PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic! Lyrics

zapppop
05-29-2001, 03:58 PM
Someone asked recently what are the lyrics to Fantasmic!.

I'm pretty sure this is correct

The lyrics to Fantasmic! are :

Imagination
Dream a fantastic dream
Use your imagination

See it in your mind
And you can find
In your imagination
Mysteries and Magic
Visions fantastic
Leading to strange and Wonderous dreams

See it in your mind
And you can find
In your imagination
Tales of enchantment
Beauty and romance
Happily ever after

See it in your mind
And you will find
In your imagination
Mysteries and magic
Visions fantastic
Leading to strange and wonderous dreams
Dreams are make believe
but could they call come true ?

In your Imagination

In your Imagination

Deep in your mind
It's magic you'll find
When out of the night
The forces ignite
To blind you with frightening speed
You use your might
To brighten the light
creating a night of wonderous dreams

http://2000.disneylandparis.com/uk/explore_disneyland_paris/the_disneyland_park/images/mickey.jpg

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH ? HA HA !

JRob2k1
05-29-2001, 04:05 PM
Sounds right to me!

I'll go listen to the CD to make sure though!

JRob

Andrew
05-30-2001, 04:54 PM
-10:00 ANNOUNCER:
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls. The thrilling spectacle of Fantasmic! is now just ten minutes away. So that you may more fully enjoy Fantasmic!, the lights surrounding the Rivers of America will be dimmed. For your own safety, and that of others, we request that you remain in the same area until the lights return to normal. Also of the comfort and safety of those around you, we ask that you refrain from smoking before and during the performance, as well as taking any flash photography. Now, get ready for the sensation you'll never forget -- Fantasmic! Starting in just ten minutes.

-5:00 Band concludes their set.

0:00 FEMALE VOICE:
Welcome to Fantasmic! Tonight, your friend and host Mickey Mouse uses his vivid imagination to create magical imagery for oll to enjoy. Nothing is more wonderful than the imagination. For, in a moment, you can experience a beautiful fantasy. Or, an exciting adventure! But beware -- nothing is more powerful than the imagination. For it can also expand your greatest fears into an overwhelming nightmare. Are the powers of Mickey's incredible imagination strong enough, and bright enough, to withstand the evil forces that invade Mickey's dreams? You are about to find out. For we now invite you to join Mickey, and experience Fantasmic! -- a journey beyond your wildest imagination.

0:35 FX: Synth-chord, five spotlights pointing straight up from stage left

0:40 FX: Tower spotlights rotating and strobing

0:53 FX: Tower spotlights focus on stage left, where MICKEY has just appeared.

0:54 - 1:57 MICKEY does his signature dance.
FX: Water fountains to the front, left, and right of the stage.

1:57 MICKEY takes a stance at the top of the stage, pointing first to the left, then to the right.
FX: Fireworks shoot from his hands.

2:03 MICKEY passes his left arm over his head.
FX: A firework flares out following his gesture.

2:24 FX: On a music cue, three fireworks flare up, then three more.

2:46 FX: On a music cue, splash effects from the mist screens.

3:10 - 4:00 FEMALE SINGER:
See it... in your mind... and you can find... in your imagination... mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wonderous dreams.
FX: Mist screen shows flowers from Fantasia

4:01 - 5:12 KING LOUIE and his entourage pass on three floats.

4:22 FX: KAA's eyes light up.

5:13 MALE SINGER:
Yeah!

5:13 MUSIC/FX: Pink Elephants On Parade from Dumbo

5:33 - 5:40 MALE SINGER with CHORUS:
Look out... Look out... Ha!

5:47 MALE SINGER:
Pachyderm!

5:54 FX: Elephant trumpeting sound

5:54 - 6:01 MALE SINGER:
They're here... they're there... oh no, look out, they're everywhere!

6:05 FX: Pinnochio and dancer puppets appear onstage.

6:40 - 7:20 FX: Mist screen comes up with Jiminy Cricket underwater.

7:27 - 7:51 FX: Monstro on the mist screen.

7:33 - 7:50 FX: On several music cues, splash effects from the mist screens.

7:58 MICKEY:
Help... whoa!
FX: MICKEY flowing downstream from Fantasia.

8:22 FX: Spectacular CANNON SHOT as the Columbia appears.

8:23 - 10:56 PIRATE:
Peter Pan ahoy!
FX: PETER does his rooster call.
HOOK:
Swoggle me eyes, it is Pan! Look alive, you swabs!
MR SMEE:
All hands on deck!
WENDY:
Oh Peter, do be careful!
HOOK:
Come down, boy, if you've a taste for cold steel!
FX: PETER laughs.
HOOK:
Blast this hook!
FX: PETER laughs
PETER:
Whoa, haha!
HOOK:
Scurvy brat!
PIRATES:
Going somewhere? Let's string him up! I'm gonna make you walk the plank! I'll feed you to the sharks!
FX: PIRATES laughing
HOOK:
Double the powder and shorten the fuse!
MR SMEE:
Shorten the powder, and double the fuse.
FX: CANNON fires again, PIRATE screams and falls from rigging.
WENDY:
Oh how dreadful!
PETER:
Watch this, Wendy!
MR SMEE:
Cap'n... Cap'n Hook!
FX: PIRATES grunt and make strange noises.
HOOK:
Get up, you idiot!
MR SMEE:
Aye-aye, sir!
HOOK:
I'll get you for this, Pan, if it's the last thing I do!
PIRATES:
Get over there! Don't give us no trouble!
WENDY:
Peter!
HOOK:
I've got you this time! I've waited years for this!
PETER:
Look, you codfish! Here!
FX: Throughout this sequence, PETER and HOOK swordfight in the rigging of the Columbia.
MR SMEE:
Give it to him, Captain! Lead him through the briskit!
PETER:
You're mine, Hook!
FX: GUN fires
PETER:
Say your prayers, Hook!
HOOK:
Let him have it! Blast him!
PETER:
Ah ah ah!
FX: GUN fires again, PIRATE screams.
WENDY:
Fly, Peter!
HOOK:
Oh, you blithering blockheads! That cursed Peter Pan!
PETER:
I say, Captain, do you hear something?
HOOK:
No! Noooo!
PETER:
Mr Crocodile, do you like codfish? You do?
FX: PETER laughs
HOOK:
Save me, Smee! Save me! Please!
MR SMEE:
I'll save you, Captain!
FX: MR SMEE screams
MR SMEE: (lower)
Oh, dear.
FX: Columbia goes off-stage.

11:00 - 12:50 FEMALE SINGER:
See it... in your mind... and you can find... in your imagination... tales of enchantment, beauty and romance, happily ever after.
FX: Throughout this sequence, BEAUTY and THE BEAST, ARIEL and PRINCE ERIC, and SNOW WHITE and PRINCE CHARMING pass on barges.
MALE SINGER:
Tale as old as time... true as it could be... barely even friends, then somebody bends, unexpectedly... certain as the sun... rising in the East
MALE SINGER is joined by FEMALE SINGER:
Tale as old as time, song as old as rhyme, Beauty and the Beast.
FEMALE SINGER:
What would I give... if I could live out of these waters?
MALE SINGER:
In your imagination...
FEMALE SINGER:
What would I pay... to spend the day... warm on the sand?
MALE SINGER:
Dream a fantastic dream...
FEMALE SINGER:
Betcha on land, they understand, that they don't reprimand their daughters... bright young women, sick of swimming, ready to stand...
FEMALE SINGER is joined by MALE SINGER:
Ready to stand...
FEMALE SINGER:
Someday, my prince will come...
FEMALE SINGER is joined by MALE SINGER:
Someday, we'll find true love...
FEMALE SINGER:
Tale as old as time...
MALE SINGER:
Song as old as rhyme...

12:55 - 13:53 EVIL QUEEN:
Slave in the Magic Mirror... come from the farthest space... through wind and darkness I summon thee... Speak!
FX: Thunder
MIRROR:
Famed is thy beauty, Majesty, but hold; three lovelier maids I see, and hear, in Mickey's imagination. Beauty and Love will always survive.
EVIL QUEEN:
No!
FX: EVIL QUEEN runs around on stage, then goes to the Cauldron which has just appeared at stage left. During her next speech, pyrotechnic flashes appear at points designated by asterisks.
EVIL QUEEN: (continuing)
A magic spell in the black of night, * with a scream of fright, *
FX: scream
* and a bolt of light
FX: The light towers on stage strobe for a few seconds.
* turn my hair to white!
FX: More flashes and fireworks as EVIL QUEEN becomes the WICKED WITCH from Snow White.

14:03 - 14:19 WICKED WITCH:
Now, I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic!
FX: WICKED WITCH laughs
WICKED WITCH: (continuing)
Imagine this!
FX: WICKED WITCH laughs

14:22 - 14:30 WICKED WITCH:
Magic Mirror, on the wall, all the forces of Evil I call...

14:31 - 15:39 MIRROR:
You have... the power...
FX: WICKED WITCH merges with MIRROR
MIRROR/WICKED WITCH: (continuing) to control his mind!
FX: WICKED WITCH/MIRROR laughs and becomes URSULA's face
URSULA:
Oh yes! How exciting! Let's do it!
FX: extended laughing from URSULA
FX: The inflatable Ursula appears on the river from stage right and passes the AUDIENCE.
URSULA:
Hellooo... (singing) I admit that in the past I've been a Nasty; they weren't kidding when they called me, well, a witch... (speaking) hmm... Beluga Sevruga indeed! Ursula will take matters into her own tentacles! Ha! How nice! Mickey Mouse's mind... will be mine! And then I'll make him writhe... I'll see him wriggle like a worm on a hook! To belong... to me... to obey my every whim! Why not, let's do it!

16:43 FX: On a music cue, pyrotechnic flare on stage right.

16:48 - 16:58 FX: The flash and smoke clear to reveal MALEFICIENT from Sleeping Beauty on stage right, and MICKEY as the Brave Little Tailor on stage left.
MALEFICIENT:
Now you will deal with me, and all the powers of MY imagination!
MICKEY:
Oh no!
FX: Another bright pyrotechnic flash.

16:59 - 17:39 FX: MALEFICIENT laughs wildly as the screen shows her growing to giant stature, then changing into a fire-breathing DRAGON.

17:40 WICKED WITCH: (cackling)
Imagination!
FX: URSULA laughs.
FX: CHERNABOG growls.
FX: DRAGON laughs.

17:59 FX: DRAGON continues to laugh.
FX: Screen clears to reveal the huge DRAGON menacing MICKEY.

18:16 FX: On a music cue, the DRAGON breathes fire at MICKEY, and the rivers ignite.

18:17 - 18:35 FX: Fire burns on the Rivers of America, getting closer and closer to the AUDIENCE.

18:36 - 19:11 MICKEY:
You may think you're so powerful... well, this is MY dream!
FX: MICKEY shoots a bolt of energy from his sword at the dragon, who reels back, writhes in agony, and dies. The screens pop up again, showing the evil characters dying in reverse order: MALEFICIENT, CHERNABOG, URSULA, WICKED WITCH, EVIL QUEEN.

19:12 FX: Symbolizing the destruction of evil, a white firework blast explodes onstage.

19:19 - 19:38 FX: The screens come up and TINKERBELL flutters about, dropping pixie dust three times.

19:39 - 20:07 FX: The "Stage Ninjas" appear at the top of the stage and wave their fiber optic wands.
(Note: This segment is no longer used. Instead spotlights highlight the approaching Mark Twain.)

20:08 - 21:58 CHORUS:
See it... in your mind, and you will find, in your imagination... mysteries and magic, visions fantastic, leading to strange and wondrous dreams. Dreams, of make believe, but will they all come true...
FX: With a burst of light the Mark Twain appears, covered with Disney characters and with MICKEY as Steamboat Willie at the wheel. The boat passes from stage left around the rivers to stage right and proceeds offstage. The characters on the boat are doing an elaborate routine with ribbon wands.
(the chorus takes a 15 second break, then continues)
CHORUS:
In your imagination... in your imagination... deep in your mind it's magic you'll find, when out of the night dark forces ignite, to blind you with frightening schemes; you use your might to fight in the light, creating a night of wondrous dreams...

21:58 - 22:43 FX: MICKEY as the Sorcerer's Apprentice appears at the top of the mill at the rear of the stage. Lasers and fireworks fill the sky in a spectacular finale.

22:44 FX: With a flash of pyrotechnic sparks, MICKEY vanishes from the top of the mill and reappears, in his tuxedo outfit, at his original position at stage left.

22:48 MICKEY:
Some imagination, huh?
FX: MICKEY laughs
FX: MICKEY vanishes in a flash of light, and the show is over!

Legal mumbo-jumbo:
FANTASMIC, the FANTASMIC script, and all related characters, lyrics, and other content are copyright Disney. This transcription of the FANTASMIC script was based on repeated FANTASMIC viewings and repeated playing of the FANTASMIC CD, and is copyright (c) Andrew Rich/Project Insomnia. Several people helped me with the transcription, and they know who they are. :D

Napsto
05-30-2001, 05:37 PM
wow

KevAct1
06-03-2001, 08:44 AM
um . . . you have way too much time on your hands. But, thanks! I have the soundtrack, but I've never seen the show, so now, I kind of have. Hehehe

ODV CM
06-03-2001, 10:26 AM
Having seen it at least 500 times from the popcorn and churro wagons in the area, I know that you forgot some. First of all, after Mickey says "Help! Whoa!", he says "Hey, whats going on? Uh oh." You also forgot the part where Chernabog appears on the water that is sprayed into the air after Ursala and before Malificent. He doesn't say anything, but he does call a bunch of evil spirits to join him, and they make these shrill cries that I think are actually just a tiny bit too scary for this show considering that there isn't exactly a PG rating for it or anything like that.

PirateoftheCaribbean
06-03-2001, 01:51 PM
Dang! Andrew! that was really cool. Did you memorize that, or get it from a CM, or something?

Sorry. That just impressed me!:eek:

awinner
07-02-2002, 10:32 PM
so I guess you have seen Fantasmic more than once? lol

Andrew
07-02-2002, 10:38 PM
There were a few years where I was there every weekday night during the summer. Hundreds of performances, I'm sure.

Mad Hatter
07-02-2002, 11:33 PM
just saw fantasmic tonight and the fiber optic ninjas are still there!:D

Rallymonkey23
07-03-2002, 12:18 AM
Yeah, thats about the ONLY part Andrew got wrong! :D

danyoung
07-03-2002, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
.....You use your might
To brighten the light
creating a night of wonderous dreams
[/B]

Based on my most recent listening (just seconds ago) of the sound track, I'm hearing "you use your might to fight in the night."

Nice thread - I'm THREE DAYS away from my next visit - can't wait!!!!!!

IloveDL
07-05-2002, 10:57 AM
Dang! I should have thought to check the message boards first. I was trying to figure out the lyrics a few days ago, and could have saved myself from having to play my CD over and over (no that I minded, of course).

LIMANDL4EVA
07-05-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Mad Hatter
just saw fantasmic tonight and the fiber optic ninjas are still there!:D
i mentioned this awhile back and nody seemed to reply, but i noticed those and thought they were a cheap but cool addition to the show, but have they always been there or is it just me?
its really cool how they change colors to the beat of the music