PDA

View Full Version : AP hotel rate in January

PrincessE&B
12-06-2006, 01:15 PM
Has anyone ever seen them NOT give out an AP special in Jan?
I can't find the under $100.00 per night at the DLH or PPH that I saw last year.
Any ideas?

katiesue
12-06-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm planning a trip in mid January and have been waiting for those rates as well. Last year they didn't com up until around the first of January.

PrincessE&B
12-06-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm planning a trip in mid January and have been waiting for those rates as well. Last year they didn't com up until around the first of January.

I read them last year in the Holiday Season Backstage Pass mailer that came out in Nov.
Thisis why I am going nuts, it's Dec and no word yet.

DisneyLynn
12-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm patiently waiting too! Last year in Jan. we stayed at DLH for $89! I told my husband if we could get the GCH for under $200 we were going.

emmah
12-06-2006, 11:47 PM
I rang yesterday to ask about this, and the cheapest rate for the 14 day span I asked about was $260 at the DLH and around $350 at GCH. It's cheaper on expedia! last year the rates were out by now (I booked mine late October/early Nov - $89 a night at the DLH) so I suspect they aren't doing those rates this year... They had a special deal going for early November but the rate was about $120 as i remember it. :(

DisneyLynn
12-07-2006, 09:06 AM
I rang yesterday to ask about this, and the cheapest rate for the 14 day span I asked about was $260 at the DLH and around $350 at GCH. It's cheaper on expedia! last year the rates were out by now (I booked mine late October/early Nov - $89 a night at the DLH) so I suspect they aren't doing those rates this year... They had a special deal going for early November but the rate was about $120 as i remember it. :(

Early Nov. I got DLH for $119, but the rates were announced fairly late for that special.

hickorydickory
12-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Where do they announce these rates?

DangerMouse
12-07-2006, 10:02 AM
The first place I always check for special rates (AP or otherwise) is on mousesavers.com. She is usually up to date on any current specials being offered.

Since I'm not an AP anymore, I'm hoping for either a Disney Visa rate or a last minute Expedia rate in January. The waiting is the hardest part!

PrincessE&B
12-07-2006, 11:11 AM
The first place I always check for special rates (AP or otherwise) is on mousesavers.com. She is usually up to date on any current specials being offered.

Since I'm not an AP anymore, I'm hoping for either a Disney Visa rate or a last minute Expedia rate in January. The waiting is the hardest part!

Disney Visa Rate?

I don't know what to do. I have reservations at another hotel in the event the special rate doen't show up. Iwill vomit if the rate changes after my no cnx time frame from the other hotel.

Off to read mousesavers

DangerMouse
12-07-2006, 12:46 PM
Last year (Jan-Feb) they offered a Disney Visa rate for cardholders. I paid $129 a night for the DLH at the end of Feb. It's the only reason I applied for a Disney Visa. lol!

I'm disappointed that DLR isn't offering many specials during the off-season in early 2007. I mean, they aren't offering the Kids Play Free promotion, and it looks like no deals will be offered on the resort hotels either. :mad:

I guess I should be happy with my $54 a night HoJo rate, and Everyone Plays at Kids Prices, cause it looks like that's as good as it's gonna get! :p

Katlovett
12-07-2006, 02:13 PM
Mousesavers.com mentioned that Expedia has a hotel "rate calendar" for the Disney hotels to use if you have flexible dates. I could not find this "rate calendar" on Expedia's website. Could someone post a link for me, please?

Thanks for the help!

Katprint

DisneyLynn
12-07-2006, 08:23 PM
I've checked expedia for a few different dates in Jan. and they all come up as no rooms available for the DLR hotels :( I really want to stay on site because my husband and I would like to take advantage of Pinnochio's workshop so we can ride a few rides together. Does anyone know if any off-property hotels have kid's clubs??

DisneyLynn
12-07-2006, 08:49 PM
I checked out the expedia calendar mentioned above and none of the hotels have any rooms available through expedia after Jan. 2nd, so maybe there is hope that there will be some cheap rooms that just haven't been released yet. I can't imagine that all 3 hotels are sold out the entire month of Jan.

PrincessE&B
12-08-2006, 08:03 AM
This is just crazy. Why would they not want to get the AP a reason to stay onsite and spend more money onsite in the hotels?
When we stay off site we eat off site. This is sad.:crying:

I Heart Disneyland!
12-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Iwill vomit if the rate changes after my no cnx time frame from the other hotel.

Too funny! haha!

I am SO glad this thread came up! I need to keep my eyes open for the AP discounts. I SO need a trip to So. Cal. when the weather in Seattle sucks!

DisneyLynn
12-15-2006, 02:08 PM
Anyone find any good rates yet??? Expedia still has all of January blocked, what's up??

kohl
12-16-2006, 06:13 AM
We are planning on going at the end of January. I can't believe that even Expedia doesn't have their rates out yet. We also want to do Fantasmic! one night. Waiting for the schedule to go up for that.

jenpace
12-17-2006, 12:59 PM
I have been witing too for them to announce the dates for the special AR rates for January.

Last January we stayed at the GCH for $89.00 per night. I'm not going to hold my breath for anything that fabulous again but anything under $150.00 for any of the resort hotels would be great!

Jennifer