PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Withdrawal

Ace
05-23-2002, 07:52 PM
I go to Disneyland about once every 3 months... but that's not enough. Like a druggie in rehab (I'm guessing... I've never been a druggie in rehab) sometime I just need to go to Disneyland... I can only be satisfied by putting on the park CD and looking at "Disneyland-Inside Story." I wish I could get out there more often....

Pirate
05-23-2002, 08:03 PM
I feel ya' Squinky, my AP expired over 6 months ago & I haven't been to The Park since. This is getting ridiculous, I need to re-up! That's almost why I don't post much (Disney section), I'm not even worthy of Park info. I hope life settles down soon & we get back to the routine.
lates, Pirate

AliKzam
05-23-2002, 08:06 PM
I completely sympathize. I usually go once a year. I have a hobby of taking all of my Disneyland soundtracks and making the ultimate Disneyland soundtrack on two-hour tapes. I am also in the process of collecting the miniature Disneyland posters off of Mouseshoppe, slowly (I currently have two). One year ('98) I went five times! How happy was I?

Gemini Cricket
05-23-2002, 08:14 PM
The last time I've been to DL was November 1st or 2nd. It's been tooo long. I need to go back soon. I'm having withdrawls too. I don't even have a lame-o Disney Store around here to get a hit of Disneyness.

"Can't talk, coming down." - Lisa Simpson.

I think I need to make a trip down soon.
:)

Uncle Dick
05-23-2002, 08:20 PM
I totally sympathize. I mean, it's been a whole four days since I visited Disneyland, I won't make it again until the 25 of May. :( At least I have a map of Disneyland hanging in my room so I can always gaze upon it.

tink360
05-23-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
I totally sympathize. I mean, it's been a whole four days since I visited Disneyland, I won't make it again until the 25 of May. :( At least I have a map of Disneyland hanging in my room so I can always gaze upon it.

ooooh that's cruel;)

Ace
05-23-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
you'll pay for this.... I have a Disneyland map in my room, with a Small World poster, Peoplemover Poster, and Flying Saucer Poster under it.

MonorailMan
05-24-2002, 02:13 AM
Wow, I and I thought once a month was a long time. :)

winniepooh
05-24-2002, 07:25 AM
You think you have it tough?
I live in Denmark. My last visit was last year when I had 1 day in Disneyland Paris, my last visit to the real Disneyland was in 2000.
But now I am visiting the park in August.

What is the best Disneyland book, when you are homesick for Disneyland?

Tink
05-24-2002, 10:41 AM
I almost posted this very same thing 2 weeks ago. I've had 6 trips cancelled since November, including my annual 3-day birthday trip which broke my heart.

I was going through serious withdrawal including bouts of depression whenever I saw or heard a commercial for the resort. Our last visit was at the start of September and we try to go every 3 months or so, so I was at least 5 months overdue and miserable. I even missed the Haunted Mansion makeover! Okay, okay enough whining from me....

I'm happy to report that I finally put my foot down and we went last Sunday the 19th. I was so happy to be there that I didn't even mind the crowd - and that says a lot for me!;)

Ace
05-24-2002, 09:45 PM
The book "Disneyland-Inside story" is pretty good. It's about 150 on the internet right now, but it has a lot of stuff about how the park was made and a bunch of big color pictures. It's neat. It came out right before Splash Mountain (luckily it's pages aren't tainted by that evei, evil thing we like to call "Tommorowland '98) so it's not that current.

AliKzam
05-25-2002, 11:19 AM
I have this one souvineer book I've owned since the early 80s. I haven't looked for it, lately, but I always enjoyed it as a kid. It has America Sings in it. I think it's just called Disneyland , and it's rectangular (you know, longways).

944Lifer
05-25-2002, 10:19 PM
Wow, even Pooh from Denmark had been there more recently than I until about 3 weeks ago, when I went for the first time since 1999 (last time before 1999 was in 1997). I gotta say, though...even with all the changes since I had been, it felt like home again. Thank goodness I'll be going much more often now!

As for reading material, if you can still find it (even Amazon doesn't have it, but you can keep your eye open for used copies), I hghly recommend Window on Main Street : 35 Years of Creating Happiness at Disneyland Park by Van Arsdale France (who has a window of his very own). It's a great read!