PDA

View Full Version : Outside food delivery to DLH/PPH

lbrackjo
12-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Anyone had experience bringing in Pizza etc. delivery into the Resort Hotels? If so who delivers from nearby?

Malcon10t
12-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Anyone had experience bringing in Pizza etc. delivery into the Resort Hotels? If so who delivers from nearby?A lot of places deliver, but you will have to meet them in the lobby.

Rockchalker
12-11-2006, 02:06 PM
Last Feb. we had a Chinese restaurant and a pizza place (Pizza Hut?) deliver to our door in the Sierra Towers.

TikiGeek
12-12-2006, 09:01 AM
We were always told that they cannot deliver to the rooms. :confused:

We have had pizza and P.F. Chang's delivered - they both came to the front desk and the desk called our room.

honeymoon @disney
12-12-2006, 09:50 AM
While we're on the topic, maybe you can tell me if anywhere around Disneyland has those little chinese food containers that you always see on tv. You know, the little boxes? I'm from Canada, and haven't found a place that has them. Do they even exist? Thanks!

Bytebear
12-12-2006, 10:23 AM
If you mean as a chinese food doggie bag, pretty much any chinese restaurant uses those boxes for take out. If you mean to take home and use, I would suggest "Smart and Final", which is a party and kitchen outlet store. They should have the boxes for sale as just boxes. Also, I saw some ceramic boxes for sell at "Cost Plus: World Market", which were basically a coffee cup in the shape of the chinese box.

Tinkerbell02
12-12-2006, 01:19 PM
You can also get those chinese take out boxes at Michaels, which is an arts and crafts store. There is a Michael's near the Character Warehouse store, if I remember correctly it's in the same shopping center. Anyways, they sell them in all different colors and designs, I think they are like a dollar for each one.

Wavesprite!
12-12-2006, 01:33 PM
We were just at the Paradise Pier and we asked at the Guest Services counter for pizza places and they gave us a pre-printed card with about 7 choices. We ordered from one of them, and then had to meet them in the lobby. I'm sure they have the same for Chinese.

Bytebear
12-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Before ordering any take out, make sure you talk to someone at the hotel honestly about the quality of the food, or if they have gotten complaints. We were in San Diego and checked into a hotel where the key cards had advertising for a local pizza place. We ended up not happy with the accomodations and went to another hotel. Well, at that hotel, we saw fliers warning not to order from the very same pizza place because guests had complained about the food. Chinese food and pizza are the two foods that are either hit or miss, depending on the individual kitchen.

5jw
03-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Looking for a list of good restaurants to potentially deliver dinner to us at the Disneyland Hotel. Sometimes we just get tired of eating out...or we want something like ethnic food!

Thanks.

Disneynerd
03-20-2007, 12:44 PM
I was just about to post the same question! Hope somebody knows.....

mask41
03-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Wow, PF Chang's delivers to area hotels - yeah!! If anyone has any further information (confirmation) I would really appreciate it - that sure would be a great dinner to have in the room some night.
Thanks,
Amy

mask41
03-20-2007, 01:02 PM
I just did a search on PF Chang's website for a location near DL and couldn't tell which one would service the DL area - can someone fill me in?
Thanks,
Amy

potterphreak
03-20-2007, 01:44 PM
I just did a search on PF Chang's website for a location near DL and couldn't tell which one would service the DL area - can someone fill me in?
Thanks,
Amy

I second this!! Going in April and would LOVE some Changs delivery!!

mamatojade
03-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks,
Amy

Yes, please!! I also need to know this information - I love PF Changs!

Malcon10t
03-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks,
AmyLooking at the CA list and none look close enough to do delivery. Hopefully Tiki will be kind enough to tell everyone.

Disneynerd
03-21-2007, 05:06 AM
I found 2 PF Changs. One in Torrence and one in Riverside. Anyone know what's closer?

Malcon10t
03-21-2007, 05:47 AM
I found 2 PF Changs. One in Torrence and one in Riverside. Anyone know what's closer?I would think the one in Newport Beach would be, but still not close enough for delivery.

stan4d_steph
03-22-2007, 07:10 AM
I would think the one in Newport Beach would be, but still not close enough for delivery.There's one at the Irvine Spectrum. That might be close enough.

Disneynerd
03-22-2007, 08:22 AM
:crying: I just spoke to a gentleman at the PF Changs at Irvine Spectrum. He says no PF Changs deliver. Carry-out only.

mask41
03-22-2007, 08:23 AM
Okay, if no PF Chang's, how about other delivery restaurants to area hotels -would love some recommendations (or places to avoid)!!

Disneynerd
03-22-2007, 09:09 AM
I wish we could get a hold of the menus that are placed in off-site hotel rooms. That would be a huge plus. I wonder if I called an off-site hotel, they could give me a quick list. What are some of the hotels in the area that are particularily accomodating? I'll do some calling around when the kids go down for their nap.

mask41
03-22-2007, 09:13 AM
I've called the folks at the Marriott Residence Inn Maingate several times and they have been extremely friendly and helpful each time!
-Amy

Disneynerd
03-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestion mask41!

I talked to Grant at the Residence Inn in Anaheim. He said the following places deliver to their hotel.

Grand China: 714 - 740 - 1888

Broadway Pizza: 714 - 999 - 8818

Papa Johns (my personal fav): 714 - 991 - 7272

But here's the icing on the cake (or so to speak:geek: ). I called the GCH (which is where I'm staying in t minus 9 days) and Paige said that the front desk CM will be happy to provide us with a list of places that deliver upon check-in. Many CM's order their own personal lunch or dinner while at work, so they will have suggestions as well. Then she said she was looking forward to seeing us at the end of the month and to have a GRAND day. Get it? Grand? Grand Californian? Sorry, I'm a nerd. She also confirmed that guests staying at PP and the DLH will be provided with the same info.
This is why I love Disneyland. :)