never been disappointed in Carousel. I have stayed there about four or five times over the years and have never had a complaint. Oh wait, I take that back. Their continental breakfast went slightly downhill this last trip. (As of late November: hardboiled eggs, doughnuts, danish, oatmeal, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, apples, and oranges. They used to have nice muffins but they are gone.)
Other than that.. NO complaints. Our last trip there was a few weeks ago. Nice sized mini-fridge (for leftovers, milk, waterbottles, juiceboxes, and fruit), coffee maker in room with free samples, microwave, hairdryer... $10.00 a day for Wifi.. that may be a deciding factor for you. Also, I have never seen the pool so I cannot comment on that. We don't go to DL for swimming since we can do that at home.
Can't give any input on the Castle though.

ETA: Quiznos is now right next door.

Pirate Lover
12-11-2006, 11:22 PM
Never been to Carousel. We were at Camelot in 05, no complaints. Will stay again in 08. Cool place to watch the fireworks from (pool-side). And,McDoogles is right next-door.

Amen, my family and I have stayed at the Camelot the past two years, and love it. Perfect location, and the McD's is always nice for late-night sugar rushes. ;)

acpalmer
12-12-2006, 06:23 AM
We stayed at the Carousel in June and thought it was fine. Not a five star hotel or anything, but for what we paid, we weren't disappointed. The breakfast wasn't great, so we usually ate lunch fairly early, but it was enough to get us started, in the gates at opening, and on attractions for a few hours. (My kids were disappointed that there was no cereal--if you have little ones for whom that would be important, just know that.)

samkj
12-12-2006, 07:00 AM
The Castle Inn is further down Harbour, the Camelot is right next to the Carousel Inn.

My problem with the Castle Inn, but the address listed on the wesite would be 2 blocks down the road (Best Western Park Place and Carousel are on the 1500 block the Castle Inn is on the 1700 block)

Choose the Carousel, we've stayed there, it was perfect for our family.

Malcon10t
12-12-2006, 07:03 AM
Anyone want to throw your 2 pennys in the fountain on this?

So far I have figured out that they are right next door to each other and
just a hop, skip and a jump to Disneyland.

Any infomation, good or bad on either place would be appreciated...
Thank youThe Carousel and Castle are not next to each other. Carousel is next to Camelot, which looks like a castle sort of. Carousel and Camelot are both nice places. I slightly prefer Carousel. The Castle Inn is up Harbor a bit, maybe 10 mins further walking, the opposite direction from the crosswalk.

darph nader
12-12-2006, 08:48 AM
I am SO SORRY. I thought it said Camelot,darn long work days. Malcon10t is correct.Quite a hike south on Harbor,almost to Katella.Now we 'did' stay there this last Sept,my family got there the day before I did. My DD walked into their assigned room,and walked right out(5 roaches). They gave her a suite all the way up front(4th floor).Nice room,except.....the a/c sounded like a garbage-disposal wheneve it came on. The traffic noise was outrageous, the lane next to the hotel is concrete,and cars would thump,thump,thump all night long,granted 'not' the hotels fault,but still. Not to bad a place though,just get a room near the back.