PDA

View Full Version : Monorail reopening has been delayed until at least December 21st

Darkbeer
12-10-2006, 08:38 PM
Well, the construction to the Monorail Station and surrounding area has caused a delay in the Monorail reopening, as the CM's who work the attraction have been told that no shifts will be available, and that they need to work other attractions for another week.

So it looks like the 21st or the 22nd will have the return of the Monorails....

JohnGar
12-11-2006, 11:57 AM
Hey, I was just going to post that as well. We talked to a CM on Sunday who said the Monorail delays were also due to OSHA asking for some tweaks to the cars. That was expected, but if the station isn't ready, no use on rushing through the fixes.

The CM, who works out of the roundhouse, also told us (and not sure if anyone can confirm this) that the bodies of the Monorails are NOT new, but refurbished. We knew the undercarriages were being refurbished, but thought there would be new bodies on top, a la Mark 7s. New bodies will come in 2008 or 2009 and be rolled out at the same time the new attraction on the PeopleMover track is unveiled. She said all the Monorail support beams have been checked and necessary fixes made (cracks and such) and they all have a new coat of paint. And the People Mover track over the Submarine Lagoon also has been cleaned up and painted (and you know how some people get when they start a project: They have to finish it!)

sierranevada
12-15-2006, 04:51 PM
I am so bummed! We arrived in August at the DLH on the day they shut down and now, we are going next week and they won't be reopened! I picked the DLH again thinking we would get to use the monorail this time. :(