PDA

View Full Version : What is the first thing you do after getting in the gates at Disneyland?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DisneyPrincessCat
12-09-2006, 10:32 AM
What does everyone do FIRST after getting into the Disneyland Park....you've gone through the turnstles and walked under the train bridge and now you are standing in the Main Street Circle....what do YOU like to do first...

Mine is head for Pirates or IF we see any characters, get in line for autographs and pictures....then
FOOD
susi-Q:geek:

disneyperson
12-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Dance a little.

potzbie
12-09-2006, 10:58 AM
I am an Annual Passholder, so I go often enough to have an agenda for a thing which is new or a thing which I want to check out, and just go do it.

I was at DL yesterday (Fri. 12/08/06), to see SCOT BRUCE do his Elvis Presley show at Tomorrowland Terrace (formerly Club Buzz). It was a great show! I saw two sets!

Sometimes the "agenda" is food. I remember last year i wanted to try a new item at Zocalo Del Rancho. One time, thanks to the MousePlanet regulars, I wanted to try the Main Street corn dog, and the Main Street turkey leg. Before that, the Dole Whip was the thing on my wish list.

Next time I go, it will be for (1.) The Blue Bayou, to "test" the new menu; (2.) try the "goat trick" on Thunder Mountain Railroad; (3.) See the "missing" apple in the queue line of SNOW WHITE'S SCARY ADVENTURES.
Hey! Let me give YOU an assignment! -- In the FANTASYLAND Mad Hatter shop (next to the Tea Cups) there is a mirror above the sales counter where the Cheshire Cat appears -- and disappears. Go check it out! :)

DisneyPrincessCat
12-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Thanks Potzbie, we will definitely check out that mirror on our Christmas trip in 13 DAYS!!!!!!!!! Dec 22nd-Dec 26th, I made a promise to all of you to check out Haunted Mansion Holiday since I have NEVER been on that adventure. That will be one of the first on the agenda this trip! Also, I forgot to add, WHEN we have ressies at Plaza for character breakfast, that is where we go first.
sues:geek:

futurecm21
12-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Hmm... That is an interesting question. I usually arrive at Disneyland at the begining of the day, right after they open, and I head imeadiately to the rides I think are best to get through early and avoid the lines. These are usually the Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Rafts to Tom Sawyers Island, or Big Thunder Mountain. However nothing, I repeat nothing, beats walking right though Sleeping Beauty Castle and spending time in Fantasyland. I tend to reserve food and relaxation for the later portion of the day.:cool:
futurecm21

DangerMouse
12-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Peter Pan first.

Always Peter Pan first!

momuvseven
12-09-2006, 01:27 PM
Sorry to be a bore but we head for the bathrooms behind the bank first because there is usually no waiting, the toilets don't flush automatically and scare the living daylights out of small children and the are generally clean. After that we have an agenda and it is different every time. If it is not an EE day and we are there for rope drop then Peter Pan and Fantasyland are first. On EE days we usually head for POTC. Returning in the afternoon we head to whatever we think will be slowest or if it is busy we go and use our fastpasses that we have collected earlier in the day.

olegc
12-09-2006, 04:30 PM
cup of coffee at Market House - Free refills ALL DAY!!!!!

rentayenta
12-09-2006, 05:02 PM
We rent a stroller. :)

Pirate Lover
12-09-2006, 05:03 PM
We all ride pirates together. :)

tod
12-09-2006, 05:43 PM
you are standing in the Main Street Circle

"Main Street circle"?

--t

DangerMouse
12-09-2006, 05:49 PM
"Main Street circle"?

--t

Oh, come on Tod. Take it easy on a newbie.

Instead of making fun, you could always choose to educate.

Susi, it's called "the Hub". :D

DisneyPrincessCat
12-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Thanks Dangermouse. It is a circle at the beginning of Main Street, I thought the Hub was where the statue is, in front of the Castle. Oh well, I AM learning. I have always loved everything Disney, just never had a place to talk about it with other Disneyphiles til I found MP and I am learning all the abbreviations for everything and the names of everything. I have always just called it the Main Street circle. I AM a newbie, wasn't everyone at one time????;) .
sues:geek:

Pirate Princess
12-09-2006, 08:19 PM
I thought the Hub was where the statue is, in front of the Castle
It is... but I have no idea what you'd call the circle you are talking about.. and I have been on this board since Feb of 2003 (although I didn't sign up to be a member until the date posted under my name).

darph nader
12-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Eastside,Weatside. When I walk thru either tunnel,I think (to myself) "Hey I'm back,did you miss me? I sure missed you".:cool:

tod
12-09-2006, 09:22 PM
Oh, come on Tod. Take it easy on a newbie.

Instead of making fun, you could always choose to educate.

Susi, it's called "the Hub". :D

Maybe it's called "The Hub," or, more formally, "The Plaza." (Note: Plaza Pavilion, Plaza Inn, Carnation Plaza Gardens.)

Or, maybe, Susi means what the rest of us call "Town Square," which you enter from the tunnels and has City Hall, the Opera House, and the Main Street Station around it.

I was asking.

--t

Pirate Princess
12-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Or, maybe, Susi means what the rest of us call "Town Square," which you enter from the tunnels and has City Hall, the Opera House, and the Main Street Station around it.
Is that what it's called? Ya learn something new everyday.
I always say, "Meet me by the Main Street Station" if I am referring to that area.

Bytebear
12-09-2006, 11:39 PM
Well, that does clear up the original post. I was going to say, the first thing we do is head right to the bathrooms behind the bank, but when she said the "circle", I assumed the hub, and thought she meant, like, which land do you go to first. But now it makes much more sense. I guess I call it Main Street station or the flagpole area, but Town Square makes the most sense.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-10-2006, 12:49 AM
We very slowly work our way down Main Street and get a good look at the castle. Then, we always go to POTC first and ride it.

aricbell
12-10-2006, 08:49 AM
I usually get there at park opening so I go on Space Mountain before there is a long wait:geek:

Leap for Joy
12-10-2006, 08:54 AM
One of us stops to get a locker on Mainstreet while the other gets Space Mountain fastpasses. Then we meet at Peter Pan for our first ride.

The old man
12-10-2006, 10:48 AM
What's the second thing?
Third
Fourth
Fifth
Sixth...

DisneyPrincessCat
12-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I DO mean the first circle you get to when you walk under the train track, Main street square, whatever you call it. I did NOT mean the Hub which I do know the name of, that branches off to all the lands.....So the circle at the beginning of Main Street, I have always called The Main Street Circle, or Townsquare, either one.....Hey Old Man, What do you do second, third fourth, fifth.....? I always found it very interesting where people decided to start their day in the Magic Kingdom...everyone IS different and has different likes. Thanks all for helping a newbie out....Been going there all my life, but NEVER had the opportunity to discuss this major love of Disneyland with anyone as into it as I have been, at least not in my circle of family and friends, now I feel like I found a place where everyone understands that special affection for the MOST WONDERFUL PLACE IN THE WORLD!!!!! I love DL best, like WDW alot.
thanks, sues:geek:

kisroo
12-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Whatever strikes our fancy. Sometimes, it's Splash. Sometimes, it's Pirates. Sometimes, it's Peter Pan.

This next trip? I have a feeling we'll be doing Pirates to see the changes first.

If our first morning is an early entry? We'll be heading over to the "new" Space Mountain. We haven't ridden it together since it's reopened. :eek:

~kisroo:)

tod
12-10-2006, 11:50 AM
I DO mean the first circle you get to when you walk under the train track, Main street square, whatever you call it. I did NOT mean the Hub which I do know the name of, that branches off to all the lands.....So the circle at the beginning of Main Street, I have always called The Main Street Circle, or Townsquare, either one.....

That would be "Town Square." But you never know, "Main Street Circle" may catch on. "The Hub" did. Although Town Square is square, and the island in the middle is kinda triangular, and so is the loop of track for the Streetcars.

Personally, I like to stroll up Main Street, slowly, hitting the Magic Shop, the Music Shop, Disneyana, New Century Timepieces, Disney Clothiers and the Candy Palace before anything else. If the Disneyland Band is playing a morning concert, this can be delayed for as long as an hour.

After that, I trust to chance and instinct. I've been on everything and most of my rituals (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=948402&postcount=24) have fallen by the wayside, so I look for the evanescent things that only happen once. Guest-character interactions. People-watching. Observing the trains from the Frontierland station and watching them take on water from the water tank. Taking a leisurely trip on the Mark Twain and waving at people. Looking at the window displays. (I learned a lot from the 50th-anniversary windows.) Reading the second-story windows for familiar names.

And, occasionally, finding a short line and hopping on a ride with practically no wait.

--t