PDA

View Full Version : You know you're a Disneyland regular when...

Pages : [1] 2 3

mkraemer
12-06-2006, 02:53 PM
...the staff at your home-away-from-home (hotel in Anaheim) sends YOU a Christmas present!! (our box from the Desert Inn and Suites just arrived--how very cool!!)

tod
12-06-2006, 05:11 PM
You know you're a Disneyland regular when...

You say to yourself "Oh good, Ernie's doing the flag retreat." You instinctively check every line. You address Cast Members by name. You know they're called "Cast Members." You take the train from Main Street to New Orleans Square rather than walk it. You see Mickey Mouse in the Park and acknowledge him with a casual "Hi, Mickey." You know where East Center and West Center Streets are. And Royal Street. And Matterhorn Way. You can point out the rivet in Fantasyland. And you know it marks the center line of Main Street, not the geographic center of the Park. You know where Walt's apartment was. You know where Walt's planned apartment was. You've seen rats in the park. You've ridden in the Mark Twain Wheelhouse. You know where the Wheelhouse was. And the Oaks Tavern. And the Skyway. And the Motorboat Cruise. And the Fantasyland Autopia. And the House of the Future.

--t

Andrew
12-06-2006, 05:51 PM
... you know where tod's avatar is from.
... you took the same picture on your last trip and were going to use it as your own avatar, but tod beat you to it.

Leap for Joy
12-06-2006, 06:10 PM
... you drive all the way from Tucson Arizona and are happy just to sit on Main Street, no attractions necessary.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-06-2006, 06:30 PM

You say to yourself "Oh good, Ernie's doing the flag retreat." You instinctively check every line. You address Cast Members by name. You know they're called "Cast Members." You take the train from Main Street to New Orleans Square rather than walk it. You see Mickey Mouse in the Park and acknowledge him with a casual "Hi, Mickey." You know where East Center and West Center Streets are. And Royal Street. And Matterhorn Way. You can point out the rivet in Fantasyland. And you know it marks the center line of Main Street, not the geographic center of the Park. You know where Walt's apartment was. You know where Walt's planned apartment was. You've seen rats in the park. You've ridden in the Mark Twain Wheelhouse. You know where the Wheelhouse was. And the Oaks Tavern. And the Skyway. And the Motorboat Cruise. And the Fantasyland Autopia. And the House of the Future.

--t

I know an awful lot of these and I've never lived in So. Cal.! :geek: :geek: My years of going from AZ and from WA have brought me to new nerdy status. :geek:

I Heart Disneyland!
12-06-2006, 06:30 PM

haha! Yep, I know that too!

snappy
12-06-2006, 10:21 PM
One word:
Annual Passholder!

tunaman68
12-06-2006, 11:26 PM
1) Your son's favorite meal in the WHOLE WORLD is alfredo from Pizza Port

2) You remember going to the moon in the same place he eats his pasta

3) You've managed to pet a feral cat while waiting for the train in toontown

4) You know that the Tomorrowland side of the Matterhorn is WAY better than the Fantasyland side

5) Your entire family can recite the narrations from the Haunted Mansion elevator, and the TOT library

12-07-2006, 04:43 AM
Yes, fine. But did the first-aid lady at the Main Street station offer you a job on the spot because of your swift work with tweezers on a splinter in your kid's finger?

I thought not.

Tinkermommy
12-07-2006, 07:50 AM
Well, rats. We must not be going enough, cuz there's one I don't know...where/what is/was the Oaks Tavern?

tod
12-07-2006, 08:44 AM
... you took the same picture on your last trip and were going to use it as your own avatar, but tod beat you to it.

You really recognize which one that was? They're all over the park.

;)

--t

tod
12-07-2006, 08:45 AM
Well, rats. We must not be going enough, cuz there's one I don't know...where/what is/was the Oaks Tavern?

They call it the Stage Door Café now.

--t

lauramaynot
12-07-2006, 12:38 PM
...your walking through fantasyland with your 6 year old who replies, "It looks like their only running Monorail Purple today..." and sighs...:eek:

disneyperson
12-07-2006, 01:15 PM
You recognize the feral cats and have given them names.

I Heart Disneyland!
12-07-2006, 02:13 PM
You recognize the feral cats and have given them names.

Haha! So true! haha! I even saw the rat that Tod spoke of. Luckily...I only saw 1 rat! EEk!!!

mulansgirl
12-07-2006, 02:39 PM
You do the "rounds" before anything else. saying hello to certain CMs to see if they are working that day and if it is slow chat a bit and find out what is new in their lives. First stop city hall, then on to westward ho, hit the DVC stands and pin carts last stop VMK booth. Then consider what to do with the rest of your day.
I'm not the only one who does rounds am I?

PanFan
12-07-2006, 02:49 PM
You finally can't stand it and turn in an application (I have a second interview on Monday!!!!!!! Hoping for Guest Relations...)

Dexter
12-07-2006, 03:12 PM
The cast members ask you what you're doing here on your day off......thinking you work there.

futurecm21
12-07-2006, 03:44 PM
Your entire family can recite the narrations from the Haunted Mansion elevator, and the TOT library

Well, I have never been on the TOT, but the number of times I have been through the Haunted Mansion are countless. I could recite the stretching room narration in my sleep! After I was able to tell my older brother exactly which attractions can be found in Disneyland and not anywhere else, and then listing every single attraction in the entire DLR by land.:geek: However what really sealed it was when I tried to memorize the Jungle Cruise spiel. Which by the way almost worked. I would have had it no problem, if school work hadn't interfered.
futurecm21

dznyphreak
12-07-2006, 07:21 PM
Sadly, I can do/know most of the things mentioned (esp. TOT and HM spiels)

...you know what Rod Serling really says after "This, as you may recognize, is a m..."

...you giggle at people who misname or mispronounce an attraction/place's name

...you look for the white balloons right before (and sometimes during) the fireworks

...everyone asks you about Disneyland stuff for their next trip

...you recognize a CM on the new Vacation Planning DVD (the TOT one, to be exact); and you know what a CM is

...you are no stranger to such abbreviations as CM, HM, TOT, BTMR, DCA, DLR, and GRR

...you know what snowp is and/or have been caught in a blizzard (Dec. 2 lol)

...you post on a thread called "You know you're a Disneyland regular when..."

erica84
12-07-2006, 07:32 PM

--t

Wow, I'm so proud that I know or have done/seen about 95% of these! I am proud to call myself a Disneyland nerd!! :geek:

tod
12-07-2006, 10:40 PM
Being able to name everything on Main Street off the top of my head with 90%+ accuracy (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=171996&postcount=3). Being able to reel off a dozen or so real names on Main Street windows (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showpost.php?p=172543&postcount=15).

--t

T&Rshep
12-07-2006, 10:48 PM
... you know who Maynard is.
...the only spanish you know is "Permanaced Sentados por Favor!".
...you know the difference between billy gold, billy blue, and billy green, and you only go to see billy gold.
...you know when anything in a ride has changed, like if something got moved 1" to the left.
...you've named a pet or child after something disney. (Guilty, my cat is Lilly Belle).

WITron
12-08-2006, 01:02 AM
You get asked what you are doing in the park on your day off, and you Are a CM.

You can picture DL in your head and know where every attraction and bathroom are.

adriennek
12-08-2006, 07:03 AM
You really recognize which one that was? They're all over the park.

;)

I know which bathroom it's not. I know it's not the one in DCA on the San Francisco street because that bathroom's sign advertises for "Brawny" paper towels, not Sparkle.

Adrienne