PDA

View Full Version : Sad AP Question

dac1997
12-10-2006, 10:12 PM
I have a question that I hate to ask, but I have too. My sister and brother in law have been pass holders for several years. Well my Brother in law passed away the Sunday after thanksgiving. My question, actually my sister's question, is whether or not Disney offers any kind of "money back" offer in the case of death. My sister isnt expecting her money back, but she was just curious. If anybody here has any info, we would appreciate it.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-10-2006, 10:15 PM
First of all, I am SO sorry about your family's loss. How terrible. :(

I'd call DL tomorrow and ask them. Since it's not been that long since it was issued, maybe with a death certificate they can do something for her. I sure hope they can...she's already been through enough.

Again, I am so sorry.

jcruise86
12-10-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm sorry about your brother-in-law!
I've already prayed for him, for your sister, and for the rest of your family.

janell
12-11-2006, 11:41 AM
I'm sorry about your brother in law and you sister.

Not sure if you would like this idea. Maybe Disney will let you or someone one else use your bother in laws pass. You would have to get the photo re-taken and the info changed. That way when your sister wants to go to Disneyland she has someone to go with and it wont take the place of her husband, but it might help her.

Again, I am sorry.

dac1997
12-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the responses and the thoughts and prayers. She is going to go down this week and find out what her options are. Feel free to continue responding if anyone has any more info. Thanks again.

West Covina Dave
12-11-2006, 11:59 AM
I went through this a number of years ago. My dad passed away and my mom just wanted to know if she could transfer the parking to her pass. When we talked to guest services, they not only transfered the parking to my mom's pass, they gave her a partial refund on the pass. The way the calculated the refund was by multiplying the number of visits my dad had made on the pass by the then day rate and subtracting that from the original cost of the pass. This was before park hopper tickets, so now I assume they would use the price of the 1 day park hopper tickets as the day price.

Sorry about your loss!