PDA

View Full Version : Pirates overnight $2500?

Doodle Duck
12-07-2006, 04:03 PM
I know I'm probably last to the party on this but it's the first I heard of it so don't yell at me too loudly but...

Has anybody ever seen the Pirates Suite at the DL Hotel? I was booking a room for January and was chatting with the rep and she mentioned this suite that as she portrayed it is a veritable Museum of Disney Pirate lore with the main bedroom designed to reflect the redhead! $2500 a night...man oh man. Wonder if anyone knows more about this and if anyone has ever had a tour of it.

I have the feeling I'm about to be directed to a bazillion other threads buried in the archives. :)

Thanks
Doug

Malcon10t
12-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Check these links:
http://www.disneylandnews.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=171
http://www.laughingplace.com/Latest.asp?I1=ID&I2=1258

Rascalsfungirl
12-07-2006, 05:42 PM
My husband and I stayed in the Honeymoon suite (free upgrade) during our last stay. The honeymoon suite was right across from the pirate’s room. When we exited out room, we noticed that the door of the pirates’ room was being cleaned and the maids let us look around the suite. It nice and all but not worth the $2500 a night. The room has views the pool side of the Sierra tower on the 11th floor. If you stay on at the concierge/suite, see if they will give you a tour. I noticed that they did give some people tours. Good Luck!

I Heart Disneyland!
12-07-2006, 05:48 PM
So interesting! Thanks for sharing that you saw it. I'd never pay $2500 a night to stay ANYWHERE. That is a whole vacation budget for us!

rentayenta
12-07-2006, 06:22 PM
So interesting! Thanks for sharing that you saw it. I'd never pay $2500 a night to stay ANYWHERE. That is a whole vacation budget for us!

Ditto. I bet it's neat but not $2,500 neat. Unless Bono was dressed as a pirate and I was to be his wench, forget about it.

kisroo
12-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Unless Bono was dressed as a pirate and I was to be his wench, forget about it.

*snork*

:p

I Heart Disneyland!
12-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Ditto. I bet it's neat but not $2,500 neat. Unless Bono was dressed as a pirate and I was to be his wench, forget about it.
Hahaha! Too funny!

Doodle Duck
12-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Well...what we are paying for ONE night in a standard room is our whole vacation budget! Usually we just drive the hour home which is about $12.50 in gas...but it's Lori's B-day and she has always wanted to stay there. So it's bootstraps! Luckily we have the APs. :fez:

Osky
12-08-2006, 03:05 PM
It nice and all but not worth the $2500 a night.

Keep in mind that "worth" is a relative term. What you might find absurdly ridiculous, others might find worth the price.

Opus1guy
12-08-2006, 03:05 PM
FYI...you can spend just about the same amount for the best suite at the Disneyland Hotel (better than even the Presidential or Penthouse)...though it's not really themed much. But it does have great space and history behind it. Today it's known as the Marina Suite, and it's just about to come out of a major refurb. But for a peak inside from 2000 highlighting some of its really unique features, see:

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45656

(Keep in mind that the decor already changed once since those pictures were taken, and they are changing again right now with the current refurb. But the suite is basically still the same.)

;)

shawnarae
12-08-2006, 05:15 PM
That Wrather (or is it now called Marina?) Suite how many does it sleep? Does anyone know? It's photos are on the link above this post.

Opus1guy
12-08-2006, 10:21 PM
That Wrather (or is it now called Marina?) Suite how many does it sleep? Does anyone know? It's photos are on the link above this post.

Yes...it's now called the Marina Suite.

It used to have 2 Kings in the main bedroom, but the last time I was in it they had reduced that to only one. There are adjoining doors to other full rooms...so if you include those...or include about 2 dozen roll-aways that the suite could hold...who knows? :)

But just the main part of the Marina Suite itself...last I was in there was one king bed.

Sleeping bag style...it could probably hold close to 100! :)

In that linked thread there, you'll find another link to the floorplan of the Marina Suite.

lauras5boys
12-09-2006, 06:06 AM
My friend was one of the very first to stay in the Pirate Suite. The newletter/magazine Disney sends out for the passholders (I can't remember the name right now) invited her, her daughter, her mother and her grandmother to stay in it since they were interviewing them for the magazine. She has some great pictures of it.