PDA

View Full Version : Question on DLR tickets

catcher rye
12-11-2006, 12:42 PM
I am planning to go to DLR on Christmas weekend and psyched about the crowd :) Its my first time so I am going through the forums to gather as much info as I can to better utilize my time there.

Now, I haven't bought my tickets yet and have a few questions to anybody who has gone very recently to DLR:

- When you buy tickets online from disney website, do they print the name on the tickets?

- In a 5-day hopper pass, do you get 5 separate tickets or one ticket that can be reused 5 times?

- Are you asked to sign the tickets?

- Are they checking IDs at the gate?

- There is no information on Fastpasses on disney website or AAA (atleast I couldn't fine any). Any pointers will be appreciated.

- With just 11 days left, I don't know if its a good idea to have them ship the tickets or use "will call". The hotel I am staying at also sells tickets at the same price as that on the website (like 5-day adult hopper pass for $179). My local Costco (in San Francisco area) doesn't have City Passes either...only online. There are people selling used hopper passes with some days left on Craigslist but am not sure they will be valid. Don't want to ruin the vacation for me and the wife.

Thanks a bunch for reading!

woody9six
12-11-2006, 01:14 PM
OK... A couple things...

I'd steer clear of the craigslist tickets, just because there is a window in which the ticket can be used after it is first activated, and there is really no way of knowing when it was first used. Err on the side of caution I say.

My wife and I had 3-day park hoppers and only had one ticket. Weren't asked to sign, didn't need ID's just the ticket itself. We purchased them thru AAA nad there were no names on the tix.

I know that you can buy park passes at Disney Stores, so if you have one nearby, you can call and ask what they have.

As far on info on how to best utilize your time, I would suggest getting a subscrition to Ridemax at ridemax.com. It was the best $15 I ever spent. It allowed my wife, daughter and I to do everything we wanted to do while minimizing our wait time. It even allowed us time to go back to the hotel so my 3 year old could get a nap. It gives you tips on using fastpasses, best places to stand for parades and fireworks and other cool things that you might otherwise miss. I have sworn that I would never go to DLR without it. It paid off in spades!

Malcon10t
12-11-2006, 01:18 PM
I am planning to go to DLR on Christmas weekend and psyched about the crowd :) Its my first time so I am going through the forums to gather as much info as I can to better utilize my time there.

Now, I haven't bought my tickets yet and have a few questions to anybody who has gone very recently to DLR:

1- When you buy tickets online from disney website, do they print the name on the tickets?

2- In a 5-day hopper pass, do you get 5 separate tickets or one ticket that can be reused 5 times?

3- Are you asked to sign the tickets?

4- Are they checking IDs at the gate?

5- There is no information on Fastpasses on disney website or AAA (atleast I couldn't fine any). Any pointers will be appreciated.

6- With just 11 days left, I don't know if its a good idea to have them ship the tickets or use "will call". The hotel I am staying at also sells tickets at the same price as that on the website (like 5-day adult hopper pass for $179). My local Costco (in San Francisco area) doesn't have City Passes either...only online. There are people selling used hopper passes with some days left on Craigslist but am not sure they will be valid. Don't want to ruin the vacation for me and the wife.

Thanks a bunch for reading!

I numbered your questions...

1. No
2. A single ticket which can be used 5 times.
3. Sometimes.
4. Rarely.
5. Darkbeer has an EXCELLENT post on how to use Fastpass, perhaps he will repost it soon, I thought it was a sticky!
6. Use will call, don't use Craigs List. I wouldn't risk it.

Bolivar
12-11-2006, 01:55 PM
My local Costco (in San Francisco area) doesn't have City Passes either...only online.
You talk about 5 day park hoppers and then the City Pass. Just to make sure things are clear: The City Pass is a three day park hopper, one day at Univeral, one at Sea World and one at the San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park.

If that is what you want you can buy that at Disneyland or any of the parks it is good for. Costco is just $25 cheaper.

I got City Passes in August and when I went to Costco (in Novato) I was told that they don't have them in the store and that I had to go to Costco online to get them. I walked out of the store and for some reason turned around, went back in and asked someone else. He got them for me and I bought them right there in the store. It was the Customer Service desk that told me the store didn't have them and a clerk in the store who knew where they were. Just telling you this in case you want to try again.

I have to tell you though that if I had the trip to do over I would do 5 day park hoppers instead of the City Pass. But that is because we went for 5 days and running from park to park and never resting took its toll. And we have young kids and Universal is terrible for young kids. Also we did Disneyland first and the San Diego parks were anticlimactic. I would do the other parks first and end with Disney.

Katlovett
12-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Bolivar is 100% right about doing the other parks first and ending with Disneyland. We took our 1 1/2 year old and 4 year old for their first trip to Southern California last mid-September. The smartest thing we ever did was go to the San Diego Zoo 1st (least exciting) then Legoland 2nd (next least exciting) then California Adventure then Disneyland (most exciting). That way, everything just got better and better.

Also, we took my adult daughter who is in the military along with us. The military discount on tickets was the best I've found anywhere; currently 3-day parkhoppers cost $112.50 and 5-day parkhoppers cost $132.50. http://www.uscg.mil/mlcpac/iscalameda/mwr/Ticket-Prices.html

I would also suggest that you purchase keep the parkhoppers stored in a nice and dry ziplock bag so that they stay intact and usable. Or if you want something more attractive, I think that Disneyland sells official parkhopper covers/pouches.

Katprint

Califgirl
12-12-2006, 09:16 AM
Be leary of using already activated Park Hoppers. Most of them are only good for 13 days from first use.

Enjoy your trip to Disneyland!