PDA

View Full Version : Q about Indian Jones

Kimi_Coconuts
05-23-2002, 09:50 PM
For anyone who knows, why do they not allow riders to leave a middle seat empty, but it must be an end seat? On a recent trip I asked and they said it was for balance and safety ??? I thought it to be a strange answer.

Nigel2
05-23-2002, 09:54 PM
Probably because the part you ride in is balanced on hydraulics and that probably balances the load.

Uncle Dick
05-23-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Kimi_Coconuts
For anyone who knows, why do they not allow riders to leave a middle seat empty, but it must be an end seat? On a recent trip I asked and they said it was for balance and safety ??? I thought it to be a strange answer.
That wasn't always the case… It seems to have come along with a rash of new safety procedures (like standing up to see if your seat belt works). I encountered the same problem a few weeks ago while riding single. They left the Driver's seat open. :crying:.

Disneylandman
05-24-2002, 12:03 AM
Yeah that really makes me mad. Why on earth would they do that? I purposly sit on the edge when I get on because that is the part that gets the most movement. I reallly makes no since to me. Balance should not be an issue.

coronamouseman
05-24-2002, 06:29 PM
There might be some manual on how to operate the Indiana Jones ride that specifies how to arrange passengers when you don't have a full 12-person compliment so that the ride incurrs minimum wear and tear and/or optimal performance and it is only now that some supervisor or manager probably decided to follow that procedure to the letter

Or it could just be that someone in management decided that was the new policy (less likely that objects will fall out of the car from someone sitting in a center seat or some other reason of either importance or non-importance)

At least at DLR we have Indy - poor folks in WDW are stuck with the far less desirable "Dinosaur/CTX" version ............

Durliin
05-26-2002, 01:30 PM
Its becasue about a month ago Inspectors came into the attraction didnt like how it was run so they told managment that they want all guests to move down to the end of the rows no empty seats inbetween castmember to buckle all unocupied seats that way all the indicator lights come on then have the guests pull on there seatbelts and try to stand up to make sure there locked in... its something that we all at Indy think is a Bad policy to enforce and upsets people and also lowers our counts with the taking longer to dispatch Transports the state wants to make more then sure your nice and safe now....

Gemini Cricket
05-26-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Durliin
Its becasue about a month ago Inspectors came into the attraction didnt like how it was run so they told managment that they want all guests to move down to the end of the rows no empty seats inbetween castmember to buckle all unocupied seats that way all the indicator lights come on then have the guests pull on there seatbelts and try to stand up to make sure there locked in...
Actually, this answer makes sense to me. It's easier to see who's not buckled up if the bulk of the guests are all sitting in a clump together on one side. If there's a lot of spaces, it would be easy to skip a guest who is not buckled in.