PDA

View Full Version : Going to Disneyland this weekend

BabieDuckie
12-05-2006, 02:41 PM
Hello all! I have been visiting this forum for a while now and I absolutely LOVE reading everybody's posts. I guess I have finally drawn up the courage to start posting :) I didn't see a spot to introduce myself so I guess this would be the place to start. I grew up in Northern California but just recently moved to Washington. My boyfriend and I are going to Disneyland this weekend and well, let's just say he's not super estatic about going. I, on the other hand, LOVE Disneyland and have since my first visit when I was 5. He's been to Disneyland once before a few years back so I'm determined to make this a fun and memorable experience for the both of us :) If anybody has any suggestions or advice for our trip this weekend please feel free to share! All of my past trips to the park around this time of year have always gone quite well. I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

DisneyPrincessCat
12-05-2006, 02:58 PM
What a perfect time for him to see the Magic of Disney, at the holidays. Everything is going to be so decorated and pretty, I cannot imagine that he will not love it as much as you by the end of the trip. Take him on Soarin' in DCA!!! That is the BEST!!!! :D :D So much fun. Catch Fantasmic and the fireworks, they will make anyone smile. Just have a great time showing him what you love so much about the place and he will have fun too!!!!!
Have a magical time!!!!!!
susi-Q

Bytebear
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Take him on Space Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. If you do go on some of the "kiddie" rides, like Snow White, make it a little romantic for him, by snuggling through the ride. Don't go overboard (they have cameras watching you).

jeffthechef
12-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Congrats! I'm going next Tues-Sat. It will be my first time experiencing DL during Christmas time:fez: . I think once dusk hits and all of the lights start coming on, all cares in the world will be forgotten. Add a cup of hot chocolate and all is good....

Enjoy your trip! :)

splash
12-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Not everyone catches the Disney fever, but hopefully he will feel the magic as we all do! Make sure to do Splash Mountain at night when you can see the lights of the park before the big plunge (you also sit close to each other on this one!)

Jeffthechef we will be there Wed-Wed starting next week. Maybe we will see you there.

JDBlair
12-05-2006, 04:03 PM
Hello all! I have been visiting this forum for a while now and I absolutely LOVE reading everybody's posts. I guess I have finally drawn up the courage to start posting :) I didn't see a spot to introduce myself so I guess this would be the place to start. I grew up in Northern California but just recently moved to Washington. My boyfriend and I are going to Disneyland this weekend and well, let's just say he's not super estatic about going. I, on the other hand, LOVE Disneyland and have since my first visit when I was 5. He's been to Disneyland once before a few years back so I'm determined to make this a fun and memorable experience for the both of us :) If anybody has any suggestions or advice for our trip this weekend please feel free to share! All of my past trips to the park around this time of year have always gone quite well. I'm REALLY looking forward to it!

I took DH to DL this past March for a week. He hadn't been since he was 12 and he really wasn't that thrilled about it. He had so much fun. More fun than I think he thought he would. So much fun was had that he even agreed to a day trip at Christmas. The excitement at DL is contageous!

dland
12-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Were going this weekend too! Have fun.

TowerofTerror
12-05-2006, 09:09 PM
have fun this weekend i wish i could be there

MadasaHatter
12-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Keep in mind that not everyone has the same experiences.....I have taken many many people for the first time and I am amazed at what they find their favorites. One of my friend thought the TIKI ROOM was the most amazing thing there so we went TWICE!!!! Something that I have never done!!! So just don't spend too much time hyping things up is my bit of advice and just go with HIS flow.....I agree with everyone that XMAS is an amazing time to go......have fun....

Stitch Lover
12-06-2006, 12:00 AM
hello! i haven't posted in a long long time. i thought i would jump in here and say i am going thursday morning! thrusday through saturday:) we(me, my brother, and my mom) are seeing Fantasmic! showing on the balcony saturday night:D can't wait! my suggestion for BabieDuckie is yes watch Fantasmic! if you can and the Aladdin show in California Adventure if you are going there. that show is GREAT! although i don't know how the new cast is. ummm.....can't think of anything else, but what susislicker said, show him what you like about Disneyland and he should love it too!:)

BabieDuckie
12-06-2006, 08:16 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions! My boyfriend has actually been quite positive about this upcoming trip. We've both acknowledged that this wouldn't be his first pick of things to do on a weekend (especially when it's snowing! he loves to ski!) but he understands how much it means to me to be able to share an experience like this with him. I was planning on taking him on Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Splash Mountain, and Star Tours since he hasn't been on those. Honestly, I have no idea what he did the last time he was at the park but he didn't even go on POTC! He hasn't been to California Adventure either or walked the shops in Downtown Disney... I have PLENTY of opportunities to create new memories and hopefully show him the magic of Disney! I, too, agree that Christmas time will be the best time to go. Hopefully the spirit of Christmas will be to my advantage! Thanks again for all your help!

jeffthechef
12-06-2006, 08:35 AM
I have seen people soaked head-to-toe on Splash. Do they change something during the cold weather so you do not get as wet?

Raven
12-06-2006, 08:41 AM
You are going at the BEST time of the year. My husband and I will be celebrating our anniversary there on Saturday...HAVE FUN!!!!