PDA

View Full Version : AP Question

DisneyLynn
12-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Is it still DL's policy that your first use of a new AP can be on a blockout day? My husband's expired in Sept. and we want to go this Sunday, so if I buy him a So. Cal. Select will he be able to activate and use it on Sunday? Just want to make sure nothing has changed.

Thanks!

Pirate Princess
12-07-2006, 11:34 PM
After much help from people on the board (especially Darkbeer) I did this a couple of weeks ago.
I was stopped at the turnstile everytime I parkhopped (4+ times that day) and they asked me if I purchased my AP today. I said yes and they believed me (only once did they actually look at the cards expiration date.. a year from that day... to verify).
Have fun!!!

ETA: If you have AAA show them when you buy the AP and you get a $10 gift card for each AP purchased.

PanFan
12-08-2006, 03:31 PM
One thing I've done is bought a regular ticket then upgraded at the end of the day. That way you won't be stopped when you parkhop.

Pirate Princess
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
The stopping at the turnstiles took only seconds... just long enough for the question: did you buy your ap today? and the answer: yes.
No biggie.. I wouldn't worry if I were you. Just something to be aware of so you don't freak out when in happens... not to say you are the freaking out type.

DisneyLynn
12-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks everyone. I went ahead and bought my husband a regular So. Calif. one so he's not blocked tomorrow, but I think my parents are getting the select one, they aren't the freak out types, so it should be no biggie.