PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Disneyland souvenirs

Pages : [1] 2

Mingles
12-06-2006, 06:33 AM
What are your favorite Disneyland Souvenirs?

Mine are when they had disney silver coins.
Collected every Mr potato head piece
My wife likes collecting a disneyland ornimates every year and she loves snow globes
I usually always buy a shirt and a hat.
I prefer the disney character wharehouse but still love buying things in the park,

What are your must haves, buy, or collect.

yellowrosedtxn
12-06-2006, 06:38 AM
Well it started on the 25th anniversary. My brother and I got the 25th anniversary ears. I still have our ears. Now I also have the 50th anniversary ones, Christmas ones and the New Years ears from this year. I'm a happy camper!

edited to say: I also love to get t-shirts. I like to collect things, so that is what I have, a lot of things that say Disneyland from the bank to the magnets!

Katran
12-06-2006, 06:40 AM
I have to pick up something, anything from Pieces of Eight every time I go. I usually snag several POTC antenna balls for my car while I'm there (among other things). I keep a supply on hand at all times because every few months someone swipes the one off my antenna!

The old man
12-06-2006, 06:50 AM
How many threads would you like to start? Some suggestions:
Favorite--DL Ride
Favorite--DL View
Favorite--DL Time to visit
Favorite--DL Charactor in the park
Favorite--DL Beverage
Favorite--DL Surface pavement
Favorite--DL queue
Favorite--DL landscape
Favorite--DL parking lot space
Favorite--DL restaurant not in the park
Favorite--DL non-wet ride
Favorite--DL favorite item I didn't list.

Katran
12-06-2006, 07:08 AM
What's the big deal? They started a whole two threads on the topic of favorites.

backsthepack
12-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Oh please! What is the big deal with a favorites thread?

My favorites by the way are my mini snowglobes. I buy only Mickey and Tink. Love them.

oregontraveler
12-06-2006, 07:30 AM
the 50th CD set

DisneyPrincessCat
12-06-2006, 07:45 AM
We love to get any new t-shirts that come out,(you should see our collection, I am going to have them all made into a king size, wait make that about 5 king size quilts, that's how many we have.) I love pin collecting to the chagrin of hubby's wallet, we have literally spent thousands of $$$$$ on pins, but they look great on a cork bulletin board in my office, Mouse ears, always mouse ears, if they have something special for each promotion, got the 50th and the new ones that light up! I also love to bring home Disney candy items, since they will not ship candy, we try to get our favorite sweets while we are there. And of course we buy a couple of Christmas ornaments each year, usually dated. I absolutely love the shorts and stretch tank camis that I got in WDW last summer. I live in them, well in fact my entire wardrobe is pretty much Disney logo or character stuff!!! And when I cannot get to the Parks I shop at Disneyshopping .com for clothing, home decor and of course, presents for everyone's birthday.
And what is wrong with starting "favorites threads"? I think it is great fun to find out what everyone else likes and it lets you know a little more about all our compadres here on the boards. It is a way of sharing a love for all things "favorite Disney"!!!! Go for it! I will join in any of those threads.
Love, and Have a magical Day!
susi-Q

DisneyPrincessCat
12-06-2006, 07:46 AM
Oh, I forgot, hey Old Man, thanks for the great ideas for favorites threads:) .

wabby1
12-06-2006, 09:09 AM
Personally, I collect the mini-snowblobes. I have Pirates, Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, and the Haunted Mansion so far. I'm not sure of how many there are and the availability of them, but I understand there's one for the Matterhorn as well.

DangerMouse
12-06-2006, 09:25 AM
The free ones (i.e., Jungle Cruise map, certificate from piloting the Mark Twain or pulling the Sword from the Stone).

mommy-san
12-06-2006, 09:26 AM
I love salt and Pepper shakers. On our last trip i got a set with Pooh and Eeyore and one of Lilo and stitch. Ofcourse, they are too cute to actually use...

my3girls
12-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Things I like to get on every trip-

New t-shirts (we like to joke that when our DL shirt is worn out it's time for another trip)
Refrigerator magnet
Hardcover Disneyland book- I've got 5 of them now from 1996 through the 2006 version
A pin or two
Frames for favorite photographs

:D

Andrew
12-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Probably my "doubloon" keyfob from the now-gone machine in Pieces of Eight.

RockDoc07
12-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I've got to go with the antenna balls here, the ones that actually say Disneyland on them. I just bought three from the Disney store in my mall (all Christmas themed) but they're blank so not as cool.

Cool Runnings,
Doc

mommy-san
12-06-2006, 12:23 PM
ah, yes. The antenna ball. Me too. We bought 2 of just about all they had last trip in case they weren't available on our next trip.

Malcon10t
12-06-2006, 12:50 PM
Snowglobes of course!! Also tees and sweatshirts. And sadly, I tend to forget my coat each year at Christmas, so I usually have to buy a new coat too...

Katran
12-06-2006, 02:20 PM
I forgot about clothing! I always have to buy at least one shirt, but it's usually more like 3-4. :p

I Heart Disneyland!
12-06-2006, 06:33 PM
How many threads would you like to start? Some suggestions:

Your name should be Grumpy Old Man! Good heavens....if it bothers you that much, why post a sarcastic remark? It took energy to do it, why spend the time?

rentayenta
12-06-2006, 07:28 PM
What are your favorite Disneyland Souvenirs?

What are your must haves, buy, or collect.

I must bring home Rocky Road and the kids must get new Ears every trip. New hoodies for the family are a must have too.

Gone2Disneyland
12-06-2006, 08:17 PM
the 50th CD set
Me too. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
12-06-2006, 08:22 PM
There are so many, I can't name them all!!!!

disneyroxxx
12-06-2006, 10:34 PM
i like collecting disneyland maps. i got this beautiful one from GCH, and i see it every day when i wake up. i also have a few maps you get when you enter the park, and the map from july 17 2005. i also have a map of paris because it reminds me of the shape of disneyland :) funny thing is i suck at geography. i secretly plan out what order of rides i go on, when i look at a DL map. its fun.

MaraMouse
12-07-2006, 01:57 AM
i like collecting disneyland maps. i got this beautiful one from GCH, and i see it every day when i wake up. i also have a few maps you get when you enter the park, and the map from july 17 2005. i also have a map of paris because it reminds me of the shape of disneyland :) funny thing is i suck at geography. i secretly plan out what order of rides i go on, when i look at a DL map. its fun.

Did you get the Jungle Cruise map?

Hmm I always have to get a new hat of some sort.. Last trip I got a Minnie headband, but this time I reaally want the Mickey Santa hat which was totally sold out in adult sizes last time.

Aside from that I really like the princess jewelry boxes, they're different everytime and I've got 2 so far.

The mini snow globes sound cute, I'm going to look for those!

Love DL
12-07-2006, 09:53 AM
I always buy a new sterling silver charm for my Disney charm bracelet. I only buy charms when I am at the resort and I wear the bracelet every day I am there. It has been on all the rides with me and is getting pretty full. When I wear it at home it brings back all those special Disney memories :)