PDA

View Full Version : Scot Bruce (Elvis impersonator) at Disneyland

potzbie
12-09-2006, 11:35 AM
A tiny trip report. -- Fri. 12/08/06.

• The fabulous Scot Bruce "Tribute to Elvis" put on the best show at Tomorrowland Terrace (formerly CLUB BUZZ)!
I stood near the stage and sang along! I was doing what Chuck Berry might have recommended, that is, "I was hoppin' and a-boppin'; reelin' and a-rockin'!" I might go again Sat. or Sun., it was that good. I had a smile on face the whole two sets, and I wished I had gotten to DL earlier to see the first two sets.

• I ate at Red Rocket's Pizza Port.
I had their Chinese chicken salad. (I forget its "space age" name which Disney gives its food. :rolleyes: ) and their spaghetti with marinara sauce and huge meatballs (its space age name was something like "Mars-in-ara sauce" :rolleyes: )
(What do they want a guest to do? Order by their fancy made-up name? Okay, I will. "Gimme a Huck Finn, two Jims, three Sydneys, one Widow Douglas on the side, and a couple of Injun Joes to go," at RIVERBELLE TERRACE. :rolleyes: )

• I saw the new edition of the Christmas fireworks, "Believe ... In Holiday Magic" Fireworks Spectacular (Presented by Honda).
I admit it, I "ooh'd" and "ah'd about a dozen times! I said, "How'd they do that?" about three times. I got a kick when some of the "snow" finally floated toward me (in the Plaza Gardens, on the bridge.)

• Droplets of rain fell on my head when I was walking toward the exit.
I should have worn a hoodie instead of my newer, warmer fleece zip-up. Goes to show you. -- Murphy's Law strikes again. I almost always wear a hoodie when I plan to stay late at DL, and the night I don't is the night when I needed an little something to keep rain off my face.
(No doubt about it! -- We gotta find this Murphy guy and stop him before he strikes again!) :mad: ;)

disney jones
12-10-2006, 10:56 AM
we saw him Friday (Sets 2 & 3) and Saturday (Set 1). Saturday's Set 1 was the same as Friday's Set 2 and then it was also cut short by rain and we had to head home.

it's an excellent show!!! - ever since i saw this on the schedule for our Christmas trip, i was excited about the DDs being able to see the King. His last night is tonight and indeed, it's worth a trip (but then again most every thing at DLR is too)

blewellen
12-10-2006, 10:18 PM
Scot Bruce puts on a great show. The best set is his last at 10pm. Well, at least it is my favorite set. I saw him Friday and Saturday. Darn rain!! We held out till about 10:10pm hoping the rain would stop.. Grr! I always stand in the front middle of the stage with all his groupies. ;-) Till next time!

potzbie
12-11-2006, 04:25 PM
The "best" time to see the band at TOMORROWLAND TERRACE is the set after the fireworks, i.e., 10:00 p.m., because as the stage rises, you see, typically, MICKEY MOUSE, MINNIE MOUSE, PLUTO, and/or other characters, right there with the band. The characters then go out on the dance floor for photo ops and for ad hoc dancing partners.

This is true for all bands, apparently, not just Scot Bruce.

"And a good time was had by all." -- potzbie :)

"God bless us, every one." -- the little dickens :)